• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

so whats up with the Whiskey 3

longshot2007

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2010
I thought I was added to the email for backorder, never got one. Now they are sold out. Any idea when they might have more in? I have been drooling over these since last year.

Re: so whats up with the Whiskey 3

Which model were you backordered for? We haven't filled all the backorders yet and haven't even started filling folding stock backorders.

On the other hand, sometimes people just don't get our emails that we send out because it gets caught up in a spam filter or something.

Thanks,
Justin

Hi Iggy,
The folder wait time depends on the version as some have a deeper backlog than others. Also it really depends on who comes through with their payment.

We're hoping to have the first folders ready by Friday and if that's the case then none of the versions should take longer than 3 weeks to be readily available. However something usually happens to delay things a bit.

If you need a Rem 700 folder right away, Trigger Time Gun Club here in CO has one.
Thanks,
Justin

nice. KRG on this board.
smile.gif
I was looking for the Tikka T-3 folding chassis. I have had emails with you guys before, which you promptly got back to me on. It might have been this last time around it went into spam. You guys are on the GEN 3 version, is that correct? thanks for the reply

He has been really good about answering questions about the whiskey 3 for everyone on this forum. A big +1 for that

its nice to see that. Shows that they are involved with their product and not just marketing it to make a buck and get out
smile.gif

I am in the same boat as you too. On the list waiting for a gen 3 folder.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: randal9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am in the same boat as you too. On the list waiting for a gen 3 folder. </div></div>

have you heard an ETA?

Nothing definent, but I am also not in any hurry. I guess it will depend on the size of the list.

Justin at KRG is GTG!!! He's customer service and response time is TOP NOTCH!!! Trust me, if he could by any means take care of you HE WILL!!! Be patience the KRG W3 is worth the Wait!

Thanks for the kind words guys!

The T3 folders will start shipping, if all goes well, a little under two weeks from today but in reality it could take a week after that (or more but hopefully not).
Thanks,
Justin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the kind words guys!

The T3 folders will start shipping, if all goes well, a little under two weeks from today but in reality it could take a week after that (or more but hopefully not).
Thanks,
Justin </div></div>

What's the 700 Short action folder time frame roughly?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's the same, they'll be ready at the same time. Thanks,
Justin </div></div>

Thanks Justin!

show how do i get you money? (insert fry with handful of cash meme)
but really are you taking deposits?

Justin, any updates? We'll appreciate this.

We're still trying to keep the time frame I mentioned on the 27th which would be next week but it's uncertain due to a minor delay. We do have fixed stocks for the Rem 700 short and long and the M995 in stock, and the Badger stocks are on the way to Badger Ordnance for sale through them. Keep in mind that is shipping first stocks and there's a backorder list for every version at this point. Thank you,
Justin

If you guys ever decide to manufacture a Whiskey 3 lefty for a Badger action I want one!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonthomps</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you guys ever decide to manufacture a Whiskey 3 lefty for a Badger action I want one! </div></div> Man would I love one too but I was told by KRG that they wont be making any left handed ones unless more left hand shooters request for it. The best advice i could give you is contact badger ordnance and see what they can do for you because was told glenn at badger ordnance converted for himself a right hand whiskey 3 for a left handed badger ordnance m2008.

So, to confirm. If we want a short action Badger M2008 Folder we should talk to BO?

Anybody heard if they have started shipping the folders yet?

I got mine from Marty at Badger. Bought it when I bought my M2008 action. Wasnt sure if I was going to like it becuase I had shot Pete Sake's Gen I fixed and hated it. Damn stock always injured my hand somehow, either cut my hand, or hit the back of my hand. But the Gen II folder is pretty damn nice.

Bill

How does one get backordered/waitlisted for a 700SA folder? I did not see an option on the website. It just says out of stock when added to the cart.

Thanks

Onemortime- yes anyone wanting any Whiskey-3 for their M2008 should contact Badger, they have the gen 3 fixed stocks right now and may have gen 2 folders left

Randal- the gen 3 folders have not started shipping, more of the same minor delay

Jimichanga- to get on the backorder list for a folder please send an email to [email protected] and they'll put you on there.

