• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Solo Shooting at 1,000- 2,000 yds- Target Camera or Spotting Scope?

Milf Dots

Milf Hunter Extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2019
For those of you who often (not always) shoot alone at 1200- 2000 yds, to see bullet impacts do you just use a wireless target cam like the LS LR-3, Nikon p1000 camera, an LS Hawk cam on your spotting scope, a spotting scope, or even a pair of high power binos like the Kowa Highlander with the 32x or optional 50x eyepieces? TYIA

ETA: I'm not sure if 32x, or 50x, Kowa Highlander binos are enough power at 2000 yds to see bullet holes, hits, MISSES?

Also, I do like the idea of a wireless target cam dumping to a tablet that records the vid...

Last edited:
A spotting scope is a big help, but not if you're trying to see holes in paper at that distance. It's easier for marks on steel, but even a decent 5-25x scope can do that.

Yes, dial mag down until you can self-spot misses. Steel you can still hear at 2K.

Bullet holes at 2000 or hits on steel? You can see hits on steel with a good scope out there. Never used a camera or spotter at those ranges. Just used my scope and watched the impacts. The TOF is enough that it shouldn't be hard.

Reactions: Northman623
For 2000+ yards, the remote camera or even a drone would be better than the best spotting scope or binoculars due to atmospheric conditions.