• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So…Are the Hospitals really full or are they at max capacity

srtsam

Paul
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Mar 1, 2008
    West TN
    Interesting take, the media keeps pushing the hospitals are full and are at max capacity. But are they at max capacity because of all the layoffs of the drs and personal that refuse to get the shot? and not because there is a wave of COVID patients coming through the door?

My Wife had a flair up with Diverticulitis and was taken to the hospital by ambulance. They checked her over in the emergency room about 8:00 PM and she got a room about 2:00 AM. So I would say close to maxed out. The Nurses are slow so obviously they are overworked.

You will never know. MSM keeps showing previous film from back in Apr./May(around here anyways), so, you won't know. I have had clinical appt's. a few times and they are connected to hospitals, and I don't see Ambulances screaming into the E.R's, I don't see masked, shielded, respirator equipped, staff running around, and I don't see waiting rooms filled with family, phones ringing off the hooks. So, maybe, maybe not. IF they were maxed-out, I would think it would be much more "hectic" then what it is. When I have walked in, all seems normal, for a medical building, anyways. Mac🤷‍♂️

I am sure with them letting over a million sick undocumented people over the last few weeks there are some that are quite filled and they are letting more in each hour , week month and shipping them all over the place sick with god knows what polio is not out of the question either nor is small pox delta would be in there as well .

Okay...do you understand math?? It's all about manipulating the # of "beds" ( ICU or otherwise ) and then throwing in the # of patients that require "hospitalizations" due to COVID or Delta variant.

We all know it's not hard to turn a "standard" hospital bed/room into another type. Just move equipment and people. So reasonably speaking with the correct amount of equipment and personnel I'd argue that ALL hospital beds/rooms could be ICU beds.

The inverse applies as well. Remove equipment from an ICU ward it could be made into a maternity ward.

Increase the patients that require the services in ( insert special hospital ward) and your "services" are maxed out.

Not to mention try to find the no BS numbers for each hospital in your local area. It's HARD.

My hospital jobbie emails me and EVERYONE that matters a bed list. All beds. All wards. Everything.

we aim to be at 95% full…….BECAUSE THATS HOW WE PAY THE BILLS!

the power of stupid people in large numbers is always shocking to me despite knowing it.

hospitals are a BUSINESS and they pay Me and Everyone else that works there. I’m not working for free. You wouldn’t either.

Hospitals are full. As stated above, they’re supposed to be in order to do well financially. They’re not full due to lack of staff, the number of available beds hasn’t been changing per hospital. Everyone is working overtime and burnout is slowly but increasingly contributing to more shortages.

Hospitals have become increasingly less desirable places to work over the last few years. There was a national nursing shortage well before covid was in the picture and now it’s really hit the fan. We’re about to see it hit a new level of ugliness as healthcare professionals get fired for not being vaccinated.

In my own hospital we’re going to be losing amazing nurses with 15 years of experience earning $50 an hour and replacing them with temp workers earning $225 an hour. Amazing times we’re seeing. No plan to fill open positions as we haven’t been able to fill them over the last 18 months anyway, only difference is now there will be more positions to fill. Morale is low, people are bitter. Anyone want to join up? 😂

They're always this way. But never before has this kind of minute by minute attention been given to hospital 'status'. It's a morbid interest and waste of resources by news outlets if you ask me!

My friend works in one of the local hospitals as a nurse...

She said the "covid floor" is "full or 95%"... because they only have 10 beds... on a floor capable of holding 40 beds(10 rooms per wing in an H format). I think thats what she said numbers wise, but it was like 25% of the floor was occupied and the whole floor was sealed off. So if anybody asks "the hospital cant take anymore Covid patients because its full"... So you look at any other floor of the hospital and it has 40 rooms so the assumption is made that the covid floor ALSO has 40 patients...

She said they are limiting their floor due to not wanting to have a ton of personal exposed to covid patients, so they simply wont accept many. I dont blame them for this honestly.

Smoke and mirrors though...smoke and mirrors...

