• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Snowy mountain rifle!!

I've used them for a couple builds and random gunsmithing -- great guys to work with and a quality product.

Reviving an old thread.... I was in Snowy Mountain Rifles shop this morning. Looking for some feed back.

Thanks,

Hobo

Attachments

• IMG_9059.JPG
    IMG_9059.JPG
    557.6 KB · Views: 158
They used to be all over Long Range Hunting I haven’t been on that site in awhile but you can check there also

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Iv had a couple excellent builds done by them. Check their facebook page they post build pictures and info regularly.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Reviving an old thread.... I was in Snowy Mountain Rifles shop this morning. Looking for some feed back.

Thanks,

Hobo
14 months has past since I asked for feedback....

I live 1 block from their shop.... To date, everything has been slow as molasses. Had FFL related paper work sitting around until I went over and asked about it... Same with some other items. Have a weapon there now for some simple work.... Stopped in to ask about it and was told "Did we call you?".... No, since I have never received any calls over the past 14 months.. Changes in personnel, etc. The entire crew, from the owner down to the apprentice gunsmith are young... The reason I went with them was to "Support Local Businesses"... I would certainly like to give them a positive review on my weapon.... But, that's hard to do without a weapon.

I agree that there have been many delays "Due to the Virus"... However, at 70 years old, I'd like to get to do some shooting before I die of old age.

Hobo

I live 1 block from their shop.... To date, everything has been slow as molasses. Had FFL related paper work sitting around until I went over and asked about it... Same with some other items. Have a weapon there now for some simple work.... Stopped in to ask about it and was told "Did we call you?".... No, since I have never received any calls over the past 14 months.. Changes in personnel, etc. The entire crew, from the owner down to the apprentice gunsmith are young... The reason I went with them was to "Support Local Businesses"... I would certainly like to give them a positive review on my weapon.... But, that's hard to do without a weapon.

I agree that there have been many delays "Due to the Virus"... However, at 70 years old, I'd like to get to do some shooting before I die of old age.

Hobo
Wait, are you saying that you've been waiting on gun from them for 14 months?

Hobo
They've always been nothing but good and fast for me. Minor work in and out in a day or two. But I am a really nice guy, so maybe that helps. :).

Hobo

That's when you ask for it back, finished or not.

After it's safely in your possession let them know they won't be getting anything but "holy fuck, I thought I'd die before they finished" reviews.

Visited Snowy Mountain rifles on Monday morning. Explained that I had a trip planned to shoot this weekend and would be picking up my items Thursday afternoon. Spoke to both the owner and apprentice at that time. Was assured everything would be ready to go. I was at their shop at 4 pm Thursday. Only person there was the apprentice. He told me the gunsmith had not been at work all week and he would put my rifle back together and gather up my stuff and he would have it ready at 5pm. The work had not been done. I went back at 5 pm and my items were on the counter. He asked for my DL so he could check out everything in the log book. While he was attempting to find the log book, I looked around. There are some very nice looking display rifles on the walls. After thinking for a moment, those are the same one's that were there last year. It appears that if someone wants to spend that much money they would prefer to have a rifle built to their spec and not buy one off the rack. The apprentice was cordial and the display area was neat and orderly.

The one word that describes my experience with Snowy Mountain rifles is disappointed.

Hobo

Reactions: Gar.
Damn. Sorry you had a bad experience Hobo. I want to thank you for posting it here for the benefit of others.

Seems like a lot of people want to ask questions about crappy rifle work and what course of action to take next here on the hide but refuse to post WHO messed their shit up.

I don't believe in throwing a smith or their business under the bus without trying first to let them make it right but comes a point when truth is truth and people should be for warned.

Thanks for your post.

Reactions: RFutch