• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Some people just don't get it.....

Re: Some people just don't get it.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FreshKills</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im with Jason on this. I would rather have 1 custom built surgeon topped with quality glass over 100 rugers! (notice the lower case r in ruger) old man ruger can get out of his grave and kiss my fucking ass! </div></div>

I've seen many a Ruger boltrifle ruffle the feathers of the Safe Queen Gang and shoot circles around same,much to their chagrin. These are the same folks who believe in UFO's,barrel break-in,Hubble-esque optics and think practice can be purchased.

Always fun to hand them their ass and make it look easy,if only because it is. </div></div>

Tell you what, let me know when you are going to be in Kali, I can set up a 1K shoot, bring those shooters and rugers that they shoot so well, Ill go head to head with any of them any time of the week. Fuck ruger as a company! and Fuck old man ruger, he can turn in his grave for all I care. That POS company should be boycotted by every gun lover and 2A supporter! </div></div>

I needn't assemble anybody but me and I do enjoy it when Kalifornian's start talking out their ass. You are so far in over your fucking head,they are going to have to pump daylight to you.

Kids.

USMCJ7

I can understand why you don't like Bill Ruger. I had real wish for a few M77's in my day but after owning a couple felt they lacked what I like in a rifle, tight accuracy. I have seen a few though that are very accurate.

As far as the Ruger letter and what got said on TV. He was going into self preservation mode. Afterall, the mini-14 was the most popular semi-auto rifle on the market at the time. It was also involved in several incidents. It kinda helps to downplay stuff like that.
But also, I've got issues with the NRA, Remington, Winchester, S&W, and a few other gun companies/pro-gun entities/gov't agencies as well. But I don't boycott them. That's only giving the anti's what they want. Not saying you gotta own a Ruger, because I've had it be a crapshoot as to whether or not they are as accurate as I like. But don't burn them in effigy. One day you may need one.

Edit:

To the original thread. You're not crazy. You own what you want. I've seen people pay a lot more for what I consider a lot less in value. That's their choice. You made yours. Your GTG. I like having historical stuff and accurate stuff. I can't bring myself to own 'blasters'. Because I know I can't afford the ammo I'd be going through
wink.gif
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FreshKills</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FreshKills</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im with Jason on this. I would rather have 1 custom built surgeon topped with quality glass over 100 rugers! (notice the lower case r in ruger) old man ruger can get out of his grave and kiss my fucking ass! </div></div>

I've seen many a Ruger boltrifle ruffle the feathers of the Safe Queen Gang and shoot circles around same,much to their chagrin. These are the same folks who believe in UFO's,barrel break-in,Hubble-esque optics and think practice can be purchased.

Always fun to hand them their ass and make it look easy,if only because it is. </div></div>

Tell you what, let me know when you are going to be in Kali, I can set up a 1K shoot, bring those shooters and rugers that they shoot so well, Ill go head to head with any of them any time of the week. Fuck ruger as a company! and Fuck old man ruger, he can turn in his grave for all I care. That POS company should be boycotted by every gun lover and 2A supporter! </div></div>

I needn't assemble anybody but me and I do enjoy it when Kalifornian's start talking out their ass. You are so far in over your fucking head,they are going to have to pump daylight to you.

Kids. </div></div>

Then by all means, let me know when you are in Kali and I will set it up. Then we will see if Im talking out of my ass. That POS company couldnt make a quality firearm if their life depended on it. They are all about dropping quality in favor of increasing their profit margin. A scary though when it involves guns. To each his own, I have never and will never own anything they make.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M@D-M@X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
costanzaPopcorn.gif
</div></div>

Love the machine-gun popcorn!

I'll just have to make some tonight and sit back and enjoy this thread.

Im a believer in the 5 caliber rule, aside from that I have a few pieces that are "collection" pieces I don't shoot. These have been handed down to me or picked up by chance from friends. can you have TO MANY firearms? Ask me if you could have TO MANY motorcycles? Everyone has a favorite!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We all have different theories on guns and what's needed.

I'm into having a few very nice rifles with very nice optics, the thought of having a hundred guns doesn't interest me in the least if they are Savages and Rugers. There's just not enough time in my life to shoot them all and I see no need to have guns that never leave the safe. I'd take 5 or so Surgeons with Hensoldts any day over 100 others.