Okay...do you understand math?? It's all about manipulating the # of "beds" ( ICU or otherwise ) and then throwing in the # of patients that require "hospitalizations" due to COVID or Delta variant.

We all know it's not hard to turn a "standard" hospital bed/room into another type. Just move equipment and people. So reasonably speaking with the correct amount of equipment and personnel I'd argue that ALL hospital beds/rooms could be ICU beds.

The inverse applies as well. Remove equipment from an ICU ward it could be made into a maternity ward.

Increase the patients that require the services in ( insert special hospital ward) and your "services" are maxed out.

Not to mention try to find the no BS numbers for each hospital in your local area. It's HARD.
    I worked in a hospital for 10 years and I can tell you that it is not easy to turn a regular hospital bed in to an ICU bed, partly due to finite hardware resources. But more importantly nursing staffing numbers and resources are typically the limiting factors. A hospital may have several empty ICU beds that are empty, but if you don't have a qualified nurse to care for the patient the hospital will say that their ICU is at capacity.

My next door neighbor runs a unit at the local hospital that is a step below ICU and a step above regular acute-care beds. She's not exactly a pearl-clutchy, sky-is-falling type.

Told us last night the hospital-wide COVID census isn't as high as it was in January, but its getting close and their ICU is almost exclusively unvaccinated COVID patients right now. Compared to then, hospitalized COVID patients are trending younger and sicker and they've done ECMO to COVID patients as young as mid-30s recently.

A single datapoint from a single midwestern hospital.

I only know 4 healthcare professionals.
    3 of them quit or got fired because they refused to take an experimental vaccine.
    The 4th person I know is my sister - who is basically going to bail the very day they call her into the office to try and force her to be vaccinated. If that’s what’s going on everywhere - yeah, there’s going to be a shortage.

Hospitals in the Seattle (king county area) are not full. They are understaffed. So when a hospital states that they have no bed and or boarding patients in the ED. What they are really saying is we have no staff and the ones who are here are at their max patient load. Let’s say a hospital has 175 beds, but due to a shortage of staff (can’t hire/quit/retire/call outs), the hospital now can only fill 90 beds.

I worked in a hospital for 10 years and I can tell you that it is not easy to turn a regular hospital bed in to an ICU bed, partly due to finite hardware resources. But more importantly nursing staffing numbers and resources are typically the limiting factors. A hospital may have several empty ICU beds that are empty, but if you don't have a qualified nurse to care for the patient the hospital will say that their ICU is at capacity.
    Don’t bring facts into the discussion. The medical experts have spoken. Just convert the whole hospital to ICU…by days end.
    🤣

My Wife had a flair up with Diverticulitis and was taken to the hospital by ambulance. They checked her over in the emergency room about 8:00 PM and she got a room about 2:00 AM. So I would say close to maxed out. The Nurses are slow so obviously they are overworked.

I remember going to the emergency room like 20 years ago and it took forever back then too. Hospitals in America have been understaffed for quite awhile now.

Reactions: DIBBS
    Wife's hospital is pretty full, they had a "code purple" a month or so ago even.

However, it's not from COVID-19. I think they have less then ~10 positives in the hospital. It's from the decline of health due to people putting life on hold for the past ~1.5+ years.

It's bad. Our policies toward COVID-19 caused way more damage then COVID-19 ever could have.

My hospital jobbie emails me and EVERYONE that matters a bed list. All beds. All wards. Everything.

we aim to be at 95% full…….BECAUSE THATS HOW WE PAY THE BILLS!

the power of stupid people in large numbers is always shocking to me despite knowing it.

hospitals are a BUSINESS and they pay Me and Everyone else that works there. I’m not working for free. You wouldn’t either.

How folks don’t get that a constant empty hospital is a not for long hospital 👎

I remember going to the emergency room like 20 years ago and it took forever back then too. Hospitals in America have been understaffed for quite awhile now.

Not only understaffed (and many are quitting due to mandatory vaccines), but from a business perspective it makes no sense to operate with a half empty hospital.

From a business perspective, it makes much more sense to operate close to capacity then it does to operate with limited capacity/customers.

