• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So I need to relocate.

eca7891

Keeper of useless knowledge
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2019
Can anyone tell me anything about far Western Montana/ Northern Idaho?

We will be fleeing Minnesota so the winter should be slightly less sever.

Idaho seems to be the better choice as it seems to be a more free state.

Any advice on areas to consider? Looking for acreage 20-30 min from major stores.

Seems like MT is turning more and more blue by the minute. Idaho may be doing the same thing, but at a slower pace.

This.

Oh, and what's a major store? It's not uncommon to be an hour or more from a Walmart/Costco/Sam's.

Winters are milder, but you have elevation effect snow and cold. My coworker lives 15 minutes from town, but 1500' higher. He gets snow when town gets rain, and he's usually 15* colder being on the south facing slope with little to no sun all winter. He ended up buying an international 4700 dump truck with 12' plow to keep his driveway open, as the skid steer was nowhere near quick enough.
On a north slope you may never need a plow. Don't count on the county to plow any roads in a reasonable time frame either.

Also, if you need internet access always check before you get to invested into a property. Not uncommon to have nothing available besides dial-up. If you're out of town shitty dsl is the best you can usually do, sometimes a cell network if you're lucky.

Seems like MT is turning more and more blue by the minute. Idaho may be doing the same thing, but at a slower pace.

Interesting phenomenon.

As Blue states turn into unlivable shitholes (crime, drugs, violence, etc) the people who are responsible for fostering and creating those conditions FLEE their state...because they don't want to deal with the crime, drugs, and violence.

They then go to their new Red state and immediately start turning it into an unlivable shithole...

Also, if you need internet access always check before you get to invested into a property. Not uncommon to have nothing available besides dial-up. If you're out of town shitty dsl is the best you can usually do, sometimes a cell network if you're lucky.

This Is critical for my wife’s employer. So it’s a mandatory requirement to have some sort of higher speed option. I have no idea how good the Usernet satellite option is.

They then go to their new Red state and immediately start turning it into an unlivable shithole...

100% certain we will not be adding to the shitfest as I am a flaming constitutionalist and libertarian.

I have been to Wyoming a few times. I like it but I don’t know if I could find an area I would want to live.

all of southern Wyoming is a BIG NO GO for me.

Reactions: Bender
Interesting phenomenon.

As Blue states turn into unlivable shitholes (crime, drugs, violence, etc) the people who are responsible for fostering and creating those conditions FLEE their state...because they don't want to deal with the crime, drugs, and violence.

Kinda like cancer, huh ? :unsure: :mad:

once you decide, think about changing your license plates before you move.
idahoans are not friendly to people moving in from other states.

That’s just a visit to the dmv. Hopefully via the website.

I’ll add that I am not a native of Minnesota but moved here about 15 years ago. I did move from a free state. 😕

I have a little ranch in far west MT. There are some interesting places if you look. Land prices have doubled nearly in the past 18 months. But still decent large plots.

Next to me are rural vacant land plots from 80-1200 acres...and bigger.

Im next to a farm subdivision (20-40acre farmetts) west of Kalispell. It’s 21 miles to hobby lobby (wife’s happy).. cabelas,rei, Lowe’s, etc...

Not sure what your looking for but the “fleeing” is insane.

as for “blue”... repub gov and senators this time around and state legislatures... but.. the two biggest cities are both college towns. You get a lot of that eclectic hippie Democrat culture in Bozeman MT-State, and Missoula UofM... it has the effect of Chicago controlling IL and NYC controlling NY on a smaller scales.

Lots of conservatives fleeing in, which is good.... lots of CA, Oregon. Etc fleeing in and looking to for some reason enact the policies that fked up in their home state.

Im next to a farm subdivision (20-40acre farmetts) west of Kalispell. It’s 21 miles to hobby lobby (wife’s happy).. cabelas,rei, Lowe’s, etc...

This is one of the areas that we will be visiting this summer.

We will be taking a 2-3 week trip in the area originally mentioned.

In spite of what I said, I really love Montana. But, my love is for the way it was 30 or 40 years ago. I was in Bozeman a year ago June. Absolutely disgusting what the libs have done to that town.

