• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper's Hide is sending me email notifications every hour, on the hour - for over a year!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2020
You have 3 new feedback at Sniper's Hide Forum.

I'm not kidding. My junk email gets 24 messages a DAY that look like this. I have been through every place on this site I can find to turn off all email notifications, and yet, I still get this. I've been to my feedback page to try to mark all my feedback as "read". Nothing works.

To make matters worse, Hotmail will NOT filter these messages out. I don't know why, I have BLOCKED the email address, I have made a rule/filter to move them to the trash upon arrival, nothing works.

Some people would say, "Just ignore them, they're in you're Junk Mail folder, what do you care?" Well, I have to look through my junk mail folder several times a day to make sure I'm not missing out on important things, and yes, some of them are things I need to catch. With an extra 24 messages a day from Sniper's Hide, it just makes it that much more difficult, there's more of a sea of junk to wade through.

I could just change my email address on the forum, but I have a feeling I'll need to "confirm" any changes with an email, so just choosing some random BS email won't work.

Am I the only one this is happening to?

Can someone figure out how to stop my Sniper's Hide auto-spam?

Thanks

The bigger question is... you still use Hotmail? ;)

1642426415982.png

Attachments

• 1642426381545.png
    1642426381545.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: DIBBS
The bigger question is... you still use Hotmail? ;)

View attachment 7786427

I've done all of that. Gone to preferences MULTIPLE times, EVERYTHING is UNCHECKED. I seriously don't know what else I can do.

And yes, I use my Hotmail as my 'throwaway' account. I use it to sign up for everything like forums, and anytime I have to give an email for a commercial enterprise, etc. I use my Gmail account as my personal email and I don't give it out for most things.

So yes, these messages ending up in my Hotmail Junk folder is exactly what should happen for this kind of thing, but the question remains -

1. WHY am I still getting messages when I have UNCHECKED EVERY BOX for notifications?
  2. WHY am I still getting messages for feedback when I've already viewed those feedback a year and a half ago, and multiple times since?
  3. WHY and I getting these messages EVERY HOUR ON THE HOUR?
These things don't make sense. And yes, I still need to be able to peruse my Junk Mail to look for somewhat important things that get filtered out - but having an additional 24 messages a day from a forum I no longer frequent makes it that much more difficult.

Well, I guess I thought maybe in the future I might like to participate - but if the forum owners/moderators aren't interested in trying to stop something this buggy, deletion might be my only option.

I guess I also didn't know deletion was an option - but I can certainly look into that.