• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Somebody is ready for deer season....

supercorndogs

Ham Fisted Gorilla
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2014
Colorado
Sad part is, this guy probably kills a deer every year. I am not even sure why I bring targets to the public range, there are always some really tricky targets left, that no-one could hit. In his defense, he did get the cardboard twice. This is at the 100y range. LOL.
IMG_0333.JPG

Reactions: Bender
I avoid gun ranges the month of November and typically weekends in October. All the questions about why are you shooting on the ground, isn't that suppressor illegal, are you a sniper, were you in the military, why do you turn those knobs on your scope? It gets old quick.

Last edited:
Last time I was at a public range near deer season there was a fatass shooting from a bench at the 50 yd line. He was so fat he barely fit between the bench seat and bench. He sat strait up with a long bipod extended all the way. He got'er dialed in to about pieplate at 50 and was proud.

Out here in populace-minimus I usually get the public range all to myself. Or maybe Jerry Lewis will show and entertain me for a little bit.

If you think rifle ranges are retarded this time of the year (and they are); go to a skeet, trap, or sporting clays ground......

I was at a public range one time there was this guy there with his rifle scope mounted backwards so I asked him hey man what's up with your scope mounted backwards he responded oh is it backwards I was wondering why the targets look further away......lol

I've learned to bite my tongue......

I avoid gun ranges the month of November and typically weekends in October. All the questions about why are you shooting on the ground, isn't that suppressor illegal, are you a sniper, were you in the military, why do you turn those knobs on your scope? It gets old quick.

While I was in the army I never had any combat tours or anything more dangerous than a weekend of debauchery in Nurnberg, but after a few trips to the ASC range in Houston before rifle season I considered myself a combat survivor ??
The range officers there at that time of year and I'm sure they go through quite a few most likely end up with PTSD dealing with some of the clowns that show up.

Yeah, I hear you. Try it wearing my cover some time, idiot once-a-year Bubba shooters or not. Good times.

I belong to a few private ranges with quite a few members. The last time I was at the range, I was shooting prone with my Anschutz 64MPR in an MDT chassis. To a neophyte, the Vortex scope with the sunshade looks really huge.

Anyway, I was hitting a golf ball tethered to a target frame at 100 yards quite a bit. I don't like to brag but the rifle makes shooting golf balls really boring. I need to switch to a smaller target.

Anyway, after hitting the golf ball about a dozen times, I got up to stretch. The bystanders asked me what I did when I was in the Army!

I had not said anything to them previously about my military experience but later thought that my reply should have been that I was a PLO (Permanent Latrine Orderly):ROFLMAO:

The only problem I have ever experienced at a range recently was when I showed up to shoot at one of the clubs, and another member, told me that he did not want me shooting at the range while he was there. There are several shooting stations at a big bench. He was the only shooter at that range and there was plenty of room for both of us.

Without hesitation he told me that he never hunts or shoots with anyone he doesn't know. He told me that I had to leave and come come back in 45 minutes after he was done.

I came close to asking him if his rifle barrel was hot cause I could wait for it to cool off before I stuck it up his ass. However, I got some officers of the club involved to tell Mr. Congeniality that he does not have a monopoly on the range.

After they talked with him I let him finish shooting by himself. I will make it a point to stay away from him if he's at the range again cause I have no idea what sort of story he will make up about me to get me in trouble or something worse.

I belong to a few private ranges with quite a few members. The last time I was at the range, I was shooting prone with my Anschutz 64MPR in an MDT chassis. To a neophyte, the Vortex scope with the sunshade looks really huge.

Anyway, I was hitting a golf ball tethered to a target frame at 100 yards quite a bit. I don't like to brag but the rifle makes shooting golf balls really boring. I need to switch to a smaller target.

Anyway, after hitting the golf ball about a dozen times, I got up to stretch. The bystanders asked me what I did when I was in the Army!

I had not said anything to them previously about my military experience but later thought that my reply should have been that I was a PLO (Permanent Latrine Orderly):ROFLMAO:

The only problem I have ever experienced at a range recently was when I showed up to shoot at one of the clubs, and another member, told me that he did not want me shooting at the range while he was there. There are several shooting stations at a big bench. He was the only shooter at that range and there was plenty of room for both of us.

Without hesitation he told me that he never hunts or shoots with anyone he doesn't know. He told me that I had to leave and come come back in 45 minutes after he was done.

I came close to asking him if his rifle barrel was hot cause I could wait for it to cool off before I stuck it up his ass. However, I got some officers of the club involved to tell Mr. Congeniality that he does not have a monopoly on the range.

After they talked with him I let him finish shooting by himself. I will make it a point to stay away from him if he's at the range again cause I have no idea what sort of story he will make up about me to get me in trouble or something worse.

WHAAAAAAAAAT?

A few months ago I would have told him straight up to go fuck himself, but I'm trying to better myself. I think now I would have just laughed at him and plopped my shit right next to his.

Go into a gun store a few days before season and observe how many are in there getting their rifles bore sighted so they're ready to go hunting. Even Jim Shockey runs an ad inferring that checking your zero with a laser bore sighter after some travel is a good way to make sure it's still zeroed.