Worse yet, whoever in the local/county/state government allowed the development on the back side of Big Sky ought to be shot. There had to be a lot of graft/payola involved. All the New York and California limousine liberal millionaires came in, gobbled up all that beautiful land and are developing it for their mega mansions/"wilderness retreats". When I was there, there were lowboy "Sidumper" trucks running continuously, dawn 'til dusk. A buddy of mine convinced my wife and I to go with he and his wife for a long weekend. Between Bozeman and Big Sky, I was pretty well grossed out.

Can anyone tell me anything about far Western Montana/ Northern Idaho?

We will be fleeing Minnesota so the winter should be slightly less sever.

Idaho seems to be the better choice as it seems to be a more free state.

Any advice on areas to consider? Looking for acreage 20-30 min from major stores.
Lewiston Idaho area is awesome, fishing, hunting, great people and freedom.

True story:

Had a business trip to Boise, hotel van driver picked me up at the airport and asked where I was from and what I was doing in Boise. Told him I was from the Louisville KY area on business; he replied he'd been to the Derby then said "I was wondering if you were from California, if so I was gonna tell you thanks for visiting now get the fuck out!"

once you decide, think about changing your license plates before you move.
idahoans are not friendly to people moving in from other states.

Neither are real Montanans. Since you are on this forum there is a good chance you probably have the same values most natives have. Don't come here with your gay Mercedes Sprinter van, Subaru Forester, Land Rover, or Jeep with 9 million fucking things hanging off of it. (who the fuck needs 5 spare gas cans when you live in town?) I am close to fleeing my own state for Christ's sakes. And then I will have to change my plates and adapt to whatever less shit head inhabited area I move to. As a native, my personal shit list of plates includes (in relative order of disdain for that state)

1. California
2. Washington
3. Oregon
4. New York
5. Connecticut
6. Wisconsin
7. Maryland
8. Massachusetts
9. Colorado

Probably some others too. We need more good folks than bad moving here, but as someone above stated, it seems like all the people who flee the shitholes come here...and proceed to turn into a shit hole.

Saw an article in the local paper just before the election, one person interviewed was a recent transplant from NJ to PA, who left because they "didn't feel they were getting their money's worth from local school taxes". This person was helping "get out the vote" and they described her as a "lifelong Democrat"....it's like a virus...

Definitely need to add new jersey
Neither are real Montanans. Since you are on this forum there is a good chance you probably have the same values most natives have. Don't come here with your gay Mercedes Sprinter van, Subaru Forester, Land Rover, or Jeep with 9 million fucking things hanging off of it. (who the fuck needs 5 spare gas cans when you live in town?) I am close to fleeing my own state for Christ's sakes. And then I will have to change my plates and adapt to whatever less shit head inhabited area I move to. As a native, my personal shit list of plates includes (in relative order of disdain for that state)

1. California
2. Washington
3. Oregon
4. New York
5. Connecticut
6. Wisconsin
7. Maryland
8. Massachusetts
9. Colorado

Probably some others too. We need more good folks than bad moving here, but as someone above stated, it seems like all the people who flee the shitholes come here...and proceed to turn into a shit hole.

Democrats work to "get out the vote". Republicans expect their constituency to vote. Republicans need to "get out the vote" and start engaging the people. It's amazing how well it works. Case in point: Georgia. Stop complaining about it and participate in a solution.

I spent a few years in MT and actually married a Montanan. I’m currently dragging her around with me on Uncle Sam’s dime. 2008/09 it was getting unaffordable in SW Montana, can’t imagine the cost now. Half the people I met at that point had moved in from Minnesota.

Lewiston Idaho area is awesome, fishing, hunting, great people and freedom.
This is very true and i have family in that area, however, the California and Washington exodus is landing there at an alarming rate and prices are skyrocketing.

This is very true and i have family in that area, however, the California and Washington exodus is landing there at an alarming rate and prices are skyrocketing.

This seems to be the reoccurring theme.

This Is critical for my wife’s employer. So it’s a mandatory requirement to have some sort of higher speed option. I have no idea how good the Usernet satellite option is.

100% certain we will not be adding to the shitfest as I am a flaming constitutionalist and libertarian.

