• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Song of the day.

In winter's silent white
In spring's golden light
In autumn's bloody red, autumn's bloody red

In winter's silent white
In spring's golden light

While winter's silent white and while spring's golden sunlight
The old wanderer walks, forevermore and evermore
The old wanderer walks while autumn's red, forevermore, evermore

In winter's silent white
In spring's golden light

While winter's silent white and while spring's golden sunlight
The old wanderer walks, forevermore and evermore
The old wanderer walks while autumn's red, forevermore, evermore..​

Falkenbach is a favorite! Tiurida is one of my favorite albums.

• Love
Reactions: aam and Zorrosdens
Something heavier. The soundtrack of nature plugged into a massive amp and pedal board.

Been playing a lot of the classic Tomb Raider games as of late and I swear anytime I don't fuck up a jump or a trap gauntlet, I hear this song play in my head!

Most definitely.

As promised, the first song 'Der schlafende Kaiser' (the sleeping emperor) from the album 'Bergentrückt' (mountain rapture), by the band 'Sturmpercht'. If you're familiar with any folktales or stories related to the 'King under the Mountain' theme, this will be familiar to you. JRR Tolkien utilized this theme in the Lord of the Rings. It appears in many cultures, and figures prominently in Alpine cultures and Northern Europe.

I am not a translator by trade, and my German skills have become rusty with disuse over the years. Furthermore, Sturmpercht is Austrian, and the dialect is distinctly different from the Northern German dialect I learned in West Berlin. The lyrics are quite poetic, and I have failed to retain any semblance of tempo or rhyme in the translation. This is an amateur effort, so any offers of correction are welcome. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy!

Sturmpercht - Der Schlafende Kaiser/The Sleeping Emperor

A shepherd boy was standing at Untersberg (Under the Mountain) late in the evening, when a brown dwarf emerged out of the rock. "Would you like to see the Kaiser Karl, you merry shepherd boy? So climb down with me from these heights, into the dark-as-night depths of the Mountain.”

The Shepherd descends with the little man into a special entrance leading beneath the surface, so that he may be shown the Kaiser who lives below.

As the dwarf leads the shepherd through fissures in the rock, days pass, out of sight of the sun. And deeper, ever deeper they went down into the black gulch, all around gray rocks hung in night-polluted air.

Then suddenly, bright as a traffic light, both were standing before a portal of light. And what a sudden shining light there was, a room opened wide before them, and shone as silver.

Column loomed upon column, wall flickering upon wall; there watchful guards stood rigid and mute, with spear in hand. Helmet fallen, shield on arm, statues all alike; absent the warmth of a heartbeat beneath their armor in this barren realm.

In the midst of the hall sat the ancient Kaiser, asleep for time unmeasured, looking neither left nor right. A crown adorned his head, hair trimmed close, his white beard grown over a marble table.

He nodded heavily, in slumber, and through bushy brows, as though occupied with special tasks even in dreams. There were also many proud men sitting around the edge of the table, heads resting in hands, nodding like unto the Kaiser.

They wore all manner of vests, in a variety of colors. Like the Kaiser, their beards grown over the marble table. The shepherd, seeing this, kneels low before the Kaiser, whose head wobbles gently, but sleeps as before.

But then with difficulty, the Kaiser raises his head, and earnestly asks of the Shepherd, “Speak - do the ravens yet fly around this mountain?” Answering, the shepherd spake, “They yet fly about, as before."

Then the aged Kaiser, as though badly injured, lowers his head of white hair, and murmurs, “So I have yet a hundred years more to sleep!” Then the Kaiser slumbers once more, eyebrows pulling, and around the table all sleep and nod alike.

The dwarf then beckons gently to the shepherd, who hurries to follow. Once more through the night, the gnome leads the young guest. As they at last stand upon the mountain, surrounded by greenery, the dwarf vanishes, and the shepherd boy believes it was for him, all just a dream.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="1043" height="782" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Love
Reactions: Lapuapalooza
To our fallen brothers and sisters.

May they find peace and that great gig in the sky...

Reactions: Ledzep
<iframe width="1280" height="782" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Love
Reactions: Joel Danielson
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="1014" height="782" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Love
Reactions: rublenoon and aam
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="1280" height="782" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The slide work George Harrison did on this song is a treat! My favorite AL song...

Not a fan, but IMO she did a few songs as well as anyone. This is one.

<iframe width="1049" height="782" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: Longshot231
Surprised didn't see Jim Croce here yet

I saw a fight in high school between a kid that must have been only 4'9" tall against a another guy who must have been 6'2."

I was 5'9." So I knew that the big guy was at least 6'2" when he stood close to me.

Anyway the giant was teasing the little guy and shoving him around to the point that the squirt threw a punch in the big guy's nuts.

It was a stiff arm punch that look like a battering ram hit a door about four feet off the ground. Hercules didn't see it coming but he felt it.

He covered his groin with both hands to protect what he had left. The boxing chihuahua kept throwing punches but hitting the back of the big guys hands.

He must have been inflicting a lot of pain in the cracked eggs through the hands so much that I could see it in the Colossus' face. He reminded my of my babies' crying after they got their first shot.

The punches on the back of the hands covering the groin looked like a jack-hammer. This guy was hurting in the twins and the back of his hands.

It must have been a half dozen or more punches that were landed then the sequoia tree fell over. That's when the little squirrel showed us how much damage his feet could cause.

He kicked the toppled bad guy in the face and must have broke his nose and facial bones. This kid wasn't wearing any tennis shoes. It was some hard leather boots that he was getting bloody.

I can still hear the big guys screams today. It was all over in a couple of minutes. The little guy walked away and the crowd parted like the Red Sea to get out of his way.

It was the first time that I almost (repeat almost) felt sorry for a bully. He was a bloody 240 pound mess on the ground that cried and moaned like he was dying.

The bell rang for us to get back to class. I don't know how or when he got up but didn't see him again for very long time. It must have been a couple of months as his cuts and bruises were gone as I recall. He also had a very quiet and gentle demeanor after that.

Big Jim and the high school fight remind me of another song...

My favorite Croce...

<iframe width="1043" height="782" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>