• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Socks for humping?

Re: Socks for humping?

I have to throw my vote in for nylons under wool. Worked for me when humping.

Now that Im married I never go humping.
frown.gif

Semper Fi
1*

Definitely go with the UnderArmour Heat Gear Socks listed above. They breathe really well and if it happens to get too cold, just throw a pair of wool GI socks over them to stay warm.

I like Thor-Lo hiking or their military boot sock with a polypro liner sock on first.

pretty simple... as thick as u can fit comfortably in your present boots and little to no cotton content in the material and tape the points on your feet that blister the moste.
the Corps didnt teach me how to b highspeed but it shure as hell taught me haw to hump at high speed.

RYNO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ZL, I didn't really like the Fox river sox at all. They made my feet sweat more than any other sock i have ever used.

The moister wicking socks under wool worked really well for me but can cause some discomfort if your boots are too tight to begin with.

The only 5.11 gear I have is their socks. I received about 6 pairs in Iraq in one of those any soldier boxes. I used them the whole year, and I absolutely loved them. They had great cushioning and overall feel for me. Good at moister wicking too, because I never noticed my feet sweating once. </div></div>

I'm a guy who changes out socks fairly frequently depending on the task at hand. I'll switch out socks about every 8-10 miles if there's time to do it, and also I'll let my feet dry whenever I can.

There's one factor here that I reckon we can't ignore. Some people have trained enough to already have tough feet. Stick those people in the right boot, and they've got a much larger selection of socks that will work for them. Then again, if you take a guy straight out of a Wall Street office and give him the perfect boot and perfect socks, he's still going to be blistered to hell.

And for my crazy story: I deployed with an SF dude who swore to the Almighty Himself that he could use any old sock he wanted because he slathered his feet in Vaseline before every ruck. Worked for him, definitely not for me.