• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOCOM MRGG

6400 rounds of 6.5 is no shit, however,,, test the groups from 200 rounds and he groups from 6000 rounds at 500 or 700 yards. Even a 6.5x284 can hold sub MOA at 100 after 1500-2000 rounds but at 1k, that MOA gun becomes the equivalent of indirect fire due to flyers and off call shits from jacket damage.

I’m not shitting on this accomplished, and I hope I’m wrong here but the accuracy requirement test seems lacking to me.

Interesting gun. I’d like to have one :)

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
6400 rounds of 6.5 is no shit, however,,, test the groups from 200 rounds and he groups from 6000 rounds at 500 or 700 yards. Even a 6.5x284 can hold sub MOA at 100 after 1500-2000 rounds but at 1k, that MOA gun becomes the equivalent of indirect fire due to flyers and off call shits from jacket damage.

Its not about hitting the target, its about effect. Reminds me of a competition long ago - there was a UKD requiring knockdown at around 1280 as I recall. My .308 hit the target, but it didn't knock it down. No points for me!

Reactions: FatBoy
Yes, we shot both the MRGG-A and S for a while that day. The video I posted is the shorter A. Both were sub MOA at distance even after 5k+ round counts.
Very interesting.

Thoughts on this Geissele vs Seekins SP10??

Is Geissele still having trouble with quality control like we've all heard about the past few months...??

Reactions: Snapper314
Very interesting.

Thoughts on this Geissele vs Seekins SP10??

Is Geissele still having trouble with quality control like we've all heard about the past few months...??
Honestly, I don’t think the Seekins holds a candle to it in terms of overall fit, finish and feel. As the price would suggest, they are in a different league. The ambi controls are genius, and what they have going on with the feeding geometry to reduce the likelihood of damaging bullets works very very well. And the result of that is apparent down range.

As far as the accuracy goes, it went shot for shot with all of our custom bolt guns. I had never seen a gas gun that could do that. Usually there is a strange flyer here and there. But everything was dead nuts.

Even at the 6500$ price tag, I will be saving up for one. I see it a lot like I do my recent purchase of an Atlas gunworks 2011, it simply means I can stop buying guns in that category in search of perfection.

As far as Geissele QC, I don’t know anything about that, everything I own from them is flawless, and that said, I don’t know a group of guys that would be more willing to make it right.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don’t think the Seekins holds a candle to it in terms of overall fit, finish and feel. As the price would suggest, they are in a different league. The ambi controls are genius, and what they have going on with the feeding geometry to reduce the likelihood of damaging bullets works very very well. And the result of that is apparent down range.

As far as the accuracy goes, it went shot for shot with all of our custom bolt guns. I had never seen a gas gun that could do that. Usually there is a strange flyer here and there. But everything was dead nuts.
Woah! Keep me/us posted when you buy one sir!

Reactions: Patty
Yes, we shot both the MRGG-A and S for a while that day. The video I posted is the shorter A. Both were sub MOA at distance even after 5k+ round counts.

That’s a pretty cool video. Most of the rest of the thread turned into hot garbage. Sad we eat each other….

My hope is the chrome lining process trickles down into the broader community. The old FN SPR was one of the first accurate chrome lined barrels I saw, but that likely won’t have the erosion a 6.5 will. Very cool that they have this worked out, at least on a limited scale.

That’s a pretty cool video. Most of the rest of the thread turned into hot garbage. Sad we eat each other….

My hope is the chrome lining process trickles down into the broader community. The old FN SPR was one of the first accurate chrome lined barrels I saw, but that likely won’t have the erosion a 6.5 will. Very cool that they have this worked out, at least on a limited scale.
Yeah, the community should be better in that regard. I normally stay away from threads like that but it was definitely lacking some real information. I get how a price like that is going to cause some controversy but at the end of the day it’s just a bunch of people guessing why it should or shouldn’t cost what it does.

I agree, I’d really like to see what chrome lining is really capable of, I hadn’t realized that a chrome lined barrel could do that until I experienced it myself.

The SCAR 20 is chrome lined, no?
Those SCAR 20's are a beast of a rifle as well from what I've seen.

But on the FN SPR- agreed. They should've never quit making them!

I’ve shot the scar. But I can tell you with absolutely certainty it’s nowhere near as smooth, and at least the example I shot, not as accurate, as the Geissele was. Here’s that video from the other thread in case anyone hadn’t seen it.

3 shots at 760 followed up by a mag dump close up, I am pretty sure every one of those was on the plate, the thing is crazy smooth.

Not sure about the S20, but the FN SPR and SCAR 17 were. FN has some of if not the best chrome lining applicators in the industry . Not sure if its the people or the tech, but the can put put amazily accurate CHF, Chrome lined barrels. I am honestly not sure why more companies haven't followed suit, they have been masters at it for over 20 years. Maybe G has cracked that code or had some other tech breakthrough.

I hope so. If I could get even 5000 rounds from a match rifle it would cut the cost of my yearly shooting expense in by maybe 20% per year (barrel cost plus chamber/fitting) . I generally go through at least one 6mm a year now, and was going through 3 x 6.5 barrels a year. Not that I want to discourage barrel makers from continuing to make quality barrels, or discourage anyone from getting into it, but we have seen steel shortages in recent history, shut downs from COVID, etc. would be nice to have a couple rifles, even if they were slightly less accurate than a normal cut rifled tube with handloads, in reserve to ride it out or practice with.

$6500 is steep for me, but I agree this is likely going to come down for civilian sales, assuming Geissele offers them. At $3000-$4000 they could/would be a player in the premium market. If they limit the yearly runs they’ll pre-sell in minutes. This is the realm of most custom or premium factory guns these days. Expense for many (most) of us but these days shit never gets cheaper and we continue to buy it so…. Fucking handload 6 Dasher is costing me $1.32 a shot this month. WTF…

You had that rifle locked down. Almost no movement while shooting. The steel impact was picked up louder than the muzzle report. Are the suppressor and scope details available?

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
I hope so. If I could get even 5000 rounds from a match rifle it would cut the cost of my yearly shooting expense in by maybe 20% per year (barrel cost plus chamber/fitting) . I generally go through at least one 6mm a year now, and was going through 3 x 6.5 barrels a year. Not that I want to discourage barrel makers from continuing to make quality barrels, or discourage anyone from getting into it, but we have seen steel shortages in recent history, shut downs from COVID, etc. would be nice to have a couple rifles, even if they were slightly less accurate than a normal cut rifled tube with handloads, in reserve to ride it out or practice with.

$6500 is steep for me, but I agree this is likely going to come down for civilian sales, assuming Geissele offers them. At $3000-$4000 they could/would be a player in the premium market. If they limit the yearly runs they’ll pre-sell in minutes. This is the realm of most custom or premium factory guns these days. Expense for many (most) of us but these days shit never gets cheaper and we continue to buy it so…. Fucking handload 6 Dasher is costing me $1.32 a shot this month. WTF…

You had that rifle locked down. Almost no movement while shooting. The steel impact was picked up louder than the muzzle report. Are the suppressor and scope details available?
x2
@Patty what can is that??

@padom if you want to merge this thread and the Geissele MRGG thread, I don't mind. Its up to yall...

Very cool!

Any idea if Geissele large frame components will ever be sold separately?? Ie will you be able to get a matched upper/lower - then outfit it with your own choice of barrel/gas system/grip/stock/etc?
I don’t know the answer to that, but there is quite bit of proprietary work happening in the extension area. I’m not certain how much of that would prohibit the use of a different barrels. Either way, I would bet anything like that is a ways off.