• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Solventtrapsdirect form1

Funny you should mention the clipping. My 6” is getting clipped right now actually
835B156C-5EF6-49DD-9247-CECE5A8BD5F6.jpeg

nice. what kind of a clamp is the baffle sitting in? Is it a homemade jig or something you can buy at the store? I made my jig like the guy in the video that I posted made his. I like what you have there though. the jig I made isn't near as precise as I'd like it to be, but for my first time it worked fine. I think before I do the next one I'll make a better jig.

Is there any reason you can't make the blast chamber shorter? I was thinking 5 baffles in a 7" tube. Shooting a 260 rem

I guess depending on the size of the baffles you could do it. Once again I'll state that I'm not an expert, and in fact this is my first suppressor, but in the reading i've done on this it seems to be that a guy wants a bigger blast chamber when running on larger caliber rifles. the blast chamber is where the most expansion of hot gases occurs. This means that the blast chamber is exposed to the highest pressures as well. If you were to throw your suppressor on a larger caliber gun, like say a magnum that produces higher pressures, the results could be not so good or safe.

If it were me, I would make the spacer longer to make the blast chamber larger, and then put in less baffles. Another option is to drill relief holes in the blast baffle. 3 or 4 evenly spaced 1/8" holes in the blast baffle will help to keep pressures down a bit.

Reactions: Geno C.
You want the blast chamber large enough to drop the pressure enough to not blow the cab up. The peak pressure of the round and barrels length affect the muzzle pressure. The muzzle pressure is the problem. Too much muzzle pressure and not enough room to expand in a blast chamber and your material yields. Not good.

Got out and did some legit testing with my can mounted on my savage model 11 22-250 that I use for coyotes. After a little bit of tinkering with the orientation of the baffles I was able to get it to shoot just as good with the suppressor as it did without the suppressor. With my hand-loads, this gun has always been a roughly 3/4 moa gun. I could definitely tighten that up, but I don't shoot at coyotes past 300 yards with this gun up here because it is always windy so I don't feel I need to worry about it. On top of that, it is my NV gun and has an ATN Optic mounted on top so it's not exactly a super clear optic when zoomed all the way in... That being said, after testing orientations for the clipping of the baffles, I found that setting them up so that the clips in the baffles alternate 90 degree perpendicular to each other gave me the best results. The top picture is without the suppressor. Upper right hand corner of the white backer is the grouping without it. second picture, on the right edge of the black circle is the grouping i got with the suppressor on and the baffles aligned so the clipping is alternating perpendicular to each other. Don't mind all the other shots on the pics, I was having some issues getting it to group, but realized that after a couple shots the can would loosen up a bit until I really tightened it down good by hand.

All that being said, I'm positive that If I threw one of my vortex optics on the gun it would shoot better groups strictly due to image clarity in the optic.

Attachments

• unsuppressed.jpg
    unsuppressed.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 111
  • suppressed.jpg
    suppressed.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 101
Looking good

I did a form1 several years ago with a similar brake setup from SD Tactical

I did a 9 inch titanium tube and did a blast chamber and drilled freeze plugs....shoots amazing

Its suppresses sound as well as a TBAC 30-p1 ,tone is a different. It shoots as accurate as I and my rifles shoot....... I use it on a .22LR, .223 Wylde and 6.5CM .....sub 0.5 MOA capable

Form 1's are great!

I’ve gotta do this. Any idea when the titanium cups will be back in stock?

Where were over 70 just a couple days ago. I called last time they were out of stock and they gave me a good eta

Interesting. Wonder who "quiet" it is compared to "real" cans.

Correct. I just got a Form1 back for an SBR last week. 41 days.
I have 2 form 1s that came back in less than 30 days and are ridic accurate and quiet. I can’t imagine paying/waiting for a manufactured can anymore. I spent a considerable amount of time researching and deciding how to drill/clip them and I have to say, I’m impressed. They are 100% titanium minus 2 blast baffles and they the POI shift is zero on heavy barrels and repeatable on thinner barrels. What’s not to love?!
Individual or Trust?

I checked out solvent traps direct, looks an awfully lot like SD tactical ?

I wrote down what they get from SDTA. I don’t remember off the top of my head though

Excellent info ! ! !

Thank you to all those who comtributed

I decided to shave a little weight of the end cap yesterday. Went from 41 grams to 25.
96F6715A-096F-43F5-B7D2-5B9079E5CBEA.jpeg
93E93C9C-9DA2-438C-904D-BE18E2E7ECCF.jpeg