• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

so i tried to buy a rifle from cabelas......

mongoosesnipe

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2019
I think cabela's is using sale pricing to initiate orders they are unable to fill https://www.cabelas.com/product/SAVAGE-MAGNUM-TARGET-CENTERFIRE-RIFLE/1977900.uts i ordered a savage 112 magnum target 338 lapua because the price was to good to pass up i dont need a 338 but always kind of wanted one so when this popped up for 729 i jumped on it i placed my orfer on may 9th on may 11th the listed the item as back ordered and today on the 12th my order was cancelled the rifle is still listed available to order on thier website for instore pick up within 5-8 days which makes me think they are trying to get people to order guns in order to get people into the store or order other items i am debating going to the store tommorow to discuss the matter in person
Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 8.44.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 8.23.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 8.24.07 PM.png

IF you reload AND you have access to ranges where you can take advantage of the 338L's abilities , go for it.
Just set aside some $$ every time you shoot it. I have name of some great orthopedic Dr's that specialize in total shoulder replacements. **
** ask me how it know about these ?

My local gun shop Thru Gallery of guns gets $820.00 with 10 showing in stock. Fuck Cabelas, buy local help keep mom n pop in biz... Nice gun Goodluck.
honestly thats whats going to end up happening i was just drawn in at the idea of saving $100... thats like a whole box of ammo worth of savings

Reactions: footsteps and TACC
This is a common issue with Cabela‘s. I’ve had numerous orders cancelled. They are not a well run company.

This is a common issue with Cabela‘s. I’ve had numerous orders cancelled. They are not a well run company.
On the flip side of this coin. I found the Cabelas Intensity HD binoculars on sale online. None in stock at Cabelas here, but the local Bass Pro had them in stock. Went in and grabbed a pair and when the sales guy rang it up, I showed him the online price. He got the department manager who actually said to him "I hate when they do this. I'm not changing the price and getting yelled at again." He then handed them to me and told me to take them to customer service, they'd handle the price change for me.

Reactions: TACC
Worst gun buying experience ever was buying a gun from Cabelas.

I had to speak to like three people to get it done, it was like buying a car, a fucking joke.

Might only be a MA experience but never again.

IF you reload AND you have access to ranges where you can take advantage of the 338L's abilities , go for it.
Just set aside some $$ every time you shoot it. I have name of some great orthopedic Dr's that specialize in total shoulder replacements. **
** ask me how it know about these ?
You must shoot heavy draw weight bows. That is my guess how you know

• Haha
Reactions: Amanda4461
I just ordered a rifle from Cabelas. Another one of those too good to pass it up deals. While I was talking to the salesman he explained what was going on with their shipping and delivery.
cabelas corporate had shut down shipping of rifles due to covid 19. They were afraid that there would be a bunch of rifles out in the wild and nobody able to deliver them. They as a result of this have a massive delivery/shipping backlog. It was two weeks, currently down to about 1.5 weeks.
It sucks but it makes sense thinking about it.

Screw Cabela’s and their sister company Bass Pro. I too was sucked in by their online pricing. I went in the local ass pro in Gville Fl. to purchase a long gun because it was a couple of hundred dollars cheaper and it was in stock. Worst customer service I have ever seen. The employees actually avoided customers and acted like they were dealing with more important matters on their phones. The rifle is great but they’ll never get another penny from me. Piss on them

I'm by no means wealthy but I would someday like to speak with one of these "billionaires" and understand exactly what is the motivation to just keep amassing wealth, almost beyond the point of usefullness. Disgusting that they just keep playing their games and leaving destruction in their wake.

Reactions: Jumper
Used to love Cabela's until a couple years ago when BP took over. I had their credit card for 15+ years and would buy all kinds of stuff at the local store. Then BP bought them out and they got rid of the bargain cave and all the good Cabela's branded hunting clothes. Canceled my credit card and haven't spent 1/100th of what I used to in that place. It's a shame they turned such a great store into crap...

