• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes So what is the best scope?

Should it subtend an knob in MOA, MIL, IPHY or something else. What is the best ret to have as well?
It will be used for ELR shooting an quick kill on dangerous game that can get as close as 25 feet at times.
Just need a few recommended to pick from.

Well if someone is thinking killing dangerous game at 25 feet.... with a scope that can also do ELR....
Tell them they are doing it all wrong...
Or just let them find out for themselves as long as you are beneficiary of their cool gear in the will.

I've been using a toilet paper roll tube with clear wrap with a red marker dot for my CQB work and a paper towel tube with a paperclip duplex reticle for my ELR work. If I tape the TP roll to the top, then I am able to hunt squirrels at 2,000 yards and bear at 25 feet. Oh and I obviously mounted it in an ARMS QD mount so I can swap between my sniper rifle and HiPoint.

Best of both worlds and under budget.

Too many ninjas here!

This new scope that has FU knobs a ret thats coming or maybe by now out, anyone fingered one yet? I'm been so 1965, I think it might be time to move into whats Tacticool for all the different kinds of shooting I do, from my walker these days. Once you start shooting from a Hoveround you'll never go back. I've one with tracks coming with the 338LM recoil device, has anyone here reviewed one of those yet?

• Love
Reactions: M8541Reaper
This new scope that has FU knobs a ret thats coming or maybe by now out, anyone fingered one yet? I'm been so 1965, I think it might be time to move into whats Tacticool for all the different kinds of shooting I do, from my walker these days. Once you start shooting from a Hoveround you'll never go back. I've one with tracks coming with the 338LM recoil device, has anyone here reviewed one of those yet?

I heard from a buddy that once had sex with a dude who went to SHOT and stood next to a gun bunny that slept with a chick who picked up a piece of brass on Hathcock Range while visiting her Canadian neighbor's grandson at Stone Bay that there's a new scope coming out from Tasco that is supposed to revolutionize SOCOM's ability to shoot 5.56 handloads at 2,000nm. Apparently it will have a 35.5mm tube so you get the perfect adjustment range in IPHM and you are able to zero it at 36yds.

As a social media influencer, I'll make sure I share the deets with my peeps here on the Hide first.

If you've ever found yourself bored out of your mind and in the "New Posts" section of Sniper's Hide, go ahead and hit that subscribe button. #TypedWhileWearingAFlannelShirt

I just have one question.

How in the flaming fuck is anyone supposed to slay the Huns without iron sights?

Everybody knows irons are all you need.

We need the ultimate iron backups. The need to be able to mount on anything. 1913 rail, muzzle brake, saggy biker tits, I mean anything. They definitely need to adjust well enough for taking out secret squirrel spies, and that’s no small task.

I just have one question.

How in the flaming fuck is anyone supposed to slay the Huns without iron sights?

Everybody knows irons are all you need.

We need the ultimate iron backups. The need to be able to mount on anything. 1913 rail, muzzle brake, saggy biker tits, I mean anything. They definitely need to adjust well enough for taking out secret squirrel spies, and that’s no small task.
Laughing,... during quick kill training, no sights were allowed on the "Weapon". We started out shooting pie plates but, at the end of that training those who had the knack were going 10 for 10 with APC's.
Anyone remember what the weapon was back then?

Reactions: bourbonbent
Laughing,... during quick kill training, no sights were allowed on the "Weapon". We started out shooting pie plates but, at the end of that training those who had the knack were going 10 for 10 with APC's.

I’m too young to remember from experience, but I actually like using irons and have from a young age.

My previous post was tongue in cheek and joking.

I would like a hint, was a sword still part of the common load out and by "shooting" does this encompass bows and arrows? Trying to nail down which century your from or referring too

One of the most popular rifles of it's day. Most all boys from the country had one an Killed many things with one. The interesting thing is/was once you could hit APC's (aspirins),.... using irons on a M14 to 200meters for minute of chest was like cheating.
I would like a hint, was a sword still part of the common load out and buy shooting does this encompass bows and arrows? Trying to nail down which century your from or referring too

One of the most popular rifles of it's day. Most all boys from the country had one an Killed many things with one. The interesting thing is/was once you could hit APC's (aspirins),.... using irons on a M14 to 200meters for minute of chest was like cheating.

