• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SOCOM 7.62-Mini on Precision Rifle?

BigOhio

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
I normally shoot a Tigershark on my precision rifles and recently purchased a SOCOM 7.62-Mini with the intent to use on various 223, 300BO and 308 ARs and maybe an AK. While I patiently wait for my paperwork to be processed I have been taking inventory and updating the brakes and flash hiders on my rifles in order that they are ready to go when I finally am able to pick up the SOCOM which brings me to my question. Other than being a little louder, would there be any reasons not to use the 7.62-Mini on a 260 bolt gun? I was thinking about putting a muzzle brake on the 260 anyway and feel the Surefire muzzle brakes do a great job cutting muzzle rise and recoil on my ARs so why not a bolt gun. I can't find many reviews on the 7.62-Mini and those that are out there are mostly on semi's but I would think the advertised minimal POI change would be ideal. Any thoughts?

You are not going to have any issues with it on a bolt gun. It is going to be a little quieter at your ear than on a semi since you won't have the gasses coming out the ejection port. I tried the SOCOM762-MINi on a buddies rifle and it was ok for the sound. It was still a sharp crack over the SOCOM762-RC that he runs in comps but it wasn't bad. I didn't have the sound equipment out that day so I cant provide dB levels.

As Kudu22 says, no problems running the SOCOM Mini. Should be fine and you'll be minus a few ounces.

Be safe,
FourNineThree

I am running 762 mini legacy on my 26" 6.5x55 . It sounds as good as the full size on the longer barrel. Definitely more crack on 20" bbls. I like the QD feature for hunting and transport.

Like Odindad said, the mini sounds much better on the longer barrels. It is very close to the fullsize RC on my 7-08 with 27" barrel, but a significant difference between the two on my 20" gas .308.