I just ordered a rifle from Cabelas. Another one of those too good to pass it up deals. While I was talking to the salesman he explained what was going on with their shipping and delivery.
cabelas corporate had shut down shipping of rifles due to covid 19. They were afraid that there would be a bunch of rifles out in the wild and nobody able to deliver them. They as a result of this have a massive delivery/shipping backlog. It was two weeks, currently down to about 1.5 weeks.
It sucks but it makes sense thinking about it.

i finally got an email back from them after i initially questioned my backorder status

i sent

hello

i ordered a Savage® Arms Model 112 Magnum Target Bolt-Action Rifle
Item : IK - 292320 for instore pick up with the assumption it would be ready for pick up within 5-8 days however the order availability now says backordered, my questions are
1. is is the 5-8 day estimate still accurate
2. should i expect additional delays
3. will my order be honored and when might i expect the rifle to be delivered to the store?

I understand things are not operating as normal with the current pandemic situation, I would just like to clarify what i should be expecting thank you

the reply

Hello Ali,

Thank you for your e-mail. I apologize. The 112 MAGNUM TARGET CENTERFIRE RIFLE: 112 MAGNUM TARGET was canceled / sold out and we were unable to fill your order. There is no charge for merchandise that does not ship. Unfortunately, it can take some time for our website to be updated.

The initial payment authorization or check to verify funds would have fallen off and not be charged.
Stay safe and please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
Thank you for visiting cabelas.com.
Sincerely,
Heidi O.
Customer Service

I sent an additional inquiry email after they canceled my order i am doubtful the will reply

i finally got an email back from them after i initially questioned my backorder status

i sent

hello

Item : IK - 292320 for instore pick up with the assumption it would be ready for pick up within 5-8 days however the order availability now says backordered, my questions are
3. will my order be honored and when might i expect the rifle to be delivered to the store?

I understand things are not operating as normal with the current pandemic situation, I would just like to clarify what i should be expecting thank you

the reply

Hello Ali,

Thank you for your e-mail. I apologize. The 112 MAGNUM TARGET CENTERFIRE RIFLE: 112 MAGNUM TARGET was canceled / sold out and we were unable to fill your order. There is no charge for merchandise that does not ship. Unfortunately, it can take some time for our website to be updated.

The initial payment authorization or check to verify funds would have fallen off and not be charged.
Sincerely,
Heidi O.
Customer Service

I sent an additional inquiry email after they canceled my order i am doubtful the will reply
Fair enough. Can’t be more straightforward than that.

i sent

hello

the reply

Hello Ali,

Sincerely,
Heidi O.
Customer Service

Man you dodged a huge bullet 😁

Reactions: Supersubes
Your statement about Bass Pro is inaccurate. Cabela's still sells branded clothing and has a bargain cave.

Notice I said they got rid of the “good Cabela’s branded hunting clothes”, I did not say they got rid of all of them. And yes, the local Cabela’s bargain cave is no longer open as a discount area. It is just another room with fishing merchandise.

So i ended up ordering the gun through local shop for around 900 out the door, waiting for it to come in its not exactly a tactical entry into the elr game but i think it should be fun to tinker with and being a single shot i dont have to worry about loading to mag length

I couldn't resist the Lapua urge. Caught the last one in stock. Bought on line (not Cabelas). Heard similar bad buying experiences there as well.
Screenshot_20200728-214717_Chrome.jpg

I told the clerk at cabelas I was a space shuttle door gunner and he gave me a 5% discount on my last purchase.
At the end of the day its a big box store, not a local gun shop. You pay more at your local gun shop for one, supporting local businesses and two, better customer service experience.

I hope it shoots good for you. I’ve been thinking about getting a 338LM but unsure what manufacturer to go with. A fella posted the other day about his rpr shooting 2-3 moa with Lapua ammo. He was hopeful that a hand load would improve that. I checked into the few Remington offerings, and again I see the 2 moa crap. Not wanting to buy a nightmare I decided to wait and see if there’s something worth buying. Savage takes a pretty bad beating here on the Hide but I’ve seen some real tac drivers over the years. I’m glad you didn’t let cabelas/asspro get your money, piss on them. I look forward to hearing all about your new rifle and how it shoots out of the box. Please follow up on your post

i will probably make a new thread for the gun when it get it, ironically cabela's is currently advertising the gun for $529 but not available online