I was over at TacPro doing the whole prove you can use our 1000 yard range without shooting into the next state thing..

One of the better known shooters came over to do the test with his NM M1A shooting prone just with a sling and the sights, no other supports or bags or any of that stuff.

Once they called in his corrections, he put 5 rounds in a row on the 1000 yard target no problem.

Reactions: JFR
I need a Sharps in the worst way. I’ve been debating ordering a Shiloh for years now, and this ain’t helping lol.
And octagon barrel lends itself marvelously to back-up irons on at least three flats!

JFR

It’s for shooting siblings in the ass and hamstrings when they’re not expecting it.
Or, flys off the barn, pigs/cattle in the ass, to move them down up a loading ramp, Picture windows from 150yds, mirrors off cars racing down your rock road from cover. Birds, rabbits,.... mice/rats, 2 or 4 legged

Reactions: lash and RTH1800
Here,

Lots of info there, I was thinking something a little more tacticool, that would allow me to mingle an talk shop with the cool people?

Or, flys off the barn, pigs/cattle in the ass, to move them down up a loading ramp, Picture windows from 150yds, mirrors off cars racing down your rock road from cover. Birds, rabbits,.... mice/rats, 2 or 4 legged

I shot many things with air rifles, and I am not sure the SOL is up on all of them...

What’s fun, is sticking field mice to the walls with a blow gun after they cut the fields.

When I was working at a welding/fab shop in high school, my boss used to have me take the shop Winchester air rifle (can’t remember the model), and shoot the pigeons. Guess who also got to go retrieve them when they started to ripen.

Fun times with air rifles as a kid. I liked to shoot golf tees out from under the golf balls, or just shoot the mud and find which mud left the biggest crater with a pellet. Seems like a lifetime ago.

If you don't need the Sharps name, you could do one of these:

I thought hard on that, but I am a really firm believer in American made by hand when it’s possible. I’ve considered making my own, and if I can find blueprints or measurements, I might just do so one of these days.

I thought hard on that, but I am a really firm believer in American made by hand when it’s possible. I’ve considered making my own, and if I can find blueprints or measurements, I might just do so one of these days.

I think my boss may have an old unused barrel for one sitting around somewhere gathering literal rust.

I think my boss may have an old unused barrel for one sitting around somewhere gathering literal rust.

That’d be awesome to have somewhere, especially somewhere not gathering rust. I’ve wanted to do a few gun barrel pipe tomahawks for awhile now. I have Bartlein cut offs, but that’s not really an octagon and I don’t want to make it one, then try to forge weld that to wrought iron lol. I’ll probably have to mimic it with file work.

More on topic, this winter I think I’m going to forge a lock and hardware, and build a flintlock. Forge it all from 8620, color case harden after fitup, the spring would be a different alloy. Been a project on my mind for awhile, and I don’t think a Sharps would be an insurmountable task either.

I checked with my boss and unfortunately he already started turning the barrel into a bunch of nuts on the bridgeport mill he just got working.

He'll keep an eye out for more that come in and I'll let you know.
Usually you will have to do your own rifling as most he finds are the raw barrels and are not chambered or rifled.

Imo the best all around hunting scope is a Leupold VariX 111, 2.5-8. I have four of them. I have killed critters in low light to almost no light conditions (snow) with them. The VariX2, 2-7 or 3-9 is my second choice.

Imo the best all around hunting scope is a Leupold VariX 111, 2.5-8. I have four of them. I have killed critters in low light to almost no light conditions (snow) with them. The VariX2, 2-7 or 3-9 is my second choice.
I never felt handicapped in any venue with my 2.5X8X36. Had I been able to get todays tree ret installed long ago, it would have helped in a few places but, over all that little scope did everything past the limits of the 308.

Ya just hold a low Frank @ that 25 foot critter.

Don't listen to this guy. He's just yanking your chain. This stuff he's describe is just made up. The best set up would be the Badger Gen 3 Quadra Lense with Chem Lite illuminated reticle. I think it even has the tritium turret numbers. You can go from 25 to 600 yards with the flip of a switch.

Obviously the top choices are Huskemaw, quigley ford, and for serious long range shooters, counter sniper crusader government contract overruns....