Solutions for Long Distance using the Sig Kilo 2400 ABS or others?

mmcguckin1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 16, 2020
    Michigan
    Those of you with the Sig Kilo 2400ABS, do you still find any merit in having a Kestrel or what are you using for wind speed if not? Or if you don't mid please share your set-up for Distance, wind and solutions?

BiggBeans

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Feb 20, 2017
    Kansas
    dont have a 2400abs. but i do have the sig 3000bdx binos linked to my kestrel. and i love it. works great when out hunting coyotes at long range.

Sogan

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jun 11, 2013
    dont have a 2400abs. but i do have the sig 3000bdx binos linked to my kestrel. and i love it. works great when out hunting coyotes at long range.
    That sounds like a solid set up. Im going binos, range finder, kestrel, dope. The coyotes have already had two more kids by the time I'm ready

khuber84

Aim small, miss small
    Minuteman
    Nov 29, 2008
    Montana
    I run zeiss victory rf 10x42 which have ballistics built, drop no wind. Have a kestrel for wind. Without a true wind meter(kestrel or equivalent) giving you data, you never know. I'd love to streamline down to one lrf and no more tools, but kestrel is essential for wind data. I mean there are adapters that go into headphone jack on ur phone, gives wind, then you input in the solver on your phone. But you're still utilizing 2 pieces of kit.

Reactions: mmcguckin1

mmcguckin1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Apr 16, 2020
    Michigan
    Appreciate everyone's input, pretty sure I've made my mind up and I'm going with a Kestrel Elite and a Leica CRF 3500.com Rangemaster.