You all have to realize that even large hospitals only have roughly 30 ICU beds, if that even. So if they are reporting that the ICU is full or overflowing, its not really that many patients...

Doc

partly due to finite hardware resources. But more importantly nursing staffing numbers and resources are typically the limiting factors.

So you agree with me. Awesome. Cause I did say:

So the painter where I work got CoVid and went in with double pneumonia. We call him everyday for an update. On Friday I asked how many people were in the CoVid ward. “Just me, man” Huh, the news says our hospitals are at capacity…

Reactions: HeavyAssault
    I read somewhere where Texas hospital ICUs were getting near capacity. They included a chart that showed at 85% (or thereabouts) of total capacity, that COVID patients were approx. 15% and the rest were non-COVID related. So that seems to pretty much go with the "normal" level of % of capacity that some have mentioned above. It's not like everyone in the ICUs are COVID patients. They're just using up the "excess" capacity.

The serious lack of knowledge of healthcare combined with stupidity in this thread is amazing.

20+ yrs in hospitals. So yeah, I have seen a thing or two

On a daily basis, we are full or darn near full and have been for months. Last check, 15 Rona pts, 5 on vents.
    we have a high number of adult ICU beds with 72.

If anyone of you bloviating pustules actually knew anything about healthcare other than what you see on TV or WebMD, you would realize how foolish you sound.

Reactions: OREGUN
    Yes(they are full)
    Due to Obamacare.
    They needed to change the narrative.
    "Covid! Go home! The hospital is closed except for emergency!"

At the height of Covid.
    I went in for a routine couple procedures. Outpatient.
    They told me they'd get me in in a couple months. The covids is bad.
    I said, you'll get me in now or never. I had top flight insurance, I told them I'd no longer have that super pass, after 7/31/20. "Oh my, looks like we have an opening for you next week!"
    That place was a fucking ghost town.

Its
    All
    A trick.
    Lie
    Magic show.
    Believe it.

Its the wilful destruction of Healthcare, not relegated by a government entity.

Wake
    The
    Fuck
    Up.

We werent doing joint replacements, but were nearly full during all of this, least here in Denver.
    and other hospitals that I dont work for too.

My wife is an RN in one of the biggest hospitals in South Jersey. There's currently 4 covid patients in her hospital. My coworkers wife works at another hospital in the same system and there's 1 at that hospital.

As for capacity, yeah, hospitals are always full. They were full before covid and will be full long after this scam is over.

My wife is an RN in one of the biggest hospitals in South Jersey. There's currently 4 covid patients in her hospital. My coworkers wife works at another hospital in the same system and there's 1 at that hospital.

As for capacity, yeah, hospitals are always full. They were full before covid and will be full long after this scam is over.
    Where in South Jersey if you don’t mind me asking. I used to live there.

doc

just my .02. i was an RN for 40yr about 25+ in crit care. ICUs were usually always full and getting a bed was always a tooth pull that often ended up being hospital political in nature. stepdown bed availability reasons,management of bed use,holding a less than icu candidate to move out quickly when a bed was needed,doctor power trips,all kinds of things went into the deal. and BTW never saw an icu admit declined because of "no nurse". management/admin would just try to force the nurses in place into taking a heavier assignment despite that being dangerous to patient and staff. PR is king with all hospital administrations,quality be damned.

• Sad
    Reactions: Hobo Hilton
    I'm avoiding hospitals but of those I have passed by.... None had a triage set up in the parking lot. I personally know a few people that came down with Covid over the past 10 days. They are all at their homes. Sorry I can't inject some drama.

Hospitals are full. As stated above, they’re supposed to be in order to do well financially. They’re not full due to lack of staff, the number of available beds hasn’t been changing per hospital. Everyone is working overtime and burnout is slowly but increasingly contributing to more shortages.

Hospitals have become increasingly less desirable places to work over the last few years. There was a national nursing shortage well before covid was in the picture and now it’s really hit the fan. We’re about to see it hit a new level of ugliness as healthcare professionals get fired for not being vaccinated.

