• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So I just bought a Tikka T3X Tac A1, mistake?

I purchased this Tikka T3X Tac A1 in .260 Remington from Hide member Barry Thomas a couple of weeks ago. First let me say that he was a pleasure to deal with and the transaction could not have been easier.
I have been able to build out the rifle using parts from several guys here on The Hide and it has been fantastic. It now sits with an ARC M10 QD-L mount (from wilsoN_) and Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 EBR-7C MRAD glass. I also installed the Apollo Max break that was included with the rifle. I also just ordered a MPA vertical grip and and Atlas CAL bipod from our friends at EuroOptic.com.
I have put 30 rounds of factory Hornady 130gr ELD Match ammo through it and it is already shooting lights out. I have not bothered to measure any groups yet but I am positive this will be a .75moa or better gun with factory ammo. I have easily hit 10" steel at 800yards even with a 12-15 mph 90deg wind.
I have ordered some Berger Match Target 136gr Scenar-L ammo to try out and see which one it likes better. Unfortunately I am not in a place that I can reload at the moment but hopefully I can get to that sooner than later.
I was torn between the RPR and the Tikka Tac and am thankful that I went with the Tikka. Comparing and shooting it side-by-side with my uncle's RPR is like night and day.

Thanks again wilsoN_

Attachments

• 20201029_190814.jpg
    20201029_190814.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 20201029_190842.jpg
    20201029_190842.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 517
Reactions: wilsoN_
I couldn't be happier so far. Going back out tomorrow and will shoot some groups to see how it doing so far. Although, the weather here is calling for lots of wind. 10-15mph in the early morning increasing to 20-30 with gusts to 40mph in the afternoon. I suppose I can get some high-wind dope for the Hornady ammo.

not to be THAT guy but saw one recently, reviews are stellar, thinking of getting one to play with. does look interesting and the prices are pretty agreeable

not to be THAT guy but saw one recently, reviews are stellar, thinking of getting one to play with. does look interesting and the prices are pretty agreeable
It's one of my least expensive, and most accurate rifles. It's a high quality precision rifle at a price that can't be beat. Just buy one ... you can't have mine. BTW ... THIS is an awesome accessory for it.

Is that just a piece of drilled and bent conduit?
It’s solid stainless we had laying around at work. Polished it in the lathe and drilled the holes. It was straight but I wanted an angle to be less interfering so bent it in our press.

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
I was unaware of the cat problem in Australia. Was there no native predators prior to the introduction of "house" cats?

Never a mistake buying one, always a mistake selling one

For those that recently purchased their Tact A1 online and receiving it thinking it came with the two staged trigger as ordered, did anyone find out that it only had the single stage trigger? Mine did and I've sent it in to have it checked out. Just wondering if this is a common occurrence. According to the Tikka website for the Tact A1 all 6.5cm come with a two-staged trigger.

1st I've heard of this. Mine came with a really nice, adjustable, two stage trigger. A Mountain Tactical spring replacement made it close to perfect!

Reactions: TRH1962
1st I've heard of this. Mine came with a really nice, adjustable, two stage trigger. A Mountain Tactical spring replacement made it close to perfect!
Hmmmm, I have the two stage trigger as well and like it. I might have to check this out though. Have you tried their bag rider by chance?

I made my own bag rider. See my previous post attached picture

europtic just had these at 1500 and was gonna pull the trigger but whiffed. Now I'm on the hunt at that price. Too good to not take it next time

europtic just had these at 1500 and was gonna pull the trigger but whiffed. Now I'm on the hunt at that price. Too good to not take it next time
Saw one on here in 6.5 Creed for a good price. Might be gone.

I also had one in 6.5. Sold it a bit ago to fund a custom build. Shot lights out. Custom build coming along nicely, but still miss the out of the box affordable accuracy of that Tikka rifle.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I was unaware of the cat problem in Australia. Was there no native predators prior to the introduction of "house" cats?
Pretty much the European settlers with their usual policy of bringing cats, rats, rabbits, foxes, etc, completely disrupted the biodiversity in Australia.
The marsupials didn't stand a chance.
Dingoes, wild dogs, were here already.
Amazing predatory marsupials, like the Tasmanian Tiger, were hunted to extinction.... to make way for sheep farmers.
Then there is the introduction of the Cane Toad.......🙄
Feral cats are prolific.

The Tac A1 is truly an incredible rifle for the price. I don't think there's another one in that price range that can touch it. I've got the 16" Tac A1 in .308 and I could not be more impressed with it. I just wish my magazine voucher hadn't been expired when I got it!

I have one in 6.5-CM ... it's a tack-driver out to 1,200 yards.
I haven't gotten to stretch the legs on mine yet, I've only had it a few weeks thus far and I'm at work out in the gulf of mexico. I'm gonna when I get home though!

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I haven't gotten to stretch the legs on mine yet, I've only had it a few weeks thus far and I'm at work out in the gulf of mexico. I'm gonna when I get home though!
My experience is that the rifle will go as far as the skills of the shooter allow it to. Congrats on a very wise purchase.