• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns So I Bought an XD

SporterII

Minuteman
Nov 23, 2006
Central Fl. USA
An XDS, in 9mm. like it better than my 48. Shoot it better than my 48.
So I bought another, a 4.5"10mm. Always wanted a 10. This one my hand fits without pain and I can dig it.
I had to have a side match/range gun so bought a 4.5' 9mm Elite.
Now I have three different triggers, three different mags. No more 1911.
I have to train up now with the full size 9.

I have a few xd’s, love em! Most all my buddy’s shoot glocks but they won’t run me for pink slips I bet ya 😜. I have a few glocks as well but they just don’t fit me as well as my xd’s. Too each his own

• Love
Reactions: Alphatreedog
My first gun was an XDm in .40 s&w. I agree on the ergonomics vs the glock. My glock 19 didn’t fit my hand as well as the xd either.
Congrats on the new tool. I’ve also been eyeing the elite.

My wife bought an XDs 9 and loves it, I carry anXDs45. Both are great shooting guns, it was a toss up between the XDs9 and a G26, I'm glad she picked the SA. I just stayed back and let her decide....didn't bother me one bit that she picked SA.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
I have been rocking a xds 3.3” 9mm as my CC gun for about 6-7 years and never had an issue. I shoot SA’s and glocks and have grown accustomed to both so neither feel out of place when shooting/training. I also have an xdm 40 s&w that was my first pistol I bought.

I bought an XDm 5.25 competition in 9mm about 6-7 years ago and its been one of my favorite pistols since then. I know they get trashed alot and I don't doubt they've had a harder time with QC than the Glocks and M&P's but mine is a solid shooter.

I almost got rid of it, but the wife talked me out of it. She likes the 24rd extended mag I have for it (its my HD pistol). I also have a ton of mags for it and various other stuff so it'll prolly stick around forever. After 5k+ round the rear sight did get a little crack in it, but still works fine.

I have the XDm 4.5 OSP version in 10mm and love it. Take a look at Powder River Precision for triggers and such. I have their "extreme" trigger in mine and love it.
20200629_082455.jpg

XDS is solid. Glad you like it better than your 48 and even more glad that you emphasize that YOU PERSONALLY shoot it better. I can't stand people who bash a gun because they suck with it. Congrats on the purchase!

I carry an XD 45 and run an XDM 5.25 Competition with a Powder Rver Precision trigger for Steel Challenge . I love them both . Funny I shot a buddies CZ 75 Omega and aside from some slight trigger tweakage it's on . Yet every time I see an XD or variant I drool . Alot of buddies shoot my XDM 5.25 and say it's the best pistol they've ever felt , buy a Glock or VP 9 or CZ and they don't shoot is as well as the XDM . I never understand that . Must be a subjective beauty in the eye of the beholder thing .

My XDM 5.25 Match with PRP trigger was my favorite for a long time.
I shoot it well.

Now somehow I got hooked on CZs and the XDM sits at home in the safe with a sad face while the other guys get to go out and play.

Reactions: Alabusa
I like my XD .45. I picked it up from a guy who needed diaper money at a great price. The trigger is decent for a polymer pistol, the mag capacity is there and it shoots very accurately IMO. I really want to 460 Rowland it but too many gun projects not enough gun money or gun time for that matter.

We have at least one xd, xdm, or xds in 4 of the 6 rooms in the house.

Nothing against other brands really just fit and shoot well.

Fellow hide XD owners,

I love my XD’s but sold my original 40cal and the buyer did not want the 2 threaded barrels I have so if any of you are interested they posted in the PX.

My first gun was an XDm in .40 s&w. I agree on the ergonomics vs the glock. My glock 19 didn’t fit my hand as well as the xd either.
Congrats on the new tool. I’ve also been eyeing the elite.
Have they improved with time? The original XD .40 I shot was horrible for me. Actually turned me off of 40 cal and into the 9mm realm.

Have they improved with time? The original XD .40 I shot was horrible for me. Actually turned me off of 40 cal and into the 9mm realm.

I’ve never shot an XD, just the xdm. The .40 recoil pulse is different than 9mm so you might throw shots if you weren’t used to it. That’s what I started with though so for me it was opposite. When I went to 9mm it was an adjustment.

The one thing I will say about the XD .45 I did not mention is they have a tight throat from experience reloading and asking about it on the cast boolits forum. This makes them coal sensitive somewhat. supposedly the "M" variants do not have this issue.

I’ve never shot an XD, just the xdm. The .40 recoil pulse is different than 9mm so you might throw shots if you weren’t used to it. That’s what I started with though so for me it was opposite. When I went to 9mm it was an adjustment.
It was the first handgun I ever shot along with a snub nose revolver (couldn't hit a damn thing). I may rent one at the range and see how I like them as other people seem to rave about them.

The wife loves her XD9 and honestly it shoots really well. I enjoy shooting it that is if she lets me borrow it.

I am sure its been said a million times, but to each their own especially when it comes to handguns.

I've carried an officer size 1911 for many years and it's still my primary edc. I drive truck for a living and wanted more capacity for my truck gun, I had bought my wife a xds 9mm a couple years ago and kind of liked it. The XDM Elite 5.25 with 22 round mags fit the bill and it has turned out to be very accurate with a surprisingly good trigger. I'm very happy with my choice. I still am a .45 fan but sure like the higher mag capacity, especially with 5 extra loaded mags handy.

Reactions: black5.3