• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

son's x-mas present

eli polite

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
delaware
so i ordered this for my 12 year old son. It got here this week and i picked it up today. I am sure he will love it. Hell i cant wait to shoot it. its a custom ruger 10/22

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

Re: son's x-mas present

That is sweet. Your son will really enjoy. Nothing better than building good memories with your children.

NICE! Good pick up! Your son will love it, will this be his first gun or is this just a big upgrade? It will be hard waiting until Christmas to give it to him!

Very nice. Enjoy every minute of it, as they grow up way too fast.

My boys are now 25 and 30 and I still remember all those early days and all the first "this and thats" we did together.

This best thing is, they still like to shoot and so do I.

Although we all still live in Texas the 3 of us are doing a "sea duck" hunt in Boston Harbor after the first of the year. It will be the first "sea duck" hunt for any of us, and another first with a lasting memory.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: epdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">went to the range and sent some out to the 50 yd line

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg
</div></div>

I cant see the pics... How did it shoot?

We were shooting at 50yrds with off the shelf bulk pack ammo. The smallest group was .75 the largest was 2" with 36gr hallow points. Wind was steady at 25mph with gusts at 35. I have an assortment of target rounds ordered so we will narrow down the best round later

this was just a fun day i will start teaching him how to use the scope and move out to 100 yards later

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: epdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We were shooting at 50yrds with off the shelf bulk pack ammo. The smallest group was .75 the largest was 2" with 36gr hallow points. Wind was steady at 25mph with gusts at 35. I have an assortment of target rounds ordered so we will narrow down the best round later

this was just a fun day i will start teaching him how to use the scope and move out to 100 yards later
</div></div>

Awesome keep us in the loop as he improves. I like these stories as my daughter and I shoot she progresses every time

Cant beat guns for kids Christmas gifts, will probably own it for the rest of his life, great memories also.