• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Some user names should be off limits

That name is taken already...
dan-crenshaw-1800.jpg

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

1549043004981.png

So I wanted to think about this a little before responding as I tend to speak before I think from time to time.

My screen name is simply the same one I use on two other forums so it was chosen here for simplicity's sake.

The first time I chose it was because I had, like many others, developed an interest in rifle skills beyond 100 yards. I had recently watched a documentary on CH and thought I liked what I saw. I was impressed by his skills, his military service to his country (my father was a Marine), his accomplishments, and his determination. I did not, and do not, want to purvey the assumption that I have all his skills and attributes, but more so that I wish I did possess his qualities. I am not new to firearms but in the arena of "precision shooting and reloading" I'm just about at ground zero. I have tons of interest, support our 2nd amendment rights, and have joined multiple forums to broaden the informational perspectives which I have access to.

Now maybe I wasn't thinking 4 dimensionally when I joined a forum named "Sniper's Hide" and choosing the name I did. I suppose I assumed that this would be another group of patriotic shooters looking to always increase their skill sets and knowledge base to strive to improve to ever more accurate shooting. I didn't expect to come here finding thread after thread with descriptions of how to better stalk human targets, better ways to make homemade ghillie suits from everyday materials, and posts of sniper exploits against innocent people. I assumed this would be another group focused on the general aspects of rifle accuracy, precision, general shooting skills, and reloading prowess.

Now if I had chosen a screen name like "Ituchesyungboys69" or "Ihatephukinguns419" then I would've expected some sort of irritation and backlash from members here. I expected to try and learn and communicate with other members to learn, grow, and maybe even occasionally make a positive contribution here, even with my unabashed lack of knowledge and experience. I though we'd all be rowing in the same direction here.

If my chosen name is cause for that much aggravation here, you can decide for me a course of action from 3 options. 1, you tell me to piss off and I shouldn't have ever logged on here with a name like that. 2, admins on here are welcome to choose, or ask me to choose another name, and I will do so, or 3, we can all move on with the name I have chosen.

I don't want to continue here if there's going to be some sort of bias when I ask for advice, offer to purchase items in the classifieds, or anything else along those lines. No one on any of the other forums has made any comments that my identity is offensive and I was a little shocked that that's what's happening here. I'll let you folks decide my fate.
Take a breath, relax and obtain some thicker skin....

R

STFU and go to your corner, contemplate all the thin skinned leather necks, you have triggered even though Hathcock would probably find it funny if he was still with us,,, unless you are a total douchebag. Just stfu while everyone only hates you a little..

So I wanted to think about this a little before responding as I tend to speak before I think from time to time.

My screen name is simply the same one I use on two other forums so it was chosen here for simplicity's sake.

The first time I chose it was because I had, like many others, developed an interest in rifle skills beyond 100 yards. I had recently watched a documentary on CH and thought I liked what I saw. I was impressed by his skills, his military service to his country (my father was a Marine), his accomplishments, and his determination. I did not, and do not, want to purvey the assumption that I have all his skills and attributes, but more so that I wish I did possess his qualities. I am not new to firearms but in the arena of "precision shooting and reloading" I'm just about at ground zero. I have tons of interest, support our 2nd amendment rights, and have joined multiple forums to broaden the informational perspectives which I have access to.

Now maybe I wasn't thinking 4 dimensionally when I joined a forum named "Sniper's Hide" and choosing the name I did. I suppose I assumed that this would be another group of patriotic shooters looking to always increase their skill sets and knowledge base to strive to improve to ever more accurate shooting. I didn't expect to come here finding thread after thread with descriptions of how to better stalk human targets, better ways to make homemade ghillie suits from everyday materials, and posts of sniper exploits against innocent people. I assumed this would be another group focused on the general aspects of rifle accuracy, precision, general shooting skills, and reloading prowess.

Now if I had chosen a screen name like "Ituchesyungboys69" or "Ihatephukinguns419" then I would've expected some sort of irritation and backlash from members here. I expected to try and learn and communicate with other members to learn, grow, and maybe even occasionally make a positive contribution here, even with my unabashed lack of knowledge and experience. I though we'd all be rowing in the same direction here.

If my chosen name is cause for that much aggravation here, you can decide for me a course of action from 3 options. 1, you tell me to piss off and I shouldn't have ever logged on here with a name like that. 2, admins on here are welcome to choose, or ask me to choose another name, and I will do so, or 3, we can all move on with the name I have chosen.

I don't want to continue here if there's going to be some sort of bias when I ask for advice, offer to purchase items in the classifieds, or anything else along those lines. No one on any of the other forums has made any comments that my identity is offensive and I was a little shocked that that's what's happening here. I'll let you folks decide my fate.

Normally I don't wade into too many threads like these, but with this attitude, you'll go FAR here... Good job!

Bah! Stick around. I'm new here, too. Yeah... some razzing and pointed comments will happen. But, overall, I have found it to be an EXCELLENT forum (and I've been on many). I've learned a TON. I highly recommend signing up for the Online Training section (only $15 / month, cancel at any time).

But, yeah... when I saw your screen name, I thought, "Oh boy... get the popcorn!" I was not "offended," nor did I assume anything about you (don't know you). But, I knew it would set you up for some shit! LOL!

I like the new name, too! ;) Welcome, from one new guy to another!

Hey Carlos, it’s nothing personal man! We all get our ass handed to us and humiliated on here from time to time! You simply made a mistake as we all do. Hell, our commander on here even gets ragged about being a dwarf. He takes it In stride and laughs about it! Learn to do the same and you will be fine here! We all have taken our lumps. Learn some humility. These are the best group of guys with information, funny, cynical, and Dow right deplorable! I wouldn’t have it any other way!

I think he might be a little bitch

Hey Carlos, it’s nothing personal man! We all get our ass handed to us and humiliated on here from time to time! You simply made a mistake as we all do. Hell, our commander on here even gets ragged about being a dwarf. He takes it In stride and laughs about it! Learn to do the same and you will be fine here! We all have taken our lumps. Learn some humility. These are the best group of guys with information, funny, cynical, and Dow right deplorable! I wouldn’t have it any other way!

Thank GOD, I just named my self after the marking on the friggin rifle that led me down this rabbit hole! Thanks for the knowledge shared. Guy had no idea what he was in for with that name. Funny shit.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country

Calling bullshit on that one. I've been here for a few years and no one has ever given me any shit.

1549051767412.png

Don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I been here for almost 13 years and never once did I get my ass handed to me or humiliated. :cool:

Too long, didn't read.

Suck it up buttercup, you'll be fine.

Jesus is a common name in a lotta places
Mexico maybe?
Simo (Serbian: Симо) can be a Finnish given name (equivalent to Simon) or a Serbian male ... Simo Halonen, Finnish biathlete in the 1970s; Simo Häyhä (1905-2002), Finnish sniper in the Winter War.

Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie

Look Stacy, you failed to realize you were good till ya went all Mein Kampf on us. And I mean that literally and figuratively. When you said you use that handle on other forums and nobody called you out, shouldn't that kinda tell ya something about them folks and these folks? Yes. Yes it should is the correct answer.

Carry on smartly and post up some periodic Cat Gifs and you'll be fine. ;)

?

It's not that I've been avoiding this thread. I've just been a bit overwhelmed looking for a suitable reaction.

If this were a ride at a park, i think I'd call it the "Carlos Danger Zone."