• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sonic cleaning solutions

for brass

1/2 cold water 1/2 white vinegar

9mm case of lemon shine..

rinse in distilled

you use this formula for a couple years then you go stainless, and wonder why you messed with sonic.

Last edited:
For brass
My cleaning solution mixes 2 tablespoons of anhydrous (powdered) citric acid in 1 gallon of tap water, with a splash of dishwashing detergent (such as Dawn).

1. Fill the ultrasonic cleaner tank with tap water, to 1" below the maximum fill line.
2. Fill a 600ml Pyrex or Kimax laboratory beaker about half-way with cleaning solution.
3. Place the beaker in the tank and allow the cleaning solution to go through 3 or 4 8-minute cycles. This will remove the bubbles from the solution and enhance its cleaning ability.
4. Place 25-30 de-primed cases in the beaker and run for 3 8-minute cycles.
5. 1 8-minute bath using hot tap water.
6. 1 8-minute bath using distilled water.
7. Place cases (mouth up) in a loading block and permit to dry (air dry or hair blow dryer).

Works great for me.

I put a 1.5 table spoons of this softener cleaner (which is essentially citric acid) in my harbor freight unit, 80 cases of de-capped 300WM, fill with tap water and run for 2) 8 minute cycles.
I then throw them in my tumbler after I've rinsed and dried them by hand. I added a little baking soda to the corn cob media to help neutralize the acid and give it that extra polish.

Granular Water Softener Cleaner at Menards