WHAAAAAAAAAT?

A few months ago I would have told him straight up to go fuck himself, but I'm trying to better myself. I think now I would have just laughed at him and plopped my shit right next to his.

I was ready to do that but in this day and age, an idiot like that could do something despicable like call 911 and allege that I threatened him. Sure it's one person's word against the other but the hassle you get into with the courts is not worth it.

Another thing to consider is that an idiot like that might decide to shoot you then claim that you threatened him with a gun.

I talked to a few other members about the incident. None of them knew the idiot but concurred that I had done the right thing by getting the officers of the club involved.

It's not worth it to be the subject of a story on the 11:00 O'clock news (dead or alive).

WHAAAAAAAAAT?

Big Magnum with Terminator brake gives me plenty of elbow room on either side : ) . There is often a high
level of fuckwittery at public ranges, I strongly suggest you see it as a comic opportunity gentlemen. Don’t
get mad, get a few laughs in. Doing dot drills on the scoring ring numbers on bubbas target never gets old.

I love observing people at the range. you just have to laugh because it doesnt make any sense how some of these people have made it this far in their life without shooting themselves or just walking into on coming traffic.

I saw a guy struggle for 30 mins because he couldn't get the gun sighted in. after every shot, he would change between resting the stock on the front bag to resting the barrel on the bag. I finally told him to just rest the stock on the bag and not the barrel. 3 shots later, all grouped together. reason I waited so long to tell him, his cussing fits were hilarious.

Sad part is, this guy probably kills a deer every year. I am not even sure why I bring targets to the public range, there are always some really tricky targets left, that no-one could hit. In his defense, he did get the cardboard twice. This is at the 100y range. LOL.
View attachment 6964211
Even lowlight would be impressed with this target!???

I love observing people at the range. you just have to laugh because it doesnt make any sense how some of these people have made it this far in their life without shooting themselves or just walking into on coming traffic.

I saw a guy struggle for 30 mins because he couldn't get the gun sighted in. after every shot, he would change between resting the stock on the front bag to resting the barrel on the bag. I finally told him to just rest the stock on the bag and not the barrel. 3 shots later, all grouped together. reason I waited so long to tell him, his cussing fits were hilarious.

I like to say, "its amazing they could figure out which end of the crack pipe to lite."

Reactions: BearNaked
Go into a gun store a few days before season and observe how many are in there getting their rifles bore sighted so they're ready to go hunting. Even Jim Shockey runs an ad inferring that checking your zero with a laser bore sighter after some travel is a good way to make sure it's still zeroed.
I carried a guy and his kid deer hunting one time. His son missed 5 deer in one evening. After the hunt I asked his dad if that gun was zeroed. He said yes, academy sports had boresighted it!????

When someone is having trouble hitting the target, whether it's a rifle or handgun, I like asking them if I could try it.

Then I like seeing the look on their face when I hit the bulls-eye.

I look young for my age. I looked like I was 12 until I turned 35. With that said, there were always plenty of old guys (even people my age) that assumed I was just a kid that were always ready to give me advice. I'm always ready to learn something new and listen to anyone that will pass on a good tip.

However, it got really old when somebody assumed that I was a new kid on the block. I would not say anything but just shoot. When they saw how many rounds were in the black, that's when the advice stopped coming.

Reactions: RSCOT
I like going to public ranges the 2 weeks before deer season. Over the years I've filled several 5 gal. buckets with range brass. Keep all the .223/5.56 and scrap out the rest @ $1.40 a lb. Last 500 ct. box of 175 SMK's was funded by scrap brass.

There's been a few times when a gaggle of once a year shooters have caught me at a range. I make it a point to politely walk over and tell them I'm going downrange to pull my targets before they get set up. Then I leave. There's been to many muzzles pointed in my direction by unwitting deer slayers, sticking around is not worth the risk.

I like going to public ranges the 2 weeks before deer season. Over the years I've filled several 5 gal. buckets with range brass. Keep all the .223/5.56 and scrap out the rest @ $1.40 a lb. Last 500 ct. box of 175 SMK's was funded by scrap brass.

There's been a few times when a gaggle of once a year shooters have caught me at a range. I make it a point to politely walk over and tell them I'm going downrange to pull my targets before they get set up. Then I leave. There's been to many muzzles pointed in my direction by unwitting deer slayers, sticking around is not worth the risk.

The DOW put up signs here that you will get a ticket of glittering if you leave brass. Really slammed the door on my collection. After the local PD would shoot. I would go out and fill 5 gal buckets. Now I am lucky if I get 5 or 10 pieces.

Ticket for glittering..LOL. That would be much worse than the ticket for littering they give.:LOL:

Reactions: Nodakplowboy
Amongst my shooting friends, the 100 yard general-purpose range at our private club is know as the chode range.
Only made better now that we have video cameras monitoring the line from several angles.
The annual hunter sight in days are open to the public and are a real hoot.

LOL so damned true

I used to try to help. Now I just mind my own business and laugh inside. That is until I get muzzled. Then I'm not so nice.

