• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD- Remington 700P .308 26" Heavy Barrel

BullGator1

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2017
NC
Remington 700P in 308 with 26" Heavy Barrel. Action and barrel have been Cerakoted by previous owner. There is some wear on the top of the barrel near the muzzle but does not affect function. Precision Reflex Pic Rail, Timney 510 Trigger. Standard HS Precision Police stock, aluminum bedding block, etc.
$700 Shipped Lower 48. Prefer to ship individual to FFL. I leaning more towards selling, but I am open to hear trade proposals. Thank you
IMG_2558 (1).jpg
IMG_2559.jpg
IMG_2560.jpg
IMG_2375.jpg
IMG_2376.jpg
IMG_2384.jpg
IMG_2381.jpg
IMG_2383.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: kevinsachs
Whats the O.D. of the barrel at the muzzle ?
What are you looking for as far as trades? Just the Rem 700 LR in 300 Win Mag ?
The O.D. is approximately .8125” at the muzzle. 26” barrel.

I would also consider trades on older Nightforce NXS scopes. Thanks

Thanks for the info.
One last question, would the dimensions of that barrel be like that of an issued M40 or would I have to rebarrel it to make it correct ? The reason I ask is I'm interested in shooting in the Quantico vintage rifle match and maybe the CMP vintage sniper rifle match next year. I'm not sure if the barrel is too long and correct contour and weight.

Thanks for the info.
One last question, would the dimensions of that barrel be like that of an issued M40 or would I have to rebarrel it to make it correct ? The reason I ask is I'm interested in shooting in the Quantico vintage rifle match and maybe the CMP vintage sniper rifle match next year. I'm not sure if the barrel is too long and correct contour and weight.

The correct dimensions for a Vietnam era M40 are 24” barrel and a muzzle O.D. Of .825”. Remington varmint contour is the same.

Reactions: Pvt. Joker
What’s the letter prefix on the action? Thx.

Any idea how many rounds on the barrel?

Not sure exactly. The bore is clean and shiny. I know the previous owner used the barreled action mostly for fitment to other stocks.