So, in short, we're all crazy. </div></div>
+1

Few things as "compelling" as someone waxing eloquent on the things they've never seen or done,as a means of extrapolation. Is there no end to you do-nothin' masses,who solely talk out your collective asses about things only realized by your vivid imaginations?

The only thing you've ever shot is your mouth and you wish to quantify that by living in kalifornia? Humor that many levels deep,rates it's own Sitcom...for the obvious reasons.

Kids.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sapper524</div><div class="ubbcode-body">can you have TO MANY firearms? Ask me if you could have TO MANY motorcycles? Everyone has a favorite! </div></div>

Wiser words have never been said!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USMCJ7

I can understand why you don't like Bill Ruger. </div></div>

I agree with this,
however,
I retubed a MKII for a buddy, cause he loves them,
and stoned the trigger a little,

the gun is a hammer.....

and if money was no object, I'd own two of every gun ever made....
grin.gif

I really dont see why the agressive bashing of Ruger is needed. Personal experience I have is that they make good stuff. I owned 2 of their pistols, both shot lights out, never had an issue, I sighted in an M77 .243 that put 5 shots into a half inch, the only negative experience I have is with the Mini 14 my department uses. But I dont blame the quality of the rifle for that. We put thousands of rounds through them each year, they look like a patchwork quilt from parts getting replaced, and they do not maintain range weapons too well. But I still qualify at 100 yds, 100% everytime.

They do not specialize in tactical precision rifles. They make a hell of a pistol whether semi-auto or revolver, and a lot of guys I know love their bolt rifles for hunting. They arent pretty, and not safe queens, but they are affordable, and do the job.

Because the only trigeer time she's had,was when she's sleeping.

Such "experience" do tend to skew realities.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really dont see why the agressive bashing of Ruger is needed. Personal experience I have is that they make good stuff. </div></div>

Did you not read the quote from Bill Ruger? I don't need guns made by someone who wants to further erode the 2nd amendment.

And fuck Robinson Arms too. They supported the AWB signing Romney, I assume because they are both Mormon.

I am all for a person having as many guns as they want. The more law abiding citizens that are armed, the better as far as I am concerned.

That said, I think I am just about the opposite of you. I have zero interest in owning 100 plain jane guns just for the sake of owning a large quantity. I dont have time to shoot 100 guns, much less to maintain them as well as having space to store them all.

I cant stand duplication. By that I mean more than one gun that is designed to do the same thing as a dozen others in my collection. There are too many cool guns out there that I dont own for me to have 10-12 that are basically the same.

I also have very little interest in random, "ordinary" guns. My taste in guns far outweighs my ability to fund what I want.

I tend to trade around and try out a lot of guns, but very few end up being keepers. At any given time, I usually have fewer than 8-10 guns in the house. Some are guns that I have had for years and will likely never move. Some are stuff I have recently bought or (more likely) traded for. If I absolutely love them, I will keep them, if not, there are definitely other high end weapons out there that I will trade in a heartbeat to acquire.

Buy what you desire and can afford. Unless they are just junk, you will not lose much if you ever sell them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FreshKills</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Few things as "compelling" as someone waxing eloquent on the things they've never seen or done,as a means of extrapolation. Is there no end to you do-nothin' masses,who solely talk out your collective asses about things only realized by your vivid imaginations?

The only thing you've ever shot is your mouth and you wish to quantify that by living in kalifornia? Humor that many levels deep,rates it's own Sitcom...for the obvious reasons.

Kids.

</div></div>

I see you are a relative newbie. It appears to me that you have read the work of "Nobody" here on the Hide. Either the real Nobody, or one of his aliases after his being booted.

At least I hope you are only a fraud trying to copy his manner of speech. Because if you are really another one of Nobody's AKA's, your game has really slipped.

You have spouted off a decades worth of ignorance in a week. And I have only seen your posts in this thread. You suck bro.

I like Bill Ruger simply because he copied my favorite 'polished turd': The Mauser.

My fingers are crossed in the eager anticipation that you are dumb enough to take exception.

But alas,even you are smarter than that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im with Jason on this. I would rather have 1 custom built surgeon topped with quality glass over 100 rugers! (notice the lower case r in ruger) old man ruger can get out of his grave and kiss my fucking ass! </div></div>

+1.

In what chambering,how configured and for what purpose(s)?

