• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Somewhat Snipery SMERSH/KGB/SPETSNAZ Tokarev TT33

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    If I was a vintage Cold War KGB/SMERSH/SPETSNAZ Sniper, this is waht I would carry. I got this Tokarev TT33 for les than $200. Decided to see what I could turn it into. Added a muzzle brake. Milled lightening cuts in slide to speed up cycling. Bobbed the hammer. Lightening cuts in trigger and stoned all contact surfaces. Ameriglo tritium suppressor sights. Milled slide for optic and added a Fastfire. Modified 1911 speed magwell. Custom walnut grips. Built a custom extended slide release and extended magazine release. Added a Picatinny rail to the frame. Custom Cerakote: Graphite/Titanium slide, Burnt Bronze frame. Works great.
    DSCN2342.JPG

DSCN2343.JPG

DSCN2344.JPG

DSCN2345.JPG

DSCN2346.JPG

DSCN2347.JPG

DSCN2348.JPG

DSCN2349.JPG

Last edited:
    I wish I had the skills to do what you did to that blaster, haha.

Have any before and after time trials info to see if all the work made for a faster/better shooter?

Didn't bother to do any before stuff, but the slide release and mag release required two hands to operate and you needed 20-10 vision to see the sights.

The russkies did a better job shaping the lower frame at the mag release than Colt does on their 1911s post the 1920s.

That looks real smooth with a consistent radius. Did you clean that up?

The stock Tok looks more like the work Colt does, the arc of the radius changing through out its line.

Great job looks plenty accurate.

Just drilled and tapped for a larger mag release button. Considered going old school and cutting the trigger guard and fabricating and re-welding a new square guard but decided against it. Too much welding already.

Reactions: pmclaine