• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Someone build this Harris bipod mount for me!

Patrick_S

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2006
Lunenburg, VT
...not really
I was laying in bed, couldnt sleep and thought about those "bulpup" precision rifles(DTA) and this popped into my head:
If you put a Harris on it, when folded it would stick out past the forearm and bbl. on the shorter(est) barreled ones. Wouldnt it be nice for portability reasons if it did not?

Someone need to make a Harris mount that that could rotate at least 180deg. but be pretty solid when needed.

I think a retrofit mount that comprised of two round plates, upper and lower with heavy ball detents would do the trick.

Turn the Harris backwards for for transport, then when you set up flick it around correctly so it can be loaded. You could even "hook" the gun over items when the bipod is in the folded-reverse position.

Make any sense, or just a pipe dream.

Re: Someone build this Harris bipod mount for me!

I've got a better idea. How about just put an Atlas Bipod on it. You can fold the legs back either direction with an Atlas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a better idea. How about just put an Atlas Bipod on it. You can fold the legs back either direction with an Atlas. </div></div>

This. A thousand times this.

My atlas folds under my rails of my SPR for easy storage, and with the QD mount it can come off whenever I need it too.

It also weighs less, has a smaller profile, and is really durable.

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="font-size: 11pt"> <span style="color: #3333FF">
Sorry for hijacking your thread, but I'm looking for an adapter to go from a flush mount swivel to a standard swivel stud. That way I can mount a Harris bipod onto a flush mount swivel base. Does anybody have an idea where I can find one? If I can find one, I can do away with the front stud so the rifle will ride a bag better. Thanks for any suggestions.

Bob
</span> </span> </span>

Just order your DTA with a 26" barrel and or use an Atlas ....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobcape</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="font-size: 11pt"> <span style="color: #3333FF">
Sorry for hijacking your thread, but I'm looking for an adapter to go from a flush mount swivel to a standard swivel stud. That way I can mount a Harris bipod onto a flush mount swivel base. Does anybody have an idea where I can find one? If I can find one, I can do away with the front stud so the rifle will ride a bag better. Thanks for any suggestions.

Bob
</span> </span> </span> </div></div>

IIRC these have only been made in prototype, and NOTHING is commercially available.