• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Something strange...

turbohardtop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2010
Austin, TX
The USPS postal man delivered a small package addressed to my wife from China as if she bought something (cheap) from Ebay. The strange thing about this incident is that my wife never buy stuff from Ebay and she does not have an account so I do not know where her name came from. Another is that the post required signature which I signed for her. Seems so strange to me and I wonder if I should worry about this incident. The package contains a couple of small color electronic toothbrushes with some extra heads. Am I being paranoid?

Re: Something strange...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbohardtop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The USPS postal man delivered a small package addressed to my wife from China as if she bought something (cheap) from Ebay. The strange thing about this incident is that my wife never buy stuff from Ebay and she does not have an account so I do not know where her name came from. Another is that the post required signature which I signed for her. Seems so strange to me and I wonder if I should worry about this incident. The package contains a couple of small color electronic toothbrushes with some extra heads. Am I being paranoid? </div></div>

That is weird. I'd check out the user name on Ebay and see what other kind of stuff the user of the Ebay name buys.

Pssst. Those aren't toothbrushes.

crazy.gif

Or somebody bought it for her, for Christmas, and had it drop-shipped to your address?

And yeah, that was funny Veer.

Then again, maybe somebody is subtly trying to tell you something, via your wife?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Teggy1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd be checking my credit cards and bank accounts. </div></div>

This happened to me last year. Someone sent me some expensive "roasted pumpkin seeds". Then billed my credit card for a $499 set of sheets from Sears. The seeds were a dupe to get a UPS bar code delivered to our address.

I had to take photos and send to the credit card company to get them to take the charges off my card. But I don't think they ever pursued the offender.

Check all your credit cards and checking accounts. I hope this is not the case for you.

Obviously I have already talked to my wife and she does not know anything about it. I do fear that it is some credit card scam that gets your signature the try to duplicate it.

Someone got my CC info once. Bought a few things and they all shipped to my house. Definitely check.

Had my credentials stolen years ago. They hit ebay as well. Been fighting for almost 10 years.

i had a similar package show up at my house, addressed to my sister who was out of town. it originated in china.

this is what it was.

29w31vp.jpg