• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns So I was at a local pawn shop...

fdkay

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 27, 2009
    Ingleside, Tx
    I went in to a local pawn shop on business.
    I saw this in their display case. It came home with me:
    Serial number puts manufacture in the year 1920. As best I can tell, it is the factory nickel plating.
    Colt Model 1903, .32acp

Attachments

• 20141002_073803.jpg
      20141002_073803.jpg
      809 KB · Views: 13
    • 20141002_073816.jpg
      20141002_073816.jpg
      653.3 KB · Views: 11
    Schweeettt !!! Hope it didn't cost too much , I haven't seen too many that are plated ... General Patton carried one of those as a belly-gun - his was blued . Al Capone carried one , too .

I gave them 550 out the door. You don't see them often and the nickel plated ones even less so. I need to buy some new grip panels and a new screw as I don't want to damage the originals. Also need another mag for it. I know a guy that makes holsters, I had him make a holster for my Dad to carry his FN 1910/22.

Nice old school gun. Made like a fine watch. And something like a rubic's cude to take apart.

Nice pistol. Do not detail strip it unless you are competent with firearms. I did that one that my friends father owned. Went to look for a diagram to put it back together and discovered that manuals are almost non-existent and it is considered one of the more difficult firearms to put back together.

Buy every original Colt magazine you see. Of course that is safe and experienced statement.