• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper's Hide on Tapatalk...

base

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2009
San Francisco, Ca
why is a large site like Sniper's Hide not on Tapatalk for mobiles? has there not been a want for it by members and users?

Re: Sniper's Hide on Tapatalk...

How stupid are you... first off this question, comment as been asked more often than I care to recite.

TAPATALK DOES NOT SUPPORT UBB THREADS... END OF STORY.

Tapatalk only works with certain forum software. We have been using UBB Since 2001, and it has worked out well so there is no plans to change so you can fool yourself into thinking Tapatalk does something. This site works on mobile devices, I use my iPad everyday and I access it through the iPhone. People have no problem using a mobile device.

Why is it, with 56 posts you think you can come on here and tell me how to run my site... mind your own business.

No problems running the site on my iPad/iPhone. Like the man said, "If it ain't broke..."!!!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How stupid are you... first off this question, comment as been asked more often than I care to recite.

Tapatalk only works with certain forum software. We have been using UBB Since 2001, and it has worked out well so there is no plans to change so you can fool yourself into thinking Tapatalk does something. This site works on mobile devices, I use my iPad everyday and I access it through the iPhone. People have no problem using a mobile device.

Why is it, with 56 posts you think you can come on here and tell me how to run my site... mind your own business. </div></div>

diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick
laugh.gif

WOW! Why bust his balls so hard for asking a question...relax folks. I didn't read anywhere in his comment that he was telling the moderator "how to run the site". Just saying, if you run something like this in a public domain you are accepting the risk of a lot of repeat questions. If you don't like my repsonse come over and I'll buy you beer(s) to cool off. BTW it works on my droid too.

Its probably because he is sick and fucking tired of answering the same question. Not only would a search have yielded the answer, but this is in the wrong section. A little common sense goes a long way, along with etiquette and not pissing off the guy that calls the shots.

There is a lot to be gained from this site, just do it the right way and it will be a rewarding experience.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How stupid are you... first off this question, comment as been asked more often than I care to recite.

Why is it, with 56 posts you think you can come on here and tell me how to run my site... mind your own business. </div></div>
Come on Frank why not tell him how you really feel? LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselgeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How stupid are you... first off this question, comment as been asked more often than I care to recite.

diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick
laugh.gif
</div></div>
Really you want to go there?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARdude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW! Why bust his balls so hard for asking a question...relax folks. I didn't read anywhere in his comment that he was telling the moderator "how to run the site". Just saying, if you run something like this in a public domain you are accepting the risk of a lot of repeat questions. If you don't like my repsonse come over and I'll buy you beer(s) to cool off. BTW it works on my droid too. </div></div>
First of all Frank is not the moderator he owns the place. So with twenty posts I don't think its your place ARdude.
crazy.gif

Yeah, because with ONLY 20 posts, you're probably only a 16yr old internet geek, but when you have a few thousand, you're a fully fledged sniper...
whistle.gif

Mentally equating post count to right to ask a question, intelligence or real-life status is about as smart as nipples on body armour...hmmm, poor analogy as I may not really mind that, they might be useful, just so long as there were no boobs to go along with them, that could be 'tactically' distracting at an unfortunate moment..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr Scholl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, because with 20 posts, you're probably only a 16yr old internet geek, but when you have a few thousand, you're a fully fledged sniper...

Equating post count to intelligence or real-life status</div></div>

Don't be an asshat.

With a few thousand you've had the chance to have some type of dialogue other than "nice rifle" and "BTT". A few thousand will definitely expose your credibility, i.e. knowledge.

Besides it doesn't take a astrophysicist to realize you shouldn't be "calling out" the owner of the site or any of the moderators.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselgeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How stupid are you... first off this question, comment as been asked more often than I care to recite.

diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick
laugh.gif
</div></div>
Really you want to go there?</div></div>

Go where? I put a smiley beside it.

Also It would be nice to have a lo-fi version. It's not impossible to view it form my android, but difficult, and it's easy from my iPad. If it can be had I don't know, and don't care to search for it.

Fair enough - but all I saw a question, not a throw-down/challenge to the site owner. The question was obviously ill-timed, for whatever reason.

My comment is more directed to a general view that there are plenty of people who seem to equate post count with status, which seems strange to me, given it is the internet and not real life. I'm sure some people with hundreds or thousands of posts may have contributed a great deal, and some not at all. Some with fewer than 100 may have also, or asked some dumb questions, like the OP's was construed as. Everyone was new at something once and I can recall plenty of dumb questions I've asked when new at something, and not just here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselgeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselgeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How stupid are you... first off this question, comment as been asked more often than I care to recite.

diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick
laugh.gif
</div></div>
Really you want to go there?</div></div>

Go where? I put a smiley beside it. </div></div>
Thats what I did wrong I didn't put one next to my comment, thanks
smile.gif

that was a bit harsh? i'm not telling you or evening suggesting to you any recommendations on what you should do with your site. i just found out about Tapatalk today and wondered why a large site like SH wasn't on there. i did actually did look thru the other forum headings and didn't find one suitable for this question. sorry.

edited: Think I'll stay out of this one - lol...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mythree</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How stupid are you... first off this question, comment as been asked more often than I care to recite.

edited: Think I'll stay out of this one - lol...</div></div> probably a good idea.

I have been reading this site on my microwave oven since 2005.

Obviously this post is a violation of my own suggestion, but if nobody else posts here, this thread will go away quietly. Can we do that? Wasn't Lowlight's ass chewing enough.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mythree</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How stupid are you... first off this question, comment as been asked more often than I care to recite.

Wise.....
edited: Think I'll stay out of this one - lol... </div></div>

Nah' got nothing better to do. In fact I am browsing right now from my new Iconia Tab A500. Text input is a little slow compared to other site, but totally workable.

Works fine from my iPhone and even on the Samsung Eternity I had before that.

#21. I have been following many of the threads on this forum for ~6 months. Most are very well thought out and are great contributions. But, I have been noticing a general "I think I'm the shit" mentality in the gerneral discussion. Take a step back and think about it and cool off. I don't care about the number of posts I have (its not a popoularity contest). I'm here to learn not spout off. As should you.