• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

so i bought the .50...

nitrousneil

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2010
michigan city, in
well i ended up going back to the gun show and bought the state arms .50 bmg, its a older build, serial number 138, can anybody fill me in on anything i need to know about the rifle?

50bmg1jpg.jpg

50bmg2jpg.jpg

Re: so i bought the .50...

It seems to have a vertical orientation. Lemme grab my magnifying glass and spin my monitor onto its side to get a better look at it.

Looks like the bipod is connected to the trigger guard via curtain rod? The brake looks like a pipe connection and it is black

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the bipod is connected to the trigger guard via curtain rod? The brake looks like a pipe connection and it is black </div></div>

Vaseline? The Mayor likes it rough!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xCV7POVsCeM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xCV7POVsCeM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
dsc00045t.jpg
</div></div>

Based on the late Klaus Horstkamp design if I'm correct, I remember his older wood stock designs. I am not sure if East Ridge changed the build design or any specifics but if they didn't then it is a solid built firearm!!!!

Klaus was always known for slightly over building his rifles aka making them tough as s#1T!!

I knew a few guys that owned one of his rifles and they always loved them.

Enjoy shooting it!!

BTW, Klaus didn't like people messing with his triggers! I suggest that you don't mess with it or let any clowns mess with it!!!!!!

I owned one of State Arms original wood stock .50s. It was very rudimentary and was a single shot rifle that you took the bolt out to slide a .50 cal shell into. It weighed like 30 lbs. I never felt comfortable with the rifle.

I still have the VHS promotional video somewhere from State Arms featuring Klaus. In the video he shoots a deer with the .50 at like a 100 yards with no back stop but trees and later in the video he has a failure to discharge and shows you how to wait and then remove the bolt.

You could tell when you talked to him he was very intelligent and knowledgeable. If anyone wants the video I will try to find it.

I used to talk to Klaus at every Knob Creek shoot he was a very cool guy. He told me about making a 1 onch square cube to pass a gunsmithing school. you had to do it with only a file...I said that sounded easy he laughed and said it had to be 0.0005 pefect on all 6 sides. I was very sorry to hear he passed away afew years ago

Losing him was a great lose to the .50 community as was the loss of George.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Losing him was a great loss to the .50 community as was the loss of George.

</div></div>
Fixed. Sorry, I couldn't help it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alongshot50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used to talk to Klaus at every Knob Creek shoot he was a very cool guy. He told me about making a 1 onch square cube to pass a gunsmithing school. you had to do it with only a file...I said that sounded easy he laughed and said it had to be 0.0005 pefect on all 6 sides. I was very sorry to hear he passed away afew years ago</div></div>

shocked.gif