• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SOCOM762-Mini inbound

Krej

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2012
Just got off the phone with my dealer, he received a shipping notice and SN from Surefire for my new (and first) suppressor.

Thanks to everyone here for the posts - I didn't really have anything to add to the conversations, but this forum helped tremendously in making my decisions.

Pics and review to follow in 5-6 months.

I have a black one pending F3 as well. What host are you going to use? I'm planning 9" 300 blk, and 14.5" pinned and welded Marlin 30/30.

I just took mine out yesterday for the first time on my OBR and I was definitely impressed. If I had a shift I could not tell. I put 3 rounds in a black 1 inch square and then put it on and put 3 in a different square in the same spot.

I just took mine out yesterday for the first time on my OBR and I was definitely impressed. If I had a shift I could not tell. I put 3 rounds in a black 1 inch square and then put it on and put 3 in a different square in the same spot.

Distance?

Have any pictures to help the OP and I hold us over?

Distance was 100 meters. Rifle is a Larue OBR 18 inch with the 4 prong SOCOM flash hider. Scope is a Bushnell XRS 4.5-30 with H59 reticle. Gun has roughly 5,500 rounds down the barrel and I was shooting bulk M118LR. I was shooting from the bipod with a rear bag. The side by side comparison is the Mini next to a full size 762RC. The dollar bill was just for size reference.

Unsuppressed
DSC_0821_zps5293ebd4.jpg

Suppressed with a SOCOM762-MINI-BK
DSC_0822_zpsdcf8fa3c.jpg

DSC_0823_zpsb19eb4ff.jpg

DSC_0825_zps5307a0f8.jpg

Host will be both a 16" LaRue PredatOBR 7.62 or a 12.5" 300 blk (I also have a LaRue Costa that will have to come out an play every once in a while). I am looking a using the SOCOM brake on the LaRue and SOCOM flashhider for the 300 blk. I have not seen the 4 prong hider, only the 3 prong, maybe you can school me on the difference. Those are some nice groups. I am very happy to see the minimal, if any, POI shift.

Ordered from a local dealer after seeing one at a suppressor expo in Dallas. I think he ordered it directly from Surefire. I can send you his info if you are interested.

How was the 7.62 mini compared to the 7.62rc?? Was it hearing Safe w/o ear protection? ?

How is the noise, Chuck?

I was actually surprised. I was expecting it to be louder. It was not bad at all. I always wear ear pro though because I can and honestly I am deaf as it is so I don't want to make it worse.

I was actually surprised. I was expecting it to be louder. It was not bad at all. I always wear ear pro though because I can and honestly I am deaf as it is so I don't want to make it worse.

Cool! I'm pretty happy with my 556 Mini, so I was curious about the 7.62. I really like the size, though "quietest" is usually the most important think for me so I don't know that I would do another "compromise can." I would like to hear one though...

I still have 4 stamps and dealer transfer fees before I send the 336 BL Grizzly Customs for the chop.

Hell yes on suppressed lever-guns! I've been fantasizing about one ever since I saw a Rossi .357 with a 9mm can and Trijicon RMR. I've always been a fan of comic (and functional) anachronisms.

If it is not too much trouble, can you take quick video of the 762-RC next time you are out? I know it doesn't give a true representation of hearing it in person but I have one on order right now and the anticipation is killing me.

bumping this thread to the top.
Did you ever get your mini?
Im considering one to shoot mostly on my 300blk and 5.56 rifles and sometimes on my obr, the griffin armament recce7 is in the running also.
Just got off the phone with my dealer, he received a shipping notice and SN from Surefire for my new (and first) suppressor.

Thanks to everyone here for the posts - I didn't really have anything to add to the conversations, but this forum helped tremendously in making my decisions.

Pics and review to follow in 5-6 months.