• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories SOLD....sort of...Chronograph for new reloader

Hawkeyemm

Private
Minuteman
  • Apr 30, 2013
    Kansas
    So to celebrate my 100th post I would like to donate my Cardwell chronograph to someone who is just getting into reloading/load development. I just received my new magnetospeed (thank you JC Steel) so I no longer need the Caldwell. It works fine. And it comes with the cord to plug into your phone so you can utilize the app. I know it’s not a top of the line chrono but I hope it can be of use to someone. Hopefully someone without a 100s or 1000s of posts so I know they are fairly new it doesn’t just show up on someone’s table at a gun show.
    Shippings on me. It might not ship immediately because of my work schedule but I will get it to you.

I would love to put it to use! Pming

Here’s a side question, when using a chronograph for load development, are you trying to keep a constant velocity or more so trying to hit a target velocity?

Here’s a side question, when using a chronograph for load development, are you trying to keep a constant velocity or more so trying to hit a target velocity?
    I would say there are a number of reasons to use one.
    quality control on your reloading process
    Ballistic calculation info- you can’t determine your dope if you don’t know the velocity
    Compare powders, primers, brass, etc
    If there is a known accuracy node for a given load/caliber/barrel it can accelerate load development
    And probably many more I’m not thinking of right now

Thanks for that response. Trying to get educated before I attempt reloading

Thanks for that response. Trying to get educated before I attempt reloading
    Fyi- There are many many people on here who are way way way more knowledgeable than me on the topic. I would encourage you to ask that question on one of the reloading threads. And you will get a much more comprehensive answer. Or at least pointed to a number of threads that May have covered the topic already.

For me, I'm trying to get a constant, low standard deviation and low extreme spread but at the same time I'm trying to maintain my target velocity of 2800 fps. My average is 2830 with an SD of 6.

Good on the OP for his kind gesture. This site has proved invaluable with help and kindness.

Reactions: Baron23
    As a greenhorn, have yet to actually pull the handle on my first Case this would be a great help...BUT my daughter bought me one for Christmas last year. Magnetospeed sporter...As for Jake at JC STEEL all I can say is he is a stand-up guy..Bought myself a RPR 6mm Creedmore last week from him, he noticed the plastic bolt shroud he had put a small crack in it when it was removed fir shipping...Today Chad Dixon to my surprise mailed me a NEW Black Annodized one..All the best to the member gifting this item, those mentioned above.. PS
    I was gifted a Lee Press in the same manner as above by a thoughtful member, one day i too will pay it forward. Footsteps

All the stickies in the reloading section are absolutely amazing. I spent hours reading the reloading 101 threads and refer back to them all the time. At first its really overwhelming but when you start going things start to click and make sense.

All the stickies in the reloading section are absolutely amazing. I spent hours reading the reloading 101 threads and refer back to them all the time. At first its really overwhelming but when you start going things start to click and make sense.
    Much easier to understand the lingo and processes when actually going through the motions.

Reactions: MotoFlier
    So to celebrate my 100th post I would like to donate my Cardwell chronograph to someone who is just getting into reloading/load development. I just received my new magnetospeed (thank you JC Steel) so I no longer need the Caldwell. It works fine. And it comes with the cord to plug into your phone so you can utilize the app. I know it’s not a top of the line chrono but I hope it can be of use to someone. Hopefully someone without a 100s or 1000s of posts so I know they are fairly new it doesn’t just show up on someone’s table at a gun show.
    Shippings on me. It might not ship immediately because of my work schedule but I will get it to you.
    This is a solid move. Outstanding.

Reactions: DamagedGuds