• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Something different

aussiegolf89

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 8, 2011
Abiline, TX
Im lookin to build a 1500 yd gun. I am just looking for caliber suggestions. I have a .308 and a .338 lapua mag. I dont want to go above the .338 to keep weight down as much as possible. I also have a .300 win mag. I just want something different! Thanks!!!

Re: Something different

338-408 might be worth looking at, otherwise a 338 lapua improved or 300 lapua improved with the new berger 230gr.
Another case worth looking at is the 300 norma magnum with the new 230gr

.338 Edge uses 300RUM case necked up to .338 and bam your done. Will Beat on your Lapua and cost $1 for Brass! Why pay $2.50 for brass and not be able to use a Remington Long action? Or second choice would be 7 WSM as well.

I would go 7wsm! A 300 Lapua Improved would be fun though too...

Since you have a 308, 300 win mag and a 338 lapua, and all you want is a 1500yd gun, why go with anything improved, wasted bullets, powder, primers, and barrel life. You want different, then go with 7x61 Sharpe & Hart. Norma makes brass, throat it for 180 Bergers. You will not be dissappointed.

You already have a 338lm, why do you need something else??
7rm maybe? or a 284 winchester?

have you checked out the .338 norma mag?

I dont understand what it is you want to do.
I shoot a .300wm to 1400 yards ( that is as far as I can go there) . Are you looking for something different to shoot for fun ,just to see if you can? The folks I shoot with like to try odd rifles at distance, say a .204 at 800 yards. So I get that.
But if you have a .338 LM you should be good to go past 1500.
I'am not tryin to pick at you I'am just confused as to what you want.