• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Some Hi-Power Love

ftchmup

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2008
Kenosha, WI
My father has a 60s hi-power and have always admired it. Currently in my safe, I thought of redoing it for CC and Tactical shoots. Couldn't get my self to violate it. Well I found one that fit the bill. An 80s Browning "truck gun" in ROUGH shape. Cleaned it up, called Novaks and C&S and roughly 2 weeks later here it is. Going today to function test it. Comments welcome.

Rough, rusty and rear site blade gone........

Parts somewhat cleaned up and preped for Duracoat and reassembly.

Slide back from Novaks', black rear and Green front. C&S springs, ambi saftey, hammer, sear. Opened the mag well and deleted the mag saftey. Duracoated by me.

Went for the tacticool look, though may take it apart and have it reblued at some point($$).

Re: Some Hi-Power Love

I love those BHP's and am glad to see that you got this one back into operation. I have a couple of old family heirlooms in the safe that I won't touch either. Even though they are the perfect base for a project.

Let us know how it shoots for you.

Wayne is the man for Hi Powers. His guys have done several different pistols for me. I never had a single complaint.
He is #1 in my books for custom handgun work. You made a excellent choice in restoring your HP.
Love your choice in grips too.

I've sold many guns over the years, the only one I've really regretted is a HP I sold a few years back. Man, those things feel great in the hand and shoot even better!

Congrats to the OP, beautiful pistol!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ftchmup</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My father has a 60s hi-power and have always admired it. Currently in my safe, I thought of redoing it for CC and Tactical shoots. Couldn't get my self to violate it. Well I found one that fit the bill. An 80s Browning "truck gun" in ROUGH shape. Cleaned it up, called Novaks and C&S and roughly 2 weeks later here it is. Going today to function test it. Comments welcome.

Went for the tacticool look, though may take it apart and have it reblued at some point($$). </div></div>

Dude, you gotta get some holster wear on that beauty FAST! You duracoated all the character off!
grin.gif

But seriously, nice save! Always love to see forgotten beauties come back to life......like finding a '69 Camaro in someone's barn......

Looks great and the High Power has been my favorite for years. It fits the side of my boys well in a holster and my go to pistol.

Ooooh, thats nice!

Love the way the feel in the hand, smooth to shoot.

I carried one while on duty overseas for 3 years, back then it was the best high cap 9mm around.

Carried it in condition one, had grip safety removed, (improved trigger pull by the way), and kept me out of a pine box on more than one occasion.

damn, now I want to start looking for another one...

unless you wanna sell that one:)

if you guys like BHPs look up a company called Arcus. I bought one for about 400 after taxes. they are super accurate and great firing sidearm.

I just traded a FN FNS 9 to a buddy of mine for a Charles Daly HP with XS sights and a spare slide and barrel plus a couple of mags... I can't wait to get it! There is just something about that design that is down right sexy.... After I get my 1 piece backstrap for my 1911 installed, my 2 perfect Brownings will b complete...

Had a St. Louis Hi Power and a KB copy that I formed a beaver tail grip onto the back strap cause I could'nt take the hammer bite. Also for me when shooting with a high grip and thumbs forward the slide lock gets in the way and can really mess with you at times.
But I do think they are a beautiful and classic pistol and you've done great work with this one!

I love seeing restorations like this. Is always amazes me what a real artist can do with so little to begin with.