In my own hospital we’re going to be losing amazing nurses with 15 years of experience earning $50 an hour and replacing them with temp workers earning $225 an hour. Amazing times we’re seeing. No plan to fill open positions as we haven’t been able to fill them over the last 18 months anyway, only difference is now there will be more positions to fill. Morale is low, people are bitter. Anyone want to join up? 😂
    I have a lady friend who stopped regular nursing after 11 years and swapped to travel nursing. She makes double for doing the same job at a hospital across town, lol.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
    My next door neighbor runs a unit at the local hospital that is a step below ICU and a step above regular acute-care beds. She's not exactly a pearl-clutchy, sky-is-falling type.

Told us last night the hospital-wide COVID census isn't as high as it was in January, but its getting close and their ICU is almost exclusively unvaccinated COVID patients right now. Compared to then, hospitalized COVID patients are trending younger and sicker and they've done ECMO to COVID patients as young as mid-30s recently.

A single datapoint from a single midwestern hospital.

Would be curious what the "state" of these younger folks needing serious interventions are. BMI >50, other conditions?

In past years when flu season hit and some people probably ended up in the ICU, did anyone give a fuck in the past if they had a flu shot or not (and then use this information to press for those who didn't get the shot to be denied participation in society)?

Yes the hospitals are full , and chicken 🐔 little says to put on your mask and go hide in your basement.
    Whoa is me, the sky is falling , I'm too scared to go outside !!
    The sooner you understand that you cannot escape death the sooner you can get on to living your life ! There is only one man who beat the grave , and when you get your stuff right with him then the grave won't matter !
    And here's a little hint . You can't get your stuff right with him hiding under your bed !

Before the China flu came along there were about 10 million other things in this world that can and will kill you . You gonna hide from them too ?

Interesting take, the media keeps pushing the hospitals are full and are at max capacity. But are they at max capacity because of all the layoffs of the drs and personal that refuse to get the shot? and not because there is a wave of COVID patients coming through the door?
    Sort of. The reason the ICUs are or appear full isn’t because of Covid patients as much as it is about low staff. The hospitals are so short staffed that they are basically putting all their resources on one floor and in this case happens to be in the ICU. It’s the only way they can even remotely provide coverage. Most people there don’t belong there but they have no other choice with the staff they have. Of course, they ain’t telling you that on the news. And most ICUs only have like 12 beds. So it doesn’t take much to max their capacity.

My hospital is I think a level 4 technically speaking, but we're an advanced MASH unit. They have eliminated 1 or 2 more is more rooms which are two beds to each for more administration staff since we got taken over by one of the states larger hospital networks. So they've already cut our capacity in that fashion, staff is going to be canned November 1st because those who do not get the poke are going to be fired. If there was really a pandemic they wouldn't be throwing people out on their ass that are trained or specialized in dealing with this kind of thing.

Is the next nearest hospital that is larger, and was also taken over by this same network has not been operating at any more than normal capacity from what I'm told by those working the emergency or nursing department.

I have also had 0 calls of all The times that I've been listening in with my pager or on duty for anything that is possible covid related, everyone of the calls I have heard are covid negative or symptom negative, but they say our county numbers are up again. Up from what is anyone's guess.

Wife has worked at two hospitals in our area of SC for 9 years.....through out this entire thing they have all been near capacity.....literally no different than the previous 7+ years she has been here.

They still have yet to get to the point where they set up tents and move beds into offices for all the sick patients like they did 3 years back during the flu season.

Showed up at the ER at 6 this Sunday morning. Had a doc once tell me it’s the best time because by then they’ve cleared out most of the party people but the new day problems are sleeping in. Got seen right away and into an ER room by 7. Nurses in the ER were great but I heard them complaining that they’ve been pulling double shifts and covering 4 patients each instead of their usual 3. Worked through all the scans and tests and by 1 they confirmed I’ve got clots in both lungs. Then waited 3 hours before they could move me to a regular room. Near as I can tell just one out of 12 patients in the area I was in had Covid. Passing by the ER waiting room it was jammed!