• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes So I bought a “Just As Good”, Burris XTR3

I prefer a .2 mil reticle personally.

Though I will admit I have a lot of time on Horus reticles so it is second nature at this point.

Seems like some good deals:

Reactions: FuhQ and 346ci
Seems like some good deals:

The only thing that is in stock is the XTR II with the non-xmas tree reticles. I dont know if I trust placing a backorder for a XTR III or Pro.

I always find that amusing.......is it really a "closeout" when you're taking backorders for new stock to be filled at a later date? Semantics on some level sure, but word choice really does matter.

Reactions: Im2bent
The only thing that is in stock is the XTR II with the non-xmas tree reticles. I dont know if I trust placing a backorder for a XTR III or Pro.
Are you joking? Have you never heard of EuroOptic before? EuroOptic has been around for a VERY long time. They're an exceptional company. They just built a HUGE showroom in PA where they have pretty much one of everything they sell on display for you to get hands-on with. They're one of the most legit optics dealers you can buy from. They even have guys here on the forum that work for them like @Euro.Connor . They're not just some random jackleg selling shit out of his basement/garage like that Liberty Optics douchebag. They actually have a brick & mortar showroom floor.

I guess we get to see what the fuss is a about

@redneckbmxer24 we gotta test this. I have the USA 3-18 and my Steiner too

Attachments

• IMG_0206.jpeg
    IMG_0206.jpeg
    544.5 KB · Views: 43
I always find that amusing.......is it really a "closeout" when you're taking backorders for new stock to be filled at a later date? Semantics on some level sure, but word choice really does matter.
I suspect the closeout is when burris runs out of stock rather then the dealers

I grabbed one. The glass is very good, especially for the price. I’d say it is on par with the MK5 and MK6s, maybe slightly better in low light.

Mechanically turrets are very positive, better than my MK6 for sure. I don’t know why folks are crying about the texture on the turrets, maybe spend a day outside your cubicle or harden the fuck up, idk.

I’d say the reticle is optimal between 8-18x. Maybe I’m getting old, but I found the reticle most usable through those power ranges.

I’m pretty impressed by it at the sub $1000 price range. Might look at an XTR Pro for my next boltgun build.

I'd say the mark 5 is miles ahead of a mark 6 on glass quality. The xtr may be close to a 6, but it isn't nearly as good as a 5. I only have a few samples of 6's though.

Reactions: YotaEer
I’m sure this might have been mentioned somewhere in the last 4 pages of this thread, but do any of you know how a XTR III or Pro compares to a Cronus BTR? I have a Cronus BTR and I really like it and I’m looking for another scope for a 20” 308 build. A 3-18 would work great and I don’t really need the power of the Cronus, but the recent used prices on the Cronus plus the fact I already have one, could sway me unless these XTR III’s in the 3-18 are really that good. Also, if I remember correctly, the 3-18‘s made in the Philippines are better than the dandruff Dan USA made units?

I like my all of my Cronus scopes, I have three, but the Burris 3-18 is is really good too, especially at that price. I have the 3-18 with the SCR reticle and the 5.5-30 with the SCR2 reticle. I'd say the XTRIII vs the Cronus is close in glass, XTR has a wider view, reticle is good in both, I still like the Cronus reticle a little better but I've used it a lot more as well. Haven't looked through a pro model, though I'm tempted at the eurooptic price.

Reactions: KYAggie
I’m sure this might have been mentioned somewhere in the last 4 pages of this thread, but do any of you know how a XTR III or Pro compares to a Cronus BTR? I have a Cronus BTR and I really like it and I’m looking for another scope for a 20” 308 build. A 3-18 would work great and I don’t really need the power of the Cronus, but the recent used prices on the Cronus plus the fact I already have one, could sway me unless these XTR III’s in the 3-18 are really that good. Also, if I remember correctly, the 3-18‘s made in the Philippines are better than the dandruff Dan USA made units?

The XTR's have better FOV and eye box, but the Cronus has better resolution than the Xtr3 and slightly better resolution than the Pro. Cronus controls CA much better than either XTR

I think all the pros and cons of the XTR3i have been touched on ITT. They are solid scopes and IMO they’ve been the best “value” optic around $1000 for the past couple years. Previously that was the Cronus. I suspect the new Leupold mk4 will take that spot. Glass, controls and weight will all be superior to the XTR series. Tradeoff will be FOV. Reticles are in the eye of the beholder.

Since we’re hating on Burris, I’ll say I tried 3 separate XTR pros and was unimpressed with all of them. Marginally better than the XTR3i but not worth the uncharge. Also not a peer to razors, mk5 or nx8/ATACR.
I had a 3.3-18 XTR3i for a short time. Sent it to Burris as it was horrible in low light at or above 15x. They sent it back saying it was withing spec. I sold it right after.