• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Some shop work I thought I would share

dakor

Private
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2007
ND
Here are a couple things that I have worked on in the shop that I thought I would share. First is a Remington 700 action that I trued up for a build I am doing.
Here is what it looked like when I pulled the Factory barrel off.
Rem_700_Before_1.JPG

Here it is in the Truing Fixture.

Rem_700_Before_2.JPG

I recut the Action Face, Locking Lug Area, Cleaned up the Threads with a Tap and Lapped the bolt.

Trued_Rem_700_1.JPG

Here is a 6.5 Creedmoor I built for a customer.

The specs are A Stiller Predator Action, Brux #3 8.5 Twist Barrel Finished at 24 inch’s, Battle Arms Bottom Metal, and A McMillian Stock that I glass Bedded in Devcon.

Here are some pictures of the rifle.

6_5_Creedmoor.jpg

Creedmoor_2.JPG

Creedmoor_3.JPG

Creedmoor_4.JPG

Barrel_stamp_2.jpg

Creedmoor_6.JPG

I test fired the rifle at 100 yards with Some Hornady Factory A-max ammo. Here are shots #4, #5, & #6 out of the rifle. It would have been nice if they all landed in the same hole but with Factory ammo and only having 6 shots through the rifle I will take it. I sent the customer the target and he was happy with the results and said I did not need to do anymore test firing. The customer picked the rifle up yesterday and he is supposed to shoot in the next couple of days and update me with his results.

6_5_Creedmoor_target.jpg

Works looks good man! Could I ask what tool you use for facing the lugs on the action?

Thank you. For facing the lug area I used a Arthur R Warner HSS 3/8 inch (C) boring bar.

Thank you. I was giving a range report the other day. So far the gentleman that owns the rifle is happy with how it shoots.

Barrel_stamp_2.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Nice shoes;)

The rest of the work is awesome too, just had to bust yer chops:)

[/QUOTE]

Nice shoes;)

The rest of the work is awesome too, just had to bust yer chops:)[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I just picked them up and they match most of my outfits I wear in the shop. :)