• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Son shot first buck today...8 y/o

LawDog101

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2010
Gotta do a bit of bragging about my 8y/o. He had buck fever bad with his little heart racing like crazy, but I got him to take a breath and he took his first buck (a spike) this weekend. It was a long shot with the AR at 150 yards (I ranged it) with a Millet DMS-1 (1-4x), but the 62gr Barnes TSX bullet did an excellent job with a clean kill. Ran about 40 yards. Hit was dead center and just slightly back of the shoulder. His doe from last year was a little closer but he said he felt good about the shot and called the hit and shot placement. He even stayed on the gun and followed the deer into the woods.

IMG_0723.jpg

I am a proud Dad!

Re: Shot son first buck today...8 y/o

I was scratching my head at that too. Figured the OP was just caught up in the excitement.

Re: Shot son first buck today...8 y/o

That's so damn awesome! You should certainly be a proud dad. I still remember my first buck, both the first one I shot at and the first one i hit. That boy will remember that as long as he lives and it will always be "dad" that was with him.