• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SO TECH sniper vest set up

one shot ST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Italy
This is my set up, the base is the SO TECH sniper vest, I've put on it some other gear from Kifaru, eagle, endom, HSGI...
I can carry all I need for a day of shooting.. I've walk for about 15 km to reach my shooting place, the total weight was 25 kg..... 10 for AWSM the other in the vest.....

leupold mark IV spotting scope
ray vin tripod
leica 1200 carry in a peli box
kestrel 4500 carry in a peli box
log book with mil dot master, slope dope ecc ecc
PDA with FFS version IV carry in an otter box case
cammenga lensatic compass
70 cartridegs .338 LM in a 10 plastic box
medical kit
2 liter of water
tab gear mat
OTIS kit
some snakes...

no problem at all to walk with all this stuff...... the SO TECH sniper vest is a very very good item

DSCN2451.jpg

DSCN2453.jpg

DSCN2454.jpg

DSCN2457.jpg

DSCN2458.jpg

DSCN2459.jpg

DSCN2463.jpg

DSCN2441.jpg

DSCN2442.jpg

DSCN2443.jpg

url]

url]

Re: SO TECH sniper vest set up

That is a great setup! Very good use of space. Is that a folding stock?
Looks awesome, and like you worked out all the bugs. 15k to walk to your range? Wow...

what kind of rifle rest/bag is that in the 8th picture.

HSGI/IBA used to market that rest/bag.

Cut

very cool. You could almost go for one of the eberlestock long range sniper pack
smile.gif

Very nice. Is it relatively balanced?

well that is one hell of a great rig you have there

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bark-eater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was wondering why you chose to run the butt pack off to the side ? </div></div>

I think I can answer this question bacause Davide and me have the same setup , we found that the SOD or TAB biathlon slings are very good at doing their job so we need to leave the center part of our back free to host the rifle .

PP out

Was a training day, I choose to walk for 15 km to check how my set up works... it's great, perfectly balanced, no problem at all... It's very important for me to have my chest free.... more easy to breath.
In Italy some sniper competitions are on the horizon.... so, it's better to start hard training.
PP says how I choose to run the butt pack off to the side... before I've done this set up but was more difficult to handle the rifle...

DSCF4316.jpg

DSCF4317.jpg

is not a folding stock..... out of law in Italy......

I've an Eberlstock pak the MC Millan operator...... good item, but alone is about 4 kg... and if you load it to max capacity, is not easy to handle the enviroment..... specially off road.

I think the right choice is my SO TECH set up and my spotter with a kifaru marauder... He can carry what we need for 2/3 days ( just in case ) water/food, induments ecc ecc......

this is my Eber... before was desert tan... I used on it some krylon..

2007_1114RRM20070019.jpg

2007_1114RRM20070018.jpg

2007_1114RRM20070016.jpg

2007_1110RRM20070039.jpg

this is the kifaru Marauder... very, very good item....

2008_0412RRM20070007.jpg

2008_0412RRM20070006.jpg

2008_0412RRM20070005.jpg

2008_0412RRM20070003.jpg

Normally we reach our shooting place with a land...... this was to check how the So TECH works.... I say again very, very good vest... I think the better on the market.. cheers

Thank you for the explanation. 15km certainly sorts out what looks good on paper from what works. I have a question about the shooters butt pack. Dose the pack have any structure of its own, or dose it rely on its contents to hold its shape? Thanks

yes, has a structure but is located only under the side where you put the rifle..the padded place for the rifle is very stable.. nothing to put inside, to have a more stable platform it's better to have some thing inside the butt back..... I've also used it without nothing inside and it works.... so first case 10 ..... second one 7....... but sufficient

Do yourself a favor and get a TAB cover for your rifle, scope and muzzle protection are built in, plus it protects the entire SWS.

I've this item for my HTR, I've modified it with a shooe go and a net to attach some garnish......

probably I'll get another one for my AWSM.....

very nice pics, I wish I will test on the field my set up too.
did you shoot with your harness in prone position?
when you are in prone position, do you have easy access to your pouches?

no... I don't shoot with the harness..... I put it in front of my position...more easy to have full access to all pockets......

[OT]

Shibumi / Phil you are over your Private Topic limit so I wrote an email to you , please check it out .

PP out

Very nice gear
smile.gif
I love my marauder. I ended up 1000mph taping up the loose straps so it didn't look like an angry octopus anymore and put a few usgi pouches on the face as mostly a quick place to dump or retrieve stuff like ear pro and rear bag. A d-ring through the molle on the side of the pack also works as a great place to hang a rear bag from.

How do you rank the sotech shh vs their belt for the same purpose?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVMIKE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice gear
smile.gif
I love my marauder. I ended up 1000mph taping up the loose straps so it didn't look like an angry octopus anymore and put a few usgi pouches on the face as mostly a quick place to dump or retrieve stuff like ear pro and rear bag. A d-ring through the molle on the side of the pack also works as a great place to hang a rear bag from.

How do you rank the sotech shh vs their belt for the same purpose? </div></div>

I've used a malice clip...

why is it better than a camelback and a good molle belt with pouches and suspenders?

for several reasons...

camel back
molle belt
rifle

3 suspenders

with my set up I can carry all... I say again all what I need for a long range shooting day.

If you have a different set up show me a picture, with a field use feed back..... and we can try no analize pro and contro

I think you set up is one of the best for a 1 day trip

I had a similar set up (chest ring with molle belt and pouches).
but which set up would you choose for a 2 days walk?
I mean with this harness you can not wear a back pack (with sleeping bag, ghillie and snugpack jacket)

Ultimately everything turns into a running compromise if you try and make one system do it all.
I prefer to look at gear as mission specific. We actually have a product which will address this problem in a modular setup. As soon as I can, I will unveil it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: allocine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you set up is one of the best for a 1 day trip

I had a similar set up (chest ring with molle belt and pouches).
but which set up would you choose for a 2 days walk?
I mean with this harness you can not wear a back pack (with sleeping bag, ghillie and snugpack jacket)

</div></div>

yes you right.... in my start topic I wrote about this..... I can carry all I need for shooting SWS and all equipment, my spotter can carry all other equipments.... food/water, sleeping bags, tent, ecc ecc.....

i have the same vest. expensive but WELL worth the cost

Here is the main difference between the Sniper Hydration Harness, and the Sniper Hybrid Hydration Harness.

SHH
Lots of realestate to hold lots of gear.
Vest is stand alone, and goes down past belt line.
Not compatible with a Padded Pistol Belt.

SHHH
Suspension system designed to hold up Padded Pistol Belt.
Realestate for gear is based primarily on Padded Pistol Belt.
Hydration Sleeve has MOLLE for placement of whatever will attach.

Both are very comfortable, and can work equally well. If you are a big fan of the Padded Pistol Belt, and want to run a drop down holster, then the HHH is for you. If you can run a drop down off a riggers belt, then the SHH can work great, and you get the best of both worlds.

It would seem that the HHH is very popular with the competitors, as it is minimalistic, and holds all essential gear well within reach, and you can easily perform while on the move, etc.

We are currently producing a run of the HHH in Coyote Brown. If interested, call 1-800-615-9007 and ask for Omar. He is our customer service rep, and he can take care of you.