• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Socks

Re: Socks

I have good custom boots. I also use good wool socks in the winter, smart wool. My feet still sweat enough that if its real cold out my feet get cold after I stop hiking. I can never seem to keep enough pairs around to have dry socks all the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doug.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I posted something similar a bit back but I have found good luck with some Fox socks... I think I may try those out though they look awesome, might just be the marketing though.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...rue#Post2658248</div></div>

Fox River Mills makes some good socks. They don't fall down, they wick moisture and they don'ts cost an arm and a leg.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: battle-scarred</div><div class="ubbcode-body">smartwool socks are the best socks on the face of the earth, period. </div></div>

Not quite....the original developers of Smartwool have started a new company after selling smartwool to a corporate entity.

These are better

I do not have any experience with the socks orginally posted. They appear to be very high end, and may come with a hefty cost. When it comes to everyday wear socks for boots, I've never found a better value than the Kirkland Merino wool socks sold by the US chain "Costco". The cost is approx $12 US for a package of four pair. They wear surpisingly well, breath, and are the correct 'medium' thickness to protect you from hot spots, provide some warmth, but not create so much void space so as to create boot flop (movement of boot out of synch with foot).

I'm not alone in this opinion, most of the emergency service guys I work with agree...these are an excellent value for a quality sock.

I never understood why people wear long socks (except maybe if it's really cold), they have always drove me nuts. x2 on the Fox River medium weight socks, $12 a pair never had an issue. Note I spend very little time below 50F.

My Brother inlaw was in the service and gave me a couple pair of Fox River. I have been hooked since. I wear work boots all day every day I won't even think about wearing the cheapo white socks from the chain stores. I wore out the Fox Rivers now I wear Smart Wool brand socks. Good socks don't fall down or bunch, they last for ever. I never thought I would pay $18 for a pair of socks , but they are worth it. my .02