• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Song of the day.

My nephew's band, All Them Witches, in New York last night.
My nephew is the bass player/lead singer.

Started listening to these guys about 3 years ago. It was on a Spotify channel that I had with other chill blues. Like some of their music. You didn't say whether you approve... :ROFLMAO: :cool:

• Love
Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
Started listening to these guys about 3 years ago. It was on a Spotify channel that I had with other chill blues. Like some of their music. You didn't say whether you approve... :ROFLMAO: :cool:

Not my kind of music, but he’s my nephew, so yeah, I approve. He’s a good kid, and has good head on his shoulders. They play to sold out shows all over Europe. The Europeans just love his band.

Reactions: Govt Mule
Summer of 75 in Santa Monica right after he came out with this album. Short drive from Pendleton. I will admit to not being sobor.

Reactions: Eggman
Another famous guitar playing sheriff. Jimmy Capps.
I have a wonderful yet embarrassing story about meeting Jimmy and Michelle. I used to watch Larry’s Country Diner on RFD channel a lot. Kind of a corny show but they always had some good musical guests. Jimmy was the “sheriff” and played backup guitar with the guests. All I knew about him was that he was the sheriff.
I was working as a tech at an RV dealership in Lewisville Tx where they had purchased a motor home. I was repairing a few items on their punch list. Jimmy was in the driver’s seat fiddling with the radio. He dialed in the college jazz station out of Denton. I said “ You like jazz”. He says “Yeah, but I’m more of a country guy.” Suddenly I realized who he was and said “Hey you’re the sheriff off of Larry’s Country Diner”. He grinned and said yes. I then also recognized Michelle from the show. She realized that I didn’t know who he really was. She said “He’s too humble to tell you who he is so I will”. She proceeded to tell me about Jimmy being a very famous Nashville studio musician who played on hundreds of hit country songs. I was extremely embarrassed that I didn’t know who he was. We talked for quite awhile. He was one of the most gracious humble persons I have ever met. As was Michelle. He has since passed.

Another famous guitar playing sheriff. Jimmy Capps.
I have a wonderful yet embarrassing story about meeting Jimmy and Michelle. I used to watch Larry’s Country Diner on RFD channel a lot. Kind of a corny show but they always had some good musical guests. Jimmy was the “sheriff” and played backup guitar with the guests. All I knew about him was that he was the sheriff.
I was working as a tech at an RV dealership in Lewisville Tx where they had purchased a motor home. I was repairing a few items on their punch list. Jimmy was in the driver’s seat fiddling with the radio. He dialed in the college jazz station out of Denton. I said “ You like jazz”. He says “Yeah, but I’m more of a country guy.” Suddenly I realized who he was and said “Hey you’re the sheriff off of Larry’s Country Diner”. He grinned and said yes. I then also recognized Michelle from the show. She realized that I didn’t know who he really was. She said “He’s too humble to tell you who he is so I will”. She proceeded to tell me about Jimmy being a very famous Nashville studio musician who played on hundreds of hit country songs. I was extremely embarrassed that I didn’t know who he was. We talked for quite awhile. He was one of the most gracious humble persons I have ever met. As was Michelle. He has since passed.

That is awesome. A custom car outfitter who works next to my office has done work Charley Pride with his collectible Stutz.

Ray is giving respect to Jerry Jeff Walker who made a big hit with this song and most people heard the Walker version. But Ray Wylie Hubbard is the one who wrote it.

• Love
Reactions: Moe Ron
My brother-in-law is the son of Roy Eddie Burris who co-wrote Okie From Muskogee with Merle Haggard. Eddie was Merle’s drummer. Woopdee frickin doo. Right?😂

Reactions: Ronws
My brother-in-law is the son of Roy Eddie Burris who co-wrote Okie From Muskogee with Merle Haggard. Eddie was Merle’s drummer. Woopdee frickin doo. Right?😂
My wife and I have met and talked to RWH several times. She had met him back in the 80s when he came to talk and give a share at her AA meeting.

We saw him several times in Dallas and at least once in Sherman, Texas at Hot Summer Nights. My favorites of his are Redneck Mothers, Snake Farm, and Time to Rock and Roll, which was featured in the movie, "Hell or High Water" with Chris Pine.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT DARK COUNTRY TRIPLE JACKPOT

pestilence_by_dougsirois-d5mciua.jpg

ELECTRIC WORRY - CLUTCH

BEAT THE DEVIL TATTOO - BLACK REBEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB

99 PROBLEMS AND A BITCH AIN'T ONE - HUGO

I believe 1000 miles is best song Dwight ever wrote (not the same song as a thousand miles from nowhere.)

Reactions: Longshot231