Reactions: BearNaked
My experiences with once a year shooters at ranges is why I no longer hunt during rifle season. Yikes.
I used to go out during rifle season in Kansas because I could drive 1 hr out of Wichita and walk so many public hunting areas all by myself and hardly ever see another person.

Here in Ohio......FUCK NO

Probably 15yrs ago I was at a public range shooting. Just me and one other guy. He's got a couple of old mil-surp of some types 'working on a load'. He'd shoot, beat on the bolt and ramming a cleaning rod down the barrel trying to get it open. He explained to me that he probably needed to work the load DOWN a little more. He assured me it wasn't dangerous because those old military rifles were tougher than commercial and made to take it. I was done.

Amongst my shooting friends, the 100 yard general-purpose range at our private club is know as the chode range.
Only made better now that we have video cameras monitoring the line from several angles.
The annual hunter sight in days are open to the public and are a real hoot.

Drrc?

Probably 15yrs ago I was at a public range shooting. Just me and one other guy. He's got a couple of old mil-surp of some types 'working on a load'. He'd shoot, beat on the bolt and ramming a cleaning rod down the barrel trying to get it open. He explained to me that he probably needed to work the load DOWN a little more. He assured me it wasn't dangerous because those old military rifles were tougher than commercial and made to take it. I was done.

LOL...."They don't make them like they use to." - My favorite FUDD comment.

338 under a covered bench with brake.
Guy is set up at 100.
Figured may be sighting in scope.
100 rounds later calls it a day.

R

Nothing like sighting in a target rifle at 100yds and see all these guys 12 MOA groups.

Most have no idea of the cold bore concept and chase their POI with a hot barrel. Not to mention pencil profile and 5 round strings minimum.
I see this so many times and have tried to explain it to guys that I know have hunted for many years. They will burn up 2-3 boxes of hunting ammo chasing there hot barrel POI then they will eventually get lucky and hit dead center then be like "wow this rife is dead on now no way I could possibly miss time to pack up and call it good" Then I hear them say man I don't know how I missed last time I was at the range it was dead on.......LOL

Reactions: equilibrium
I remember once at a public range where I was shooting my Daisy Legacy at the 100 yard range back when I was like 13 or 14 and during the cease fire when we checked out targets, I commented how bad my groups were and saying it looked more like a shotgun patterning target than a rifle and the guys next to me checking their targets couldn't stop laughing.

Should have told him, that you didnt like shooting around people you dont know as well. And that he can go grab his targets, youre going to go ahead and setup your rifle.

I used to go out during rifle season in Kansas because I could drive 1 hr out of Wichita and walk so many public hunting areas all by myself and hardly ever see another person.

Here in Ohio......FUCK NO

What part? SE Ohio here. Woods are blaze orange everywhere you look.

Should have told him, that you didnt like shooting around people you dont know as well. And that he can go grab his targets, youre going to go ahead and setup your rifle.

I wanted to tell him a lot of things but didn't want to have to resort to physical measures with a jerk like that.

Morally, I would not have had a problem with forcing the situation but if it gets to the point when either fists or bullets are flying that's when the law gets involved.

Sometimes, cops, judges and juries can be pretty stupid when it comes to figuring out who was at fault. I don't want to end up on the wrong side of an idiot wearing a badge, a black robe or seated in a jury box.

I've done my share of making wannabe tough guys and idiots back down and pee their pants when I was younger. However, it's a different era with plenty of people picking up their cell phones, calling law enforcement and making up fairy tales to get you thrown in jail.

You have no idea how much I wanted to stick his rifle up his ass but my parents always told me that discretion was the better part of valor. It's not worth one minute behind bars cause of jerks like that.

Sometimes figuring out how to use your phone as an audio recorder is very helpful.

Sometimes figuring out how to use your phone as an audio recorder is very helpful.

I've been there and done that. Sometimes an idiot judge will say something like, "I don't want to take up the court's time by listening to this..."

I've submitted video and audio evidence that the idiot judge say they watched or listened to in their chambers and it didn't make any difference.

Taking up the "court's time" was the lamest excuse, cause if the judge was listening to or watching the evidence in their chambers then they were still taking up time. So it doesn't matter whether they are reviewing the evidence in chambers or open court.

The fact is that the idiot judge never reviewed the evidence because her mind was made up.

Jury trials are different. You can't send the recording home with a juror to review it later.

I share that because some folks have no idea how much power are in the hands of idiots wearing black robes. If you don't believe that, then why are there still death row inmates who get their convictions overturned because of judicial or prosecutor misconduct?

Even if I were to win in court, there is still the cost of aggravation, stress, time and LOTS of attorney fees that you never get back.

Idiots aren't worth it. Still, recording with a smart phone is still a good idea. You just can't count on it not getting destroyed or lost in the property room while you are in jail.

Property Room Officer: "Mr. Jones, you are free to go. Just sign this release and you can get your belongings back."

Mr. Jones: "Thank you but where is my cell phone?"

Property Room Officer: "You didn't have a cell phone with you when you were brought here."

Mr. Jones: "&%^@#$%!"

I used to believe being right put me on the right side of the law.