• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So, the FBI is going after hoarders now?? Didn’t know that was illegal...

Remember donald throwing out paper towels to the people of Puerto Rico? Can't wait to see him throw out rolls of TP to the people of NY... :cool:

Fuck 3M for shipping domestically needed product with no requirement that product stay stateside. Fuck the US gov for sending domestically needed products abroad. And fuck the guy in the op strait up the ass with a barbwire wrapped dogwood stick.

I’m willing to bet you’d also like to cut ties with all our trade partners, piss off our neighbors, and further isolate our nation on the global stage.

One guy selling shit out of his living room does not constitute big business, nor does it fit the definition of a monopoly.

What he is doing should be protected, not frowned upon, whether it's douchey or not.

Anti trust has nothing to do with price gouging laws.

The gouging laws are posted in another link, and yes it should be illegal. And it is, so I don't really have to debate that with anyone. If you think it should be legal to price gouge in an emergency its up to you to get the laws changed. Off course that means every store could have marked up their prices ten fold, as soon as stuff started getting bad. (y) (y) (y)

Anti trust has nothing to do with price gouging laws.

The gouging laws are posted in another link, and yes it should be illegal. And it is, so I don't really have to debate that with anyone. If you think it should be legal to price gouge in an emergency its up to you to get the laws changed. Off course that means every store could have marked up their prices ten fold, as soon as stuff started getting bad. (y) (y) (y)
And who gets to decide if it's price gouging?

If it's the consumer, we operate under a free market system.

If it's .gov, we are all fucked.

Currently, it's the latter.

Just because something is illegal, doesn't mean it's wrong. Look at the NFA of 1934 or the AWB of 1994.

Reactions: UpSideDown
Just because you don't think its wrong, doesn't mean its not wrong. If you have questions about the specifics look them up yourself. I am not your google assistant.

I’m willing to bet you’d also like to cut ties with all our trade partners, piss off our neighbors, and further isolate our nation on the global stage.

You mean a free and independent America that manufactures what it needs, and doesn't prop up communists regimes by shipping jobs out of the country, while funding the U.N for all the other nations that fail to meat their agreed upon funding of the U.N?

"Trading parteners" implies we are trading in mutually beneficial fashion.

You mean a free and independent America that manufactures what it needs, and doesn't prop up communists regimes by shipping jobs out of the country, while funding the U.N for all the other nations that fail to meat their agreed upon funding of the U.N?

"Trading parteners" implies we are trading in mutually beneficial fashion.

My point is specifically the above attack on 3M.

The one company that makes these masks and didn’t move all of it’s production overseas years ago, and is ramping up production to help fill domestic need. The company that is releasing its masks through its established and closely monitored distributors to prevent price gouging, while refusing to sell direct to the brokers and highest bidders. The company that is shipping less than 10% of the masks it makes to friendly nations, while fighting to get masks made at its overseas locations to the US against the wishes of the countries they are made in. The company that was working with our government to get permission to move 1.9 million of the masks ready to fly in China against the existing bans, to finally be green lighted yesterday, and the New England Patriots donating their airplane to go get them.

President vomits some mindless drivel, and people take it as the gospel truth. Absolutely no fact checking, research, or thinking “this dude has said untrue things before, maybe this is another?”

To say the US can stand alone is silly. While I am fine with a bit of isolationism, personally wish we’d stop sticking our dick in everyone’s cheese whiz, I realize that from time to time you have to be a good neighbor.

only if they are reimbursing the cost of what they want to take other wise they are welcome to try and find it my tp hoard is safe and sound and its all mine lol

The one company that makes these masks and didn’t move all of it’s production overseas years ago, and is ramping up production to help fill domestic need. The company that is releasing its masks through its established and closely monitored distributors to prevent price gouging, while refusing to sell direct to the brokers and highest bidders. The company that is shipping less than 10% of the masks it makes to friendly nations, while fighting to get masks made at its overseas locations to the US against the wishes of the countries they are made in. The company that was working with our government to get permission to move 1.9 million of the masks ready to fly in China against the existing bans, to finally be green lighted yesterday, and the New England Patriots donating their airplane to go get them.

President vomits some mindless drivel, and people take it as the gospel truth. Absolutely no fact checking, research, or thinking “this dude has said untrue things before, maybe this is another?”

To say the US can stand alone is silly. While I am fine with a bit of isolationism, personally wish we’d stop sticking our dick in everyone’s cheese whiz, I realize that from time to time you have to be a good neighbor.
Liberals hate Corp America until they spew anti trump propaganda. Libs; Yes 3M did the right thing and that is why Trump is going after them. I know this because the CEO of 3M told me so. You Libs are such fools.

Chastising people for not fact checking in one sentence, admitting you didn't fact check anything in the next. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You used a statement so vague and broad to make a point.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I doubt it.

To say the U.S can't stand alone is retarded, but seems par for the course eh?

So, now being good to your neighbor, is letting them rip off your family?

Reactions: Yasherka
they busted a dickwad the other day selling shit out of his house to a hospital for 700% retail.

But it’s cool for hospitals to bill $500 for a bag of saline solution, $50 for a dose of Tylenol, etc... Seriously, they can go fuck themselves too.

Supply and demand bitches.