Satellite can be ok, but it sucks for video conference or voip. Way too much lag. It's gotten better, but still not good.

Cell service or cable/fiber broadband is the better options.

Reactions: Nik H
Satellite can be ok, but it sucks for video conference or voip. Way too much lag. It's gotten better, but still not good.

Cell service or cable/fiber broadband is the better options.
Wireless deliver is an option in many rural areas now and is very reliable, fast and can carry plenty of bandwidth. Usually local companies that you can deal with.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
Before settling on rural AZ we had looked at a place a couple miles outside Yaak, MT. But you can't need a job and live there. Closest city was Troy but it wasn't much and an hour away if the roads are plowed. I think you needed to get to Kalispell (120 miles) before you see any big box stores.

The college town of Missoula is known as the Berkeley of the north.

We had also looked north of Billings in the Roundup and Forsyth areas. Lots of 20 acre developments catering to people who didn't want to live in Billings. 20 acres isn't as big as it sounds though and you aren't all that far away from each other.

I hadn't noticed before but Yaak is at less than half the elevation our place in AZ is sitting at.

Idaho isn't free of libtards and has been accepting "refugees(?)". The city of Twin Falls tried to cover up the molestation of a 5yo special needs girl by refugee kids. The city was more worried about the rights of the attackers then of the molested girl. It took a near riot by white residents to get the city to take action.

We had looked at some places in south eastern ID past Idaho Falls. A friend of my wife's lives in Meridian, ID and the entire Boise-Nampa metro area looks like Los Angeles except with worse weather and better gun laws. Everybody crammed together on small lots.

Last edited:
A bud of a bud thought it would be cool to drive close to with their mirror and roll coal on a cyclist in Kalispell. $1440 in fines later he found out how uncool it was.

Dicks are dicks, regardless of the color of the state. Don't be one for the sake of being one.

• Wow
Reactions: WaywardSon
What !!!! Only one third of the Ballots in Tarrant County couldn't be read by the machines and had to be put on the new Ballots.

I think there are several of us here with these same thoughts, move somewhere more free. Here in Colorado they just voted to take the power of our vote away (state's electoral votes going to national popular vote winner) and it's about the final straw for me. ID, TX, FL, WY, MT on my shortlist. But I fear before long all of us constitutionalists will have to gather in one place and separate ourselves from the rest of these commie fuckers. The problem is, even in conservative areas about 40% of any population, especially in cities are dems already, so it really doesn't take that many commies immigrating in to push the political scale toward the left. It can happen really quickly in states like ID, MT, WY, where it literally only takes 100,000 votes to change the whole game.

Reactions: gigamortis
I think there are several of us here with these same thoughts, move somewhere more free. Here in Colorado they just voted to take the power of our vote away (state's electoral votes going to national popular vote winner) and it's about the final straw for me. ID, TX, FL, WY, MT on my shortlist. But I fear before long all of us constitutionalists will have to gather in one place and separate ourselves from the rest of these commie fuckers. The problem is, even in conservative areas about 40% of any population, especially in cities are dems already, so it really doesn't take that many commies immigrating in to push the political scale toward the left. It can happen really quickly in states like ID, MT, WY, where it literally only takes 100,000 votes to change the whole game.
Why do you think Otard was settling all those refugees in those states? It sure wasn't because the people from around the equator wanted to see snow and freeze their asses off.

Reactions: Blutroop
I think Internet ruins a lot of fine places - you just cannot get any real speed...

There is a small town- midwest - maybe 400 people.... it's 30 minutes from Casper...
but internet in town is slow and expensive... head 20 minutes out of town, and you might need one of those AOL CDs and a 48K baud modem

I think Internet ruins a lot of fine places - you just cannot get any real speed...

There is a small town- midwest - maybe 400 people.... it's 30 minutes from Casper...
but internet in town is slow and expensive... head 20 minutes out of town, and you might need one of those AOL CDs and a 48K baud modem

Musk's satellite service will change that. Unfortunately it will also open up the doors for all these new work from home libtards to leave the cities and infest previously pristine areas.

Reactions: tiNdvenTFHwMdqKW
@Huskydriver any green areas of utah with trees?

Like this?

20191001_185654.jpg