The number of firearms you really (practically) <span style="text-decoration: underline">need</span> is probably less than ten even taking "specialization" into account (e.g. long-range sniper rifle, tactical/battle rifle, shotgun, sidearm, hunting rifles for different prey, etc). On the other hand - how many of us live strictly by what we <span style="text-decoration: underline">need</span> rather than want, enjoy, etc - and why should we? Thankfully we're not living in a true Marxist state where only your "approved" needs are to be satisfied. Consider the same criteria applied to other hobbies, collecting in particular - does a coin or postage stamps collector really need his collection? Or does a person really need all the money he has in the bank?
smile.gif

In short, enjoy your hobby and your collection!

We're only allowed to have 5 in total here (NL), so just enjoy them wether it is 100 or only 2. At least you have the choice.

I basically bought and shot what I could afford to buy and feed.Being a southpaw,I was limited to buying right handed rifles,until I could afford Lefty firearms.Today I went to the 5 stand range with a 100 year old winchester 1897 12 ga.I found it in an attic of a customers house.Last time it saw daylight was 53 years ago.It ain't the pretty,but it's a piece of history,with a good story behind it.
I love almost any firearm and have stainless and blued rigs at hand,depending on the weather conditions I might encounter.Going sheep hunting ? Try carrying around that heavy barrelled pea shooter all day.Bear country ? That 6.5 x 20 scoped,29" barrelled rifle will make a good walking stick and will be all but useless after a day in the field with me.You ever see a grown man cry after seeing his grade 5 european walnut stocked weatherby 300 mag with an S+B scope,tumble down a rock face ? It aint pretty.I have alot of rifles,shotguns,handguns,bow,muzzleloaders and almost everything in between,but I don't look down on a shooter,or snub them because of the cost of the firearm he or she owns.I was there myself not too long ago.
STEVE

I'm a Model 12 Man,though I can plead guilty to knocking flocks out of the sky with a 97 and remain a fan of no trigger disconnect on trombones.

When pinching pennies,used goods of repute,trump a NIB POS. It also trumps when the coffers are full.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Did you not read the quote from Bill Ruger? I don't need guns made by someone who wants to further erode the 2nd amendment.

And fuck Robinson Arms too. They supported the AWB signing Romney, I assume because they are both Mormon. </div></div>

Yeah, and they can have a voice at whatever they feel is necessary. Like you, they have a right to an opinion. If Bill Ruger called my wife a whore and said my kid was ugly it wouldnt change the fact that they make decent firearms. Till they sign the deeds of their companies over to the anti's then its all just hot air to me. And as long as there is dollars to be made, they will stay in buisness.

Also, from what I have read, when Bill Ruger died in 2002, followed by the expiration of the AWB in 2004, it seems Sturm Ruger has been trying to right itself by un-doing a lot of what Bill Ruger had did.

it cracks me up that people spew bile toward a line of guns based on politics, but i've yet to see a post about boycotting AKs.

hhmmm...

Some people collect paintings, others collect rare cars, still oters collect stamps. Others collect rare firearms. I collect military weapons some of which run into 5 figures. Why, because I want to. I also like and shoot quality rifles with expensive optics which I do shoot, as opposed to the miltary weapons which I rarely shoot. To me the miltary weapons are a piece of history and I enjoy just having them to look at and fondle even if I don't shoot them. I would never consider shooting my mint, all matching G41M or my mint 276 Pedersen. My M1 or Krag sometimes. Their cost doesn't interfere with my retire funds, vacation funds or any other financial aspect of my families life. AS they say different strokes for different folks. Their are many ways to enjoy ones various hobbies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1sikpupi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it cracks me up that people spew bile toward a line of guns based on politics, but i've yet to see a post about boycotting AKs.

hhmmm...

</div></div>

Because that is sort of like a capitalist victory. They were communist...now we can buy and sell them. <span style="color: #3366FF">edit: and shoot communists with them</span>
wink.gif

I do agree with there btw.

USMCj... he will never show. all blow no go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FreshKills</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FreshKills</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im with Jason on this. I would rather have 1 custom built surgeon topped with quality glass over 100 rugers! (notice the lower case r in ruger) old man ruger can get out of his grave and kiss my fucking ass! </div></div>

Kids. </div></div>

"Top it sharpie"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FreshKills</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cyber hanky to you. </div></div>