• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Soliciting Opinions, Specific NF/Vortex Models

Keith E.

Private
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2007
Eastern N.C.
I have the first scope listed below on a 1-4 month backorder and have been offered the second one as a ship-now option for the same price. I've not owned either and have only briefly handled the second one in a shop, not mounted to a rifle.

I am looking for input from people that have actually used a Nightforce NX8 1-8x24mm &/or a Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10x24mm w/ 34mm tube. I do prefer the FC-DMx Reticle specs/images but have not handled one.

Scope choices below:

●NightForce NX8 Capped E/W Rifle Scope, 1-8x24mm, 30mm Tube, FC-DMx Reticle, Dark Earth, C663

●Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10x24mm Rifle Scope, 34mm Tube, First Focal Plane, Stealth Shadow, Hard Anodized, Red EBR-9 MOA Reticle, MOA Adjustment, Gray, RZR-11001

TIA,
Keith

Reactions: Wolf47
If one is made in China, reject it on that basis alone.

Nightforce because mils but I do like the 1-10 range of the vortex. But the 1-8 is a solid choice an NF is GTG.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Normally a NF guy and that’s mostly what I shoot. I am also a Mil shooter although I learned on MOA. Of the available options I would absolutely take the Vortex in this situation even though it’s MOA. The NX8 isn’t on the same playing field as the Gen3 imo and probably 95% of the people here would agree. The Gen3 is more comparable to the ATACR line and of those 2 I would hands down choose the ATACR. That being said the MOA probably isn’t a issue for you being as how it’s a LPVO and probably won’t be used in a dialing up type environment. Hope this helps…