• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events Snipers Unknown Challenge 2022 - Clinton House

Gentleman4561

Luke Crawford - Jawbone Media
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2011
Cumming, GA
jbonemedia.com
Anyone signed up?

Their website seems to be gone, but I have been told the event is still happening.

Seems like historically their comms haven’t been great.

Interested to hear. I've never been able to figure out how to sign up. Social media looks dead but maybe I'm not looking in the right place. I heard from a few people last year was a good time, though

They still have an active Facebook page, the match website seems to be down atm.

Dang, just noticed Clinton House and not GTI. Too bad but understandable

Im signed up for this. Never done a team event before, so ill be totally 'ignant' ;)

1) Can anyone elaborate on what "team stalk" event will be (is it like hide and seek for grown ups?)

2) Whats the difference between GTI and Clinton House I thought they were the same - abandoned nuclear facility?

3) People that have been to Clinton house can you give me some idea of what the facility offers as possible firing positions? higher angle distance shots than GTI? or are little to no angle perhaps? buildings onsite/their height, property size, terrain, etc. Help get me up to your speed so we can be more competitive!

4) Anybody going to SUC 2022? wouldn't mind meeting up once my team is in SC Thurs/Fri - will be flying or driving from WI.

5) SUC website says 200 rounds rifle, 200 rounds pistol - is that per shooter (so should be bringing 200rd primary, 200rd secondary and 400rd pistol total for team? sounds excessive and will force me to drive, but if thats what it is so be it).

Thanks all in advance; Im looking forward to a memorable event!

Im signed up for this. Never done a team event before, so ill be totally 'ignant' ;)

1) Can anyone elaborate on what "team stalk" event will be (is it like hide and seek for grown ups?) Yes, based on stalks they do at .Mil Sniper Schools.

2) Whats the difference between GTI and Clinton House I thought they were the same - abandoned nuclear facility? GTI is nuclear facility, Clinton House is a sporting clays/hunting lodge.

3) People that have been to Clinton house can you give me some idea of what the facility offers as possible firing positions? higher angle distance shots than GTI? or are little to no angle perhaps? buildings onsite/their height, property size, terrain, etc. Help get me up to your speed so we can be more competitive! Last match I shot there biggest elevation was probably 15 feet in the air.

4) Anybody going to SUC 2022? wouldn't mind meeting up once my team is in SC Thurs/Fri - will be flying or driving from WI. Sure

5) SUC website says 200 rounds rifle, 200 rounds pistol - is that per shooter (so should be bringing 200rd primary, 200rd secondary and 400rd pistol total for team? sounds excessive and will force me to drive, but if thats what it is so be it). No idea, you can ship ammo to Clinton House before hand.

1) Can anyone elaborate on what "team stalk" event will be (is it like hide and seek for grown ups?)

2) Whats the difference between GTI and Clinton House I thought they were the same - abandoned nuclear facility?

3) People that have been to Clinton house can you give me some idea of what the facility offers as possible firing positions? higher angle distance shots than GTI? or are little to no angle perhaps? buildings onsite/their height, property size, terrain, etc. Help get me up to your speed so we can be more competitive!

4) Anybody going to SUC 2022? wouldn't mind meeting up once my team is in SC Thurs/Fri - will be flying or driving from WI.

5) SUC website says 200 rounds rifle, 200 rounds pistol - is that per shooter (so should be bringing 200rd primary, 200rd secondary and 400rd pistol total for team? sounds excessive and will force me to drive, but if thats what it is so be it).

1. The Team Stalk will be held on Friday. It is a separate event that the competitors can sign up for. It will be a 360-degree stalk, which means we will have Thermal Drone coverage and a roaming sentry out on the lane. The intent of this stalk is to push the limits and showcase the challenges of operating within a peer and contested environment. It's all for fun though, and the winning team will walk away with a prize.

2. Clinton House will be more rural. We will still have a few props, i.e. vehicles and whatnot to work with, but expect to shoot from positions of concealment/cover and too also move as a team as you engage targets.

3. No real angle challenge here. I would focus on team communications and rapid target engagements. Also, we will have Skill level one tasks sprinkled throughout the events. Such as applying a tourniquet or evacuating a casualty.

5. That's for the team. Though I encourage each member of the team to bring 150 rounds of rifle/pistol. We will be offering zero confirmation and data collection that Friday.

I hope that clears up some answers for you and others.

1. The Team Stalk will be held on Friday. It is a separate event that the competitors can sign up for. It will be a 360-degree stalk, which means we will have Thermal Drone coverage and a roaming sentry out on the lane. The intent of this stalk is to push the limits and showcase the challenges of operating within a peer and contested environment. It's all for fun though, and the winning team will walk away with a prize.

2. Clinton House will be more rural. We will still have a few props, i.e. vehicles and whatnot to work with, but expect to shoot from positions of concealment/cover and too also move as a team as you engage targets.

3. No real angle challenge here. I would focus on team communications and rapid target engagements. Also, we will have Skill level one tasks sprinkled throughout the events. Such as applying a tourniquet or evacuating a casualty.

5. That's for the team. Though I encourage each member of the team to bring 150 rounds of rifle/pistol. We will be offering zero confirmation and data collection that Friday.

I hope that clears up some answers for you and others.
Chris, any idea what longest shot will be for secondary?

Since we gave away the range for secondary (6-800); in that spirit I thought Id ask:

Rough % of Primary's rounds/engagements beyond 1000yd? More than 10-15%?
(I want to use a 6creed but am worried they'll be hard to see impacts on steel past 1000yd vs using a 6.5PRC). Thanks

Is this a hike between stages match? (It is implied by the pack requirement, but that is usually stated somewhere in the rules and match description.)
If so, what kind of movements do we need to be ready for? (length, pace, etc.)
How badly will a team without night vision be handicapped on the night stages?
Is this a lost brass match?

Last edited:
Since we gave away the range for secondary (6-800); in that spirit I thought Id ask:

Rough % of Primary's rounds/engagements beyond 1000yd? More than 10-15%?
(I want to use a 6creed but am worried they'll be hard to see impacts on steel past 1000yd vs using a 6.5PRC). Thanks
I'd say no more than 5%. Clinton House doesn't have that depth for that, so this year's focus is more on rapid and precise fire at short to medium distances.

Is this a hike between stages match? (It is implied by the pack requirement, but that is usually stated somewhere in the rules and match description.)
If so, what kind of movements do we need to be ready for? (length, pace, etc.)
How badly will a team without night vision be handicapped on the night stages?
Is this a lost brass match?
The hikes will be minimal, as I don't want it to be Mammoth, but some stages will have a bit of physical work involved, but nothing crazy. You are looking at no more than 2-3 miles total for each day as will have a shuttle of sort to get teams back from the farthest points.

For the night stages, night vision isn't required as each stage will have low light aspects to it, so even without night vision you'll be able to engage the targets.

Reactions: TheOtherAndrew