• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Snipershide sets build thread- LETS SEE EM!

Re: Snipershide sets build thread- LETS SEE EM!

Here's mine still workin on loads for it but Very Happy so far!
Thanks Again Joe for doing this.
000_0857.jpg

000_0856.jpg

I'm gonna upgrade to a PRS as soon as funds allow.

10.3" DD govt profile 1/7 Bbl
Troy TRX rail
Noveske KX3 and "SCF" dust cover
DD LPK
BCM mil spec buffer assbly, BCG, and gunfighter CH
hogue grip
magpul MOE, MBUS, BAD lever, and pmags w/ ranger plates
Vortex SPARC
MI sling plate
2ykjtci.jpg

Sorry for no pictures, but I just didn't get around to breaking out the camera last trip home. Priorities start with family...

The AR-15 set was perfect, including the MK12 Mod 1 upper from Monty at Centurion. Shot groups holding sub MOA out to 200yds. It has a SS 3-9x on top for now, and I'm looking at other options for later with USO being the front runner.

The two AR-10 sets look great but won't be built until the summer. One will be a .308 and the other in a 6.5CM or .260. They have a date with GAP more than likely...

nice good to hear all the good reviews. seriously if anyone has any issues please let me know so we can take care of them.

Finally got mine built. Hope to get out this weekend to get a few shots through it.

WOA 18" barrel
Viking / Troy 13" rail
Magpul UBR, MBUS, and mags
Spike's Tactical parts inside

SHAR153.jpg

SHAR15.jpg

SHAR152.jpg

SHAR154.jpg

Mine...barrel, rail and Ops Inc brake done by Alan Brown via Kevin at High Caliber Sales. The rest assembled by me using top quality parts (NF 2.5-10x32 scope, LaRue SPR mount, Troy buis, Atlas bipod, Magpul UBR, Colt LPK, Ergo grip, etc.). Ops Inc suppressor on order.

mk1201.jpg

mk1202.jpg

Here is my recent build I just got done with.

[img:left]
IMG_0455.jpg
[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacBlade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is my recent build I just got done with.</div></div>Umm, I don't think that's a Sniper's Hide receiver set. Nice gun, but this thread is for the group buy receiver sets.

I'm loving this build! I've got a MK12 MOD1 upper like yours, I've been looking at doing the same stock, the PRS is a bit too heavy. I'm thinking that the Atlas is another switch out I'll need to do to drop some weight.
My only decision is what optics..
Would love to see the range report.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine...barrel, rail and Ops Inc brake done by Alan Brown via Kevin at High Caliber Sales. The rest assembled by me using top quality parts (NF 2.5-10x32 scope, LaRue SPR mount, Troy buis, Atlas bipod, Magpul UBR, Colt LPK, Ergo grip, etc.). Ops Inc suppressor on order.

mk1201.jpg

mk1202.jpg

</div></div>
I

Tracey from GAP just called me to let me know my Rifle was Ready!!!!

Holy crap, I'd be a lying son-of-a-gun if I said I wasn't giddy as a school girl right now.

It's the .308 Hide Upper and lower I sent to them at the beginning of December.

I'll get pics up as soon as she's delivered.

When I first started reading the thread, I thought it was "just" an any semi rifle picture thread. The title to the thread is a little confusing.

Some great looking rifles though, may have to get in on the next one, and I really like the trigger guard.

Great job fellas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boston</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AR15 SN 23

CAJDMT1.jpg

JDMTCABuild2.jpg

JDMTCABuild1.jpg

I'll edit the full build at the end of the week. </div></div>

i dont know how to tell another man this...so i am just going to say it...you just gave me a boner(no homo)

bench

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
SH556Lt.jpg

SH556Rt.jpg

It's my first ever lower build. I think it turned out, ok. It's my first time driving roll pins, so in true noob fashion I damaged the anodizing around the Bolt Catch Roll Pin, and the Trigger Guard Roll Pin.
Can anyone tell me the best way to cover my learning marks there?

</div></div>What kind of stock is that?

[/quote]What kind of stock is that? [/quote]

Magpul UBR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But where do we find one of these lowers? </div></div>

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1942821#Post1942821

The main group by is over, but if you call Eric over at JD he might have a couple more. The number there and a link to their site is on there.

from what it sounds like a good number of the 308's took trips to see flounder at GAP. hopefully they start showing up for pics soon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">from what it sounds like a good number of the 308's took trips to see flounder at GAP. hopefully they start showing up for pics soon </div></div>

Mine is on a FedEx truck right now, scheduled to be delivered today.
Hopefully have pics up tonight!

Got it! I'm not a photographer, sorry for the poor quality.

