• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Some what new to Long range shooting, man this get addicting fast.

Bigrederic

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2018
Petersburg Alaska
I am longtime pistol and AR shooter/collector that was itching to try long range. I looked at all kinds of rifles almost all of them being out of the box ( LTRs, Savage, Tikka ect.) for about a year or so... I ended up buying my Armalite AR-10 a Mark4 and started plinking away my .308 supply . I ended up retiring from he USCG and taking a job at a small SE Alaska police department, I have always loved police work. And then fast forward a few months to having a opportunity to buy a Kimber Advanced Tactical .308 from my new LT at the Police department.

Well I was amazed with the rifles capabilities, it has become one of my favorite guns I have ever owned. It has been a great learning tool, it came with a Vortex PST in MOA, but it was a great learning tool none the less. Fast forward around 18 months and I have shot this gun out to 1300+ yrds with positive results, only to watch the guys I shoot with make impacts at 1800.

I have felt out gunned for a while, until this last few weeks, when the pieces started rolling in, remember this expensive thing I talked about. Well I pulled the trigger and decided a new rifle was needed, so I now have a DMR machined Bighorn TL3, Bartlin Barreled action chambered in 6.5PRC set in a KMW Sentinel. I ended up ordering 2 Razors in EBR7c only to have them get back ordered for a month, so I swapped then out for S&B PMII's. I rignnaly ordered 2 4001 Spuhr's but found out last night while mounting up scopes that the Kimber may have a nice 20 MOA rail, but it isn't a full rail that accepts the Spuhr. So now I just have to wait another week or so to mount up the other PMII on the Kimber and give it a much deserved upgrade...

This is a expensive hobby, but man it is fun. Pics to follow when I get the other scope mounted up.

Well you went straight to the top shelf for all those components. Get a good smith and you will be shooting with your friends no problem.

Here is the new rifle... and a few of the guns that got me started....

And a few of the other rifles that got this started...

And one of my buddies rifles that kicked this addiction into overdrive.