Thanks,
Justin

It's been frustrating for us not to have the folders out yet, we try to keep the chassis in stock at all times if possible. Obviously the switch to gen 3 put a kink in things but still. In regards to the delay we've had, we'll be making some big changes in the coming weeks/months. These will relate to KRG operations rather than the design of the chassis.

M2008 uses a Rem 700 skidplate. It's actually a Rem 700 forend and trigger guard on there.

The skidplates are the one accessory (I think) that we don't have shipping just yet. They're midway through production but are coming.

Thanks,
Justin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Onemortime- yes anyone wanting any Whiskey-3 for their M2008 should contact Badger, they have the gen 3 fixed stocks right now and may have gen 2 folders left

Randal- the gen 3 folders have not started shipping, more of the same minor delay

Jimichanga- to get on the backorder list for a folder please send an email to [email protected] and they'll put you on there.

Thanks,
Justin </div></div>

Can someone outline the difference between the Gen 2 and Gen 3 Folders?

Just ordered from badger, they only have the m2008 short action fixed stock in stock, and one of them said he didn't expect the folders until the first of the year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HSNARC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">, and one of them said he didn't expect the folders until the first of the year. </div></div>

I really hope that's not the case, but it would make a great Christmas gift
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HOGTOOTH5R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Justin at KRG is GTG!!! He's customer service and response time is TOP NOTCH!!! Trust me, if he could by any means take care of you HE WILL!!! Be patience the KRG W3 is worth the Wait! </div></div>

I have to agree with this 100%. My W3-gen 3 was well worth the wait because of the a excellent customer service. Justin answered every email I sent him and was honest about every question I asked. I'm surprised he didn't block me from sending him anymore emails. Lol.

-There are several differences between the generations, there is a complete list on our website under products/W3C/detailed info tab. The main ones are that the gen 3 comes with small grips and can take the large ones easily, just a couple screws and swap them out. Also the gen 3 fixed can't be turned into a folder down the road. The other changes are stuff like adding threaded hole positions and moving some around, adding more clearance for aftermarket triggers, etc.

-We really are trying hard to have folders out well before December, let alone Christmas. They should have been out over a month ago really but we've had a similar issue that everyone who manufactures aluminum parts faces at one time or another.

Thanks for the kind words guys, there's a lot of work by people other than me involved in KRG and I'll pass your thoughts on. I'm just one that is more active on the forum.
Justin

Massoud,

I just tried to add one of the Whiskey-3 Folders for Rem 700SA to my cart at the KRG website. I was excited to see they were in stock. Unfortunately it was priced at $9,999.00 in the cart. I know they are popular and I really want one, but come on man I want one made of aluminum, not solid silver. Website error?

Whiskey 3-less on the Willamette

From someone else on the Willamette if ya swing that $10K chassis I wanna see it!!!
smile.gif

We have started to ship the folders. The reason the price is set like that is because we send out a discount code to each person on the backorder list as we go down the line, then they can purchase online. This prevents someone from "cutting the line" in front of someone who has waited.

You might be onto something with that solid silver stock! It would be interesting, if heavy. If Saddam were around he'd be into it.

Seriously though if you want a folder and are not on the backorder list, we can add you, we hope to clear it up within 1-4 weeks but there's a lot of things that go into it.
Thanks,
Justin

Just posting to let KRG know that I am still interested and happy thanksgiving!

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. The first folders have started shipping and we will continue to work our way down the backorder list.

For anyone who is looking to save a bit we may have some blem T3 folders in the new gen, pm me. Thanks,
Justin

Justin, looking at the chassis for an M995. Does it come with bipod mounting options other than what attaches to a sling stud?

Thanks.

Ryan, it comes with a Magpul MOE L2 rail that can replace the sling stud. For other options take a look at the Spigot Mount on our website.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. The first folders have started shipping and we will continue to work our way down the backorder list.

For anyone who is looking to save a bit we may have some blem T3 folders in the new gen, pm me. Thanks,
Justin </div></div>

IM sent