GA Precision Built .308
JD Machine Stripped Upper/Lower "Sniper's Hide"
20" Bartlein stainless 5R barrel fluted
Daniel Defense 7.62 12" Lite Rail
Magpul PRS Stock
Magpul MIAD Grip
Larue BRM-S Bipod/Mount Combo
Titan Muzzle Break
Geissele SSA-E Trigger

Iphone01022011013.jpg

Iphone01022011011.jpg

Still need to figure out what Iron sights I want, probably Troy Flip-ups.
Waiting on the tax return for my US Optics order...

very very nice, looks alot like mine but fluted. well done sir

I ordered a complete DD upper from Tommy at Smartgunner. It showed up yesterday. I slapped all my accessories on a snapped a pic. Need to shoot still. Headspace check passed!
grin.gif

DSC_0002-1.jpg

I should have my .260 finished when I get back from Phoenix and the 6.5 grendel about 2 weeks after that. I don't know how to post pic's so I may have to seek help.

Mick

IMG_1350.jpg

Noveske N4 16" Recon 5.56mm Rifle 11" split rail w/Switchblock
SOPMOD Buttstock
GAS BUSTER PRI Charging handle
Ambi Selector
MIAD Pistol Grip
Troy/Noveske BUIS
magpul ladder rails
Tango down rail covers
Shmitt&Bender short dot LE 1.1-4
American Defense mount/recon
Geissle SSA trigger
SUREFIRE 556K MB
Black Hawk Sling
Young Manufactoring NM Chrome Light bolt
Tango Down Stubby QD Vertical Grip
MGI AR-15/M16/M-4RATE REDUCING BUFFER
MGI D-Ring
Tubb's AR-15 Flat Wire Buffer Spring
ARREDONDO AR-15 MAG WELL
MAGPUL B.A.D. Lever
Magul P-MAG

Anybody with the BIGJOE Group buy not use their stripped upper?

I'd be interested in it if you used a complete upper from elsewhere to finish your build.
AR-15 upper.

I thought someone used a POF upper on the SH lower. I think he posted it on the Group Buy in the "Sell section"

Thanks seta, I troll the sell section fairly regular. Possible I missed it.
I'll look again, I figured I'd post here before the WTB\WTT section. For the folks just keeping the upper in the possibly use later box.

Don't know about other but mine shoots "LIGHTS OUT" Thanks again Joe for putting this together.

no problem at all, i'm glad everyone was happy with what they got. stand by for more stuff once i get home and have a chance to start playing on the machines,
laugh.gif

Love my Mk12 Mod 0 556 rifle, so decided to build the 762 as a clone to it.

This has a Krieger M110 barrel cut back to 18".

JDM308-1.jpg

Are we still able to be put on a waiting list for 7.62 sets?
Could someone link the original thread for this? I can't find it in the group buy section.

DAMN the pic threads they always cost me money. Now I have to have a set. R there any 10 frames left?

OK all snipershide set buyers i need to find serial number SH-0041. if you own it please message me, there will be a prize for ya.

good looking rifle. very nice job

On a fixed income so mine is still awaiting some pts. Ordered a Rock match barrel last week and have pts for lower and upper already. johngfoster that is the style i am going for also.MM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK all snipershide set buyers i need to find serial number SH-0041. if you own it please message me, there will be a prize for ya. </div></div>

Thanks for the prize Joe! It was unexpected, many thanks to you and Jodi.

Here is what I did with the upper/lower.
M16A4 clone for NRA Highpower, Krieger 1x7, Hollinger float tube with Knight M5 rails, Hollinger pinned carrying handle, RRA trigger 4.5 lbs. Nightforce 2.5-10x24, Larue mnt.

Sorry for the crappy pics.

MVC-025F-2-1.jpg

MVC-030F-3.jpg

MVC-027F-2.jpg

MVC-026F-1.jpg

MVC-031F-1.jpg

MVC-032F-1.jpg

This thread has me drooling!

Trying this out again. My pics ended up all piled up on each other last time.

I think I may be creating a monster with this build..
I threw in a pic of it next to my MAK-90 for a frame of reference.

DPMS lower
DPMS A3 Upper
24" Stainless Barrel
Free floated, fluted and threaded with a Smith Vortex FH
No fancy grip or stock yet.
1-1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

this thread is for JD machine snipershide sets not standard DPMS. I know there are more we sold enough sets, lets see em guys

Dude, I'm still gathering the rest of my parts and need to get the barrels ordered. An upcoming move is getting in the way right now though. Two large frames coming soon to a range near you....

Krebaum, what kind of scope mount is that on your rifle? I like how it sets the scope forward more than normal mounts, just what I've been looking for.

*Forgive me. I think I just caught it on your post. I read it once and didn't pick up on it until I reread it! Sorry!!

Here's mine. It's a .22 built with a Lothar Walther barrel and Spike's kit.
2011-08-20_22-42-13_49.jpg

So how much do you guys have into your builds? I've got a couple of things going on right now, but the price for the AR15 upper and lowers seems too good to pass up. The sky seems to be the limit, but building my own rifle is appealing. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: djp0623</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So how much do you guys have into your builds? I've got a couple of things going on right now, but the price for the AR15 upper and lowers seems too good to pass up. The sky seems to be the limit, but building my own rifle is appealing. Thanks </div></div>

My rifle:
dsc1086.jpg

My build spec sheet:
mk12mod0screenshot.png

This was an expensive build though.

ETA: The Ops Inc brake and collar actually came with the can, but I put the shipping cost under the brake and collar. Total cost for can/break/collar was $820