• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Snipers Hide is Terrible on the Wallet!!!

TCKev

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2011
Houma,LA
I looked so much at the rimfire section that I got around to looking at the other section's of the forum. That'a bad news for my wallet. I bought my donor receiver today at Academy. Bought one of the ADL version's that has an X-Mark Pro Trigger a 24" barrel, say's it a 10 twist.
Here are my plans
Krieger MTU contour barrel 10 twist probably 26"
Manners T-4A stock
Jewell Trigger
Murphy Precision Scope Base
GTR Fluted firing pin
Upgrade the extractor
Bolt Stop Release
Flat Ground Recoil Lug
Bolt Knob Flute the bolt

Eventually after all these are collected have it trued

Re: Snipers Hide is Terrible on the Wallet!!!

"Snipers Hide is Terrible on the Wallet!!!"

No, say its not so, lol. Hell yes <span style="font-weight: bold">GUNS</span> are terrible on the wallet. The Hide simply intensifies it. Looks like a nice build, have fun.

What I have found myself doing is the following justification process...
'A NF F1 is 2200ish, and a Schmidt is 3200, so really youre only paying 1k for a scope because I am already in for 2200.'
The wife hates my justifications...and this website is what I am blaming!
Just kidding, love the gouge that gets passed on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC_03XX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I have found myself doing is the following justification process...
'A NF F1 is 2200ish, and a Schmidt is 3200, so really youre only paying 1k for a scope because I am already in for 2200.'
The wife hates my justifications...and this website is what I am blaming!
Just kidding, love the gouge that gets passed on. </div></div>

Damn. I do that too. My wife also frowns...

Yes folks, I to speak in technicalities to my wife when the subject of my weapons spending comes up. Decoys Lois, decoys....
wink.gif

-Matt

That's why i just get a paper towel tube and paint it black with "Schmidt & Bender" stenciled on. I know people are impressed because they can't stop looking at my rifles at the range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mission_fail</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's why i just get a paper towel tube and paint it black with "Schmidt & Bender" stenciled on. I know people are impressed because they can't stop looking at my rifles at the range. </div></div>

Damn. Instant gratification for any scope you want, and you can still eat steak for dinner
grin.gif

Ha, too funny! Luckily for me, my wife "usually" doesnt catch another black rifle or black scope sitting in the group in the safe. I got busted when I added some Magpul FDE furniture to an existing AR, she saw it and busted my balls about another rifle purchase (she's actually pretty cool about my addiction). I decided not not even try to defend myself and just admitted to a new rifle. Figured I'd already slipped 2-3 rifles and my new NF 1x4 under the radar.

I would save my pennies get a new Addison bring it home an the wife would say what did you get that with or were did you get the money for that.I would just say i sold one of my other rifles.At that time i had about thirty rifles.She never pays attention to my rifles so it made it for a good loving relationship.Now that i am having one built she pretty cool with it.And I AM pushing it just a litte maybe and starting to talk about a nother build to her,she seems to be pretty cool with that to.So their maybe NO END TO THIS.MAYBE LIFE DOSE GET BETTER AS YOU GET OLDER"LOL"

Oh, we all know that this site is rough on the wallet - just ask my wife. Her normal comment is, "are you on there again" in a shrill voice.

Yeah, I just did a year end financial review and money spent on guns/ammo/training, was MUCH larger then I was aware of. C'est la vie...

I now have a baseline that I can try and exceed this year
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DamnYuppie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, I just did a year end financial review and money spent on guns/ammo/training, was MUCH larger then I was aware of. C'est la vie...

I now have a baseline that I can try and exceed this year
smile.gif
</div></div>

Now that is good stuff!!!