• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So I go buy some Krylon........

libertyman777

Are you gonna eat that....
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2007
Heflin, Alabama
.....to paint my stock in some cool GAP pattern. But the green doesn't look right. Have they changed the colors? The khaki and sand look okay. There is a can marked "Olive" but it's really dark. Then there is one marked light green but it's really bright. Has anyone used any of these recently?

Re: So I go buy some Krylon........

Nope. I am going to paint a few rifles in the next few days though, so I'll let you know how it goes...

The cap on the Olive is darker than it really appears.

The light green is about the same color of the cap, and it blends well with the woods when mixed with other colors. It's a dead ringer for the light green leaves.

I did one in May when I was home on leave and it turned out fine. just run with it.

22stock3.jpg

Used with krylon khaki olive and black

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jthoss0837</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
22stock3.jpg

Used with krylon khaki olive and black </div></div>
Very sharp! Did you shoot it with black first? How did you mask it off with that kind of random pattern?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jthoss0837</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
22stock3.jpg

Used with krylon khaki olive and black </div></div>
Very sharp! Did you shoot it with black first? How did you mask it off with that kind of random pattern? </div></div>

Tan basecoat. dry
I just ripped masking tape randomly and stuck it on there, using only 5-10 strips so the tan doesnt overpower.
OD. Dry
Then alot more masking tape while leaving the older masking tape on.
Shot it with black, removed all tape after drying, then with a clear coat later on(not pictured)

If I could spray paint that well I'd try some of mine, but I'm not that brave. Good job

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spelunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I could spray paint that well I'd try some of mine, but I'm not that brave. Good job </div></div>

It is all good... it's just paint. Give it a shot, and if you don't like it... paint it again. It's just paint.

DK

I just recently painted my Manners MCS-T. I used the Krylon System, and all the colors are good to go!!

DK

IMAG0135.jpg

rustoleums OD looks better than the Krylon light and regulard OD in my opinion, and holds up just as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spelunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like it </div></div>

Thank you much!!

DK

I just tried it out on a .22 rifle to practice and the lighter green is good to go.

Now does anyone know what I can do for a big thumb print that I've got stuck on the side of the stock in green paint?

I'd probably hit it with some fine grit sandpaper then lightly touch it back up. I'd call 400-600 grit fairly light, even lighter would work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: libertyman777</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just tried it out on a .22 rifle to practice and the lighter green is good to go.

Now does anyone know what I can do for a big thumb print that I've got stuck on the side of the stock in green paint?

</div></div>

Pretend it's not there....Seriously though, a rattle can paint job isn't going to last forever and its a rifle thats going to get some scraps and scratches anyway. Next time you touch up the krylon you'll know to wait longer before touching it. Post some pics please

Yep, if you f*** it up just call it character and run it til stuff chips. I actually just finished my little .22 that I was thinking about selling, but just couldn't. It's my squirrel-killin, paper-punchin, chuck-crushin work horse, and just needed a facelift. I use Rust-Oleum Specialty Camouflage, and Krylon satin clear. This is my third gun. Recently did a guitar in the same paint scheme as the .22, but the guitar stayed flat. I SOMEHOW put a big-ol smudge on the hand guard, but it's gonna be covered up with my hand so the squirrels won't see it
wink.gif

Will post some pictures if anyone wants to see.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Travis Mihm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, if you f*** it up just call it character and run it til stuff chips. I actually just finished my little .22 that I was thinking about selling, but just couldn't. It's my squirrel-killin, paper-punchin, chuck-crushin work horse, and just needed a facelift. I use Rust-Oleum Specialty Camouflage, and Krylon satin clear. This is my third gun. Recently did a guitar in the same paint scheme as the .22, but the guitar stayed flat. I SOMEHOW put a big-ol smudge on the hand guard, but it's gonna be covered up with my hand so the squirrels won't see it
wink.gif

Will post some pictures if anyone wants to see. </div></div>

Sure. Post'em.