• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Snipershide sets build thread- LETS SEE EM!

Bruiser_Joe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2009
Hell
well with all the JD machine sets finally rolling out and guys recieving theirs. if you built it, post it! lets see em.

Re: Snipershide sets build thread- LETS SEE EM!

AR15 SN 23

CAJDMT1.jpg

JDMTCABuild2.jpg

JDMTCABuild1.jpg

I'll edit the full build at the end of the week.

Waiting on some more parts to complete my upper.
here is the lower so far.
2d12wjt.jpg

^^^

Surely there is more than this since they have started shipping? Let's see'em

Mick

i know guys have got em, i just don't think they are built yet.

i have tracking and hopefully tuesday, ill have the lower and later the upper. luckily its being built for me and it will arrive ready to go. man this holiday is killing me, lol. my lower is down at the UPS office waiting for the staff to get back from their day off. its killing me. the upper was delivered to the barrel makers on friday. i hope nobody got in a hurry to start the three day weekend, lol. arrrgh! hurry tuesday

Wow these are sweet!
Where are you guys getting them from and do you have prices?
Thanks
Dantrom

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow these are sweet!
Where are you guys getting them from and do you have prices?
Thanks
Dantrom </div></div>

Here you go. Contact the Op of the thread as there are a few AR15 sets left.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1942821#Post1942821

can anyone with a 762 model and pmags please pm me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boston</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AR15 SN 23

CAJDMT1.jpg

I'll edit the full build at the end of the week.</div></div>

Is that a Geissele SSA trigger with anti-walk pins? If so, I believe the folks at Geissele suggest against using anti-walk pins with their triggers and instead, use the precision ground pins that come with their triggers.

It is an SSA trigger and thanks for the info as I was unaware. I had the KNS pins from a previous RRA lower and reused them on this build. Guess I need to read up and change it back.

Thanks

I take it this thread is not for the old group buy offered by Scottmilk9 with the old logo engraved on the right side of the magwell, right?

are there any 7.62?? looking at starting a build

there is a waiting list at the moment.

lightfoot that is NICE!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johngfoster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does this count?
dsc0565c.jpg
</div></div>

LOOKS GOOD TO ME!!!!

Mick

Just finished this for a buddy of mine, sorry for the crappy pics.

Kreiger .260 1x8, Knight m110 rail and rear sight, RRA triger tuned 2 3/4 lb, Nightforce mnt, US optics 1.8-10.

MVC-001F-4.jpg

MVC-003F-4.jpg

MVC-001F-4.jpg

MVC-005F-2.jpg

MVC-008F-4.jpg

MVC-009F-6.jpg

wow that is one killer looking gun, very nicely done

wow all those sets come in and those are the only builds that are done? jeez

I'll have mine done next week. Just have to make it back to the states first...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Krebaum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just finished this for a buddy of mine, sorry for the crappy pics.

Kreiger .260 1x8, Knight m110 rail and rear sight, RRA triger tuned 2 3/4 lb, Nightforce mnt, US optics 1.8-10.

MVC-001F-4.jpg

MVC-003F-4.jpg

MVC-001F-4.jpg

MVC-005F-2.jpg

MVC-008F-4.jpg

MVC-009F-6.jpg
</div></div>

Wow that’s beautiful and exactly what I am looking for in an AR-10 except in .308. May I ask what it cost minus optics and can I get one?

Here are a couple of pics for comparison. DPMS & JD machine. There are a lot of nice features on the JD that I like over the DPMS. Another reason to go with the JD over the DPMS is that the new DPMS upper receivers do not line up with the rail handguards. The DPMS in the picture is an old one that did line up, it also has custom angle cuts on the left side of the receiver to match the right side. The factory DPMS were round on the left side. The pictures are also a better representation on color then the first ones.
MVC-023F.jpg

MVC-025F-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tankrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in love with mine...and da wife is jealous.

Picture004-1.jpg
</div></div>

Ok... so where's the SH lower/upper receiver set?

All I see is a np3'd POF P-308? Or is that just my imagination?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tankrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pup. Your right. This pic doesnt belong . </div></div>

For a minute there I thought you did a POF piston build on the SH 7.62 lower/upper until I noticed the trigger guard.

Nice rifle though, my friend has one like that np3'd with a magpul PRS... shoots very well.

SH_AR308b.jpg

SH_AR308.jpg

SH_AR15b.jpg

SH_AR15.jpg

I know they're not built yet, but can't let this thread die out, I know there are more out there. Also it looks like they fixed the anodizing, was told there was no difference between upper and lower.

good, i have a feeling all the issues with anodizing were on the affected sets (reblasted)

common guys we sold like 100 sets and we have this many posts?

I've got my lower assembled, but I'm waiting for my upper to get back.

My 223, waiting on Christmas to be over with before I build the 308 set...

IMAG0171.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

SH556Lt.jpg

SH556Rt.jpg

It's my first ever lower build. I think it turned out, ok. It's my first time driving roll pins, so in true noob fashion I damaged the anodizing around the Bolt Catch Roll Pin, and the Trigger Guard Roll Pin.
Can anyone tell me the best way to cover my learning marks there?

Anyone else? I was thinking about buying a set of the ar15 lowers if they're still available.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
SH556Lt.jpg

SH556Rt.jpg

It's my first ever lower build. I think it turned out, ok. It's my first time driving roll pins, so in true noob fashion I damaged the anodizing around the Bolt Catch Roll Pin, and the Trigger Guard Roll Pin.

</div></div>

Sharpie?

so you guys happy so far? once again i apoligize to everyone who had to wait. hopefully everyone is happy with their purchase.

I am definitely happy; between the quality, the price, and the service I'm not sure which was further above par.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
SH556Lt.jpg

SH556Rt.jpg

</div></div>
Birchwood Casey makes a pen for bluing aluminum, it wont match the finish but it will be more permanent than sharpie
Sharpie? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Notice anything different with this one? </div></div>Is there something besides the obvious: the color fill looks nice.

Looks Like he painted in the word "safe" as opposed to the x'd out bullet.

The color fill pops, looks nice, ewolf.

-Thanks for the "fix" suggestions, I ordered a paint marker from Midway.
Appreciate the help.-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks Like he painted in the word "safe" as opposed to the x'd out bullet.

The color fill pops, looks nice, ewolf.

-Thanks for the "fix" suggestions, I ordered a paint marker from Midway.
Appreciate the help.- </div></div>
yeah, I didn't get the bullet designs for the selector, just safe and fire.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah, I didn't get the bullet designs for the selector, just safe and fire. </div></div>Ahh, didn't catch that. Very nice.

i wish they made the color pens in blue or other colors. its used on bowling balls of all things.

not the "group buy" sets but some JD stuff of mine

P9040029.jpg

P9040024.jpg

P8180207.jpg

ce2e1161.jpg

GAP_Closer1.jpg

ac9f419a.jpg

146cb759.jpg

9f981a24.jpg

most have changed since those pics but figured i'd contribute