• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So my Lady just told me,,,,

Sean the Nailer

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 20, 2006
    Winnipeg, Mb.
    That she wants to take a gunsmithing course!

She is tired of hearing me talk with her and my bro's, as well as reading here, and not understanding ALL the different aspects and points of conversations.

That, and when we're shooting and/or reloading or working on things, she wants to know "more". How cool is that, eh?

We don't have any actual school's here anymore. The last one ended about 20 years ago. The only option would be correspondence. I have explained to her what I think of that, but we are interested in hearing what ya'll think. And where ya'll would suggest she look at.

I'm sure we'll be able to scrape up different items for her to get some 'hands on' work in, but one of the main things about this is she actually wants that certificate to hang on the wall. Simply because, practically nobody would believe she did it to begin with, if that weren't there.

(and no, that isn't a slam on her work, so don't go there)

Among other things, I'm thinking that this is an interesting and encouraging endeavor. To say the least.

Re: So my Lady just told me,,,,

Most of the major gun manufactures have gunsmiths classes. What is the largest town near you and find out what all the Police use and send her to that course. Glock, H&K, Smith&Wesson, or whom ever. If their is a main shooting sport look into it. IF she gets tired of you send her my way.

Re: So my Lady just told me,,,,

Give AGI video courses some thought, being as you are where you are. They are pretty thorough and will give her a good grasp information wise. Plus you can watch them as many times as you need AND have a reference. Get her one video and let her try it and see who it goes?