• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Socially UNacceptable Humor

0ea92b1bf98c6d69744a8549401a4c5560c3ddd89220887145fe41400e9a6f33.png

My perspective on narcan.

Yes, many times it is a waste of time since they end up ODing and dying later.

But...

I remember holding a 15 year old girl in my arms who was sobbing and begging me to bring her mommy back. I would have killed to have narcan then. Her screams and heart-wrenching sobs will be with me forever.

I handled an OD call where the dead guy had been brought back with narcan. He is grateful beyond words and thankful for the second chance he got. He has stayed clean and has a wonderful family life now.

I have it now, not just for the junkie, but for the junkie’s loved ones.

I hear you. I have seen it a lot. Zipped a lot of bags closed on teen bodies who started by stealing a couple pain pills.

I also know 500 stories of another OD within a month for each 1 who cleans their act up.

I know people who have been to rehab 10+ times.
Always end up on something that ruins them again.

I also know the stuff that happens that drives a lot of people to drugs.

and somedays I just wanna be pissed and say “let em go”. At times, our anger and frustration can over ride our compassion and kindness. Its Monday and I am kinda there.

Well, first off an overdose of any drug doesn't mean death. It simply means you took more than you're used to. Perfect example is cannabis edibles that are extremely easy to OD on the first time. No death involved, just a very paranoid and scared person.

As far as my opinion on Narcan goes, I'm all for keeping it around and in EVERY first aid kit in your homes especially if you have kids. It only takes a second for a small child to leave your sight and get into pain killers thinking they're chewable vitamins or something. Narcan does more good than bad.

Local SD does not carry Narcan. From what a couple friends in the medical/rehab field, about one in ten will get and remain clean. So, Narcan will save lives, but most will eventually chase the dragon again. How many lives will they damage or destroy on the way to an early grave?

Only issue I have with it is, Narcan is free, but an EpiPen is 600.00 and requires a script from doc.

Its not free, its just subsidized. Back in the day it actually had a higher street value than heroin.

Reason being cartels could manufacture heroin, but not Narcan.

10% sobriety after 1 trip to rehab for a opiate addict seems abnormally high.

alcohol too for that matter.

first google result says maybe around that 10% is close.
I havent kept notes or tabs, but 1.5-3% seems more real for those who have went down the path of injected opiates.
guess I wasnt thinking about the “just pills” users.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
She offered her honour
He honoured her offer
And it was honour, offer, honour, offer, honour, offer, all night long.