• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Some Advice on a 6.5 Creedmoor MSR?

Saturday

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2020
I'm looking for a 6.5 Creedmoor MSR that I can hunt with as well as enjoy precision shooting with at a range. So it needs to not be too heavy. Obviously accurate and reliable. Trying to go midrange on price.

I'm looking at the Daniel Defense DD5 V5 Hunter. Any experience or advice about DD or that rifle in particular? Any alternative recommendations?

At 8.9 lbs that isn't too bad. But you could build your own on an Aero M5 receiver set with a Faxon lightweight barrel and be under 8 pounds for around half the price. Plus, you can always spend more on ultralight parts (lightweight BCG, carbon fiber rail, etc) to shave even more weight. Just depends how low you want to go, and whether or not you want to build it yourself.

Reactions: Saturday
I'm looking for a 6.5 Creedmoor MSR that I can hunt with as well as enjoy precision shooting with at a range. So it needs to not be too heavy. Obviously accurate and reliable. Trying to go midrange on price.

I'm looking at the Daniel Defense DD5 V5 Hunter. Any experience or advice about DD or that rifle in particular? Any alternative recommendations?

That would be my choice for a factory built 6.5 Creed.

Reactions: Saturday
Thank you guys for the input. I would rather not build it myself.

Any other opinions out there?