But it’s cool for hospitals to bill $500 for a bag of saline solution, $50 for a dose of Tylenol, etc... Seriously, they can go fuck themselves too.

JPUpSzgx_400x400.jpg

just to be clear, you believe because a corporation overcharges for something, the people that work to help sick people should suffer and die because some hook nose bought all the masks when the pandemic was announced?
are you sure you want to stick with that?

just to be clear, you believe because a corporation overcharges for something, the people that work to help sick people should suffer and die because some hook nose bought all the masks when the pandemic was announced?
are you sure you want to stick with that?

Really, that’s what you took from that? You must be a few fries short of a full happy meal.

Really, that’s what you took from that? You must be a few fries short of a full happy meal.
that is exactly what happened, fucktard. and you are defending it.

he wasn't marking up beanie babies at christmas.

You don't think that hospitals were buying safety equipment outside of a known source? The doctors and nurses and everyone working there's life would be at risk.
The cock sucking scumbag gouger could have tampered with those things. There's a reason for a supply route.
right.

that asshole wasn't ripping off the hospital, he was ripping off all of us that pay taxes.
I may be wrong though. But in the topsy fucked up country we are living in. I don't trust anyone.

that is exactly what happened, fucktard. and you are defending it.

he wasn't marking up beanie babies at christmas.

So it’s not gouging for hospitals to charge $500 for a bag of salt water and $50 for a dose of Tylenol during a visit? That’s FAR more than these “gougers” are marking up. Pot calling the kettle black.

Those assholes have plenty of money to pay marked up prices for supplies.

So it’s not gouging for hospitals to charge $500 for a bag of salt water and $50 for a dose of Tylenol during a visit? That’s FAR more than these “gougers” are marking up. Pot calling the kettle black.

the hospital administration or shareholders that profit from markups are not the people that need ppe.
whatever the hospital pays will simply be marked up again and used as data to increase our premiums.
the fucking red sea pedestrian will get rich, and we will all pay for it.
but go ahead and treat him like a hero.

Jfwiw, the overcharges are for overhead costs for covering federally mandated indigent care, people who are not going to ever pay for care,
to pay for other less well off people who only can pay a part b4 the debt is written off as uncollectable,
to cover expenses created in three part by the indigent, the written off, and the dribble payments in full long after service is rendered.
to maintain staffing beyond daily normal needs; to cover for upticks, emergencies, and now, pandemic.

Further, the business model is unsustainable, as we see now.
All the businesses that have no funding backup to be self sustaining, that depend on daily operations to provide $ to maintain expenses, like hospitals, air lines, ad nauseum,
Like us humans living from paycheck to paycheck with no savings, just sayin..

I very much do not like it being that way. Not at all. Nor do I any way agree with it, please do not take this post as me supporting the hospital overcharge.

vr

What actually happens is the hospital charges $500 for a bag of salt water. Your insurance company has pre negotiated rates with the hospitals so the insurance company pays $75 for the bag of salt water. Hospital accepts payment from insurance and writes off the $425 as a loss on their taxes. I would say it is gouging. No company could stay in business with losses like this.

So what happens when an uninsured person goes to the ER and is billed $500 for a bag of salt water. Do you think that the hospital is going to negotiate with that individual? Fuck no, they’re going to be left with a fat bill that may financially ruin them for the rest of their life from all the mark up.

The entire healthcare system is fucking crooked.

Reactions: theLBC
So what happens when an uninsured person goes to the ER and is billed $500 for a bag of salt water. Do you think that the hospital is going to negotiate with that individual? Fuck no, they’re going to be left with a fat bill that may financially ruin them for the rest of their life from all the mark up.

The entire healthcare system is fucking crooked.
you are right about that, but this probably not the best time to punish nurses and EMTs by allowing assholes to profiteer on ppe.
so much of those supplies have gone missing, the hospitals might be buying their own fucking shit.

Reactions: Squat and j-huskey
I don’t disagree with any of that in general, and the erosion of liberty and growth of a Leviathan government Certainly make this situation that much more dangerous. I an 100% committed to out Constitution, and have written a blank check to boot. However, Lincoln was also faced with dire choices (much more dire than ours) and his observation about the Constitution not being a national and individual suicide pact comes to mind.

In our system, and under the beliefs of our Founders, the individual IS the greater good, except when the entire body politic is threatened. Existential threats must change the calculus, and if they don’t and give in to common sense then it calls into question their utility in the first place. I do not question that utility or the fundamental truths of it, but when the Indians attack if everyone runs to th homes to only protect theirs it doesn’t really matter, because they’ll be no one left to enjoy liberty in the morning.

I am certain you are completely wrong about our founding fathers approving of profiteering during a national emergency. They were not blinkered fanatics. They were wise men who created a resilient system under which men could live free, and the fantasy of a perfect system was not part of it at all. Jefferson illegally raised a Navy and went to war, as well as illegally sending the country into massive debt by making a massive illegal land purchase. No, they were not fanatics at all.
This is true. Capitalism is fine in a lot of cases and hoarding. If you get all the Elmo dolls at christmas, you might be a douchy person but its a want not a need.
However, using an emergency of people fleeing weather, or in this case needing protection to live, thats criminal and you should be charged. Its not like this dude was selling masks to an unreasonably panicked society. IE the toilet paper run.

Reactions: theLBC