• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

So Far, Only This:

Sean the Nailer

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 20, 2006
    Winnipeg, Mb.
    "More than 100 rifles have been stolen from a train car in Atlanta"

Here's the article,

They don't go into further details as to "what" the rifles were, though I will add that "who would use a train car to transport firearms"? One doesn't have to go very far in their thinking, to then also figure out WHAT TYPE of rifles these are. Correct?

Anyone have anything to add?

More details?

Re: So Far, Only This:

( 1st instinct ) Got to be some inside information to aid in the firearms theft .

( Not a RR employee ) . me hanging near a big RR terminal over here in Portland . You would think that there would be good security @ the larger RR yards but from what I see, they run pretty light on the manpower around them . I don't see much for walking Patrol or much for camera . Pretty sparse with eyes on the ground to see or watch anything especially @ night .
    Plus, In the larger terminals engines & cars can sit long time with out moving & a lot of the time in the yards when they are moving . They all move & run & controlled-move automated/remote with no Engineer till time comes to go x-country for deliveries & pick-ups .

Ive worked with the railroads. They have alot better security than you would think. They are picky about what they involve themselves with. I hear them on the radio all the time talking about stuff that they decide not to do anything about, but they are monitoring it.

Back, back, way way way back I knew this guy who lived near some rr tracks. Way later on I found out this was a place where the trains had to stop once the engineer ran out of time and had to stop the train for rest and sleep. When they stopped at that spot these people who lived there would drive their truck out to the train, break the lock on a car and take what they wanted. It was just outside of a small town and the freight trains were always very long. I don't know how many times they did that but I bet it was every time a train stopped there. The old man is probably dead now and the kid is doing LIFE with no chance for parole(you shouldn't go to court and act like a butthole)for his part in a drug ring. All his partners were smart enough to get a haircut and wear a suit to court, they only got 25 years in prison.

the rifles were stolen out of Tilford yard in NW ATL. still a slew of police there when i passed by today. not very hard to 'sneak' into the rail yard at all. in fact, wear a DOT yellow vest and most folks wont even notice you cherry picking railcars to bust open. do it with a white hard hat and they wont question you breaking in.

these guys either got lucky and chose a winning car OR someone slipped them info. im betting on the latter as the shipper can be seen by just about any CSX employee. clorox and tide are other favorites to target.

CSX got hit with a double whammy today. they also had a bridge collapse and dump haz-mat into a stream in NJ.

they never did say (at least I didn't see it) what type of guns were stolen.
    I agree, someone on the inside had to slip out some information for the individual car to be targeted like that.

My question is who would have known they were on the train? Also in this modern age who transports by train anymore ? i say it was a inside job and they (the rifles ) will be in the local pawn shop or the one the next town over..

JCM, no offense to you, but:

Considering your 'source' and their lack of credibility, I'll wait until this is confirmed by 2 or more OTHER sources, before I start believing "them".

And yes, that's gotta be a slap-in-the-face to them, considering the "source confirmation" is supposed to be some sort of mantra for them to begin with, isn't it?

No offense taken.

That article cites "Richard Coes, a spokesman for the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

The weapons include assault rifles that Coes described as "AK-style." He declined to discuss other aspects of the case."

I assumed (maybe falsely) that NBC can take a statement from the ATF and not interject some sensationalizing.

I really think 'None Of Us' need to worry ourselves thinking that the major news media would use any over exaggerated sensationalism . In place reporting of fact, backed by solid fact checking of sources .
    --> this